2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
History! :hap85:

Trusova's quads are more solid than the one i've seen earlier in the mens event. lol

(It would have been more epic with Rika's 3As)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Trusova is going to be the next no. 1 lady when she turns senior. I'll be very impressed if she can keep her quads long-term.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, there is no need to throw shade at the men to celebrate Trusova’s achievement today. She is amazing technically, period. :) #justalittlerant

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I am shocked with Trusova's TES! There are senior men who cannot get that score.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Okay, I'm gonna say this now and be criticized forever.

I think Trusova is spectacular, I truly do. But I think she's just started a very dangerous era for women skaters, one that I'm not sure I'm going to like.

It was spectacular and such an accomplishment, but I really don't want to see women getting injured attempting quads - Trusova's 13 and is super tiny, but it could be so dangerous and damaging to 'older' athletes (and for artistry imho)

gerorin

On the Ice
Also, there is no need to throw shade at the men to celebrate Trusoca’s achievement today. She is amazing technically, period. :) #justalittlerant

Some tend to do that, can't say I understand the urge. Or point.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
23 Mako YAMASHITA (JPN)

Music: Madame Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini

Pink-purle ombre dress

3Lz+3T+2T
3Lo+2T
FCSp4
CCoSp4
3S
3Lz+3T
2A
StSq4
3F
2A
CCoSp4

Clean skate, could very well take bronze

FS: 70.27+58.11 = 128.38 (PB), 195.17 (PB), 2/23

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Trusova is going to be the next no. 1 lady when she turns senior. I'll be very impressed if she can keep her quads long-term.

She'll keep it for 3 years and we'll all fall in love with her

And then for the Olympic year the judges would find some new 15 yr old,

Prop her up with PCS, And betray Trusova and all of us at the very last minute :agree:

Warwick360

Medalist
Oh lord. Not another Madame Butterfly. That too by a Japanese skater. To think I even disagreed when someone broached it as playing to the stereotype (especially as Madame Butterfly is quite negative in its portrayal) by skating to this by too many asian ladies.

I think Madame butterfly should be retired unless they can throw the playful side into it like Satoko did. Hearing it few times is great. But hearing the dramatic portion too many times is a bit too much. :slink: