2018 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 138 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Ladies FS

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Hey Osmond-4-Gold, just go to Kaetlyn’s Facebook page and see the beautiful photos from Japan Stars on Ice. Kaetlyn posted photos of her, Zhenya and Alina looking so happy and enjoying themselves. They all show good sportsmanship. Looks so nice...three role models for the younger skaters. Shows that you can be competitors but still be friends...gotta love it..

This was timely Millie, perhaps GS'ers can learn from their examples...here's hoping!

millie

Medalist
This was timely Millie, perhaps GS'ers can learn from their examples...here's hoping!

Can you please post them........I’m not computer savvy......Kaetlyn Osmond Canadian Figure skater. Facebook page..
There a lot of beautiful photos.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
What do you mean by "accepting"? It's not like anyone can take away her medal or something.
Has she won Worlds? Yes.
Is Kaetlyn the best female skater in the world currently? No. If she would be, she would won Olympics, or at least any other serious international competitions in the past years. In fact she never even was close.
It's actually somewhat reminds me of Sotnikova's situation, with only difference being that it was Olympics in her case.

To answer your question, not only is she the current World Champion but currently #1 in the World standings.
Prior to this victory, she was the reigning silver medalist at Worlds 2017, one spot away from winning the competition. How close can you get? And your last sentence :rofl:.

russianfan

Match Penalty
To answer your question, not only is she the current World Champion but currently #1 in the World standings.

standings which doesn't mean anything and nobody cares about them... okay :biggrin:

Prior to this victory, she was the reigning silver medalist at Worlds 2017, one spot away from winning the competition. How close can you get? And your last sentence :rofl:.

by closeness i mean difference in points... 15 points difference is not close...

i also love this photo :) wish some people could be as decent as they are

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Can you please post them........I’m not computer savvy......Kaetlyn Osmond Canadian Figure skater. Facebook page..
There a lot of beautiful photos.

Three incredible beauties here, including the 2017 and 2018 World Champions and the 2018 Olympic Champion!

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsm...004436134746/1240004379468085/?type=3&theater

And oh the talent in this picture! Role models each of them for the next gen., for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsm...741912027675/1239590849509438/?type=3&theater

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
standings which doesn't mean anything and nobody cares about them... okay :biggrin:

Why be dismissive of others, russianfan? Many care including BillNeal and myself for 2 people, as never has this ever happened to a Canadian woman, for the record. Also for me, when others talk as they do, about Kaetlyn's inconsistency, well so much for that myth as she podiumed in every event she participated this season, and she has earned more ISU points in the last 3 seasons, than any other competitor in her field. Theory debunked once and for all, especially after the past 2 dream seasons. Naysayers take notice, as you have just lost your, ''go to'' argument.

Okay RF, can we move on and stop with the tone because sadly, there is a tone. :eek:hwell:

millie

Medalist
Three incredible beauties here, including the 2017 and 2018 World Champions and the 2018 Olympic Champion!

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsm...004436134746/1240004379468085/?type=3&theater
And oh the talent in this picture! Role models each of them for the next gen., for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsm...741912027675/1239590849509438/?type=3&theater

Thank you for posting these photos. When I saw them, I said wow.....these photos should end this thread. What a beautiful way to end this season...Good luck to them and hope they have a happy, healthy Summer.🎉🙂

ramed

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Thank you for posting these photos. When I saw them, I said wow.....these photos should end this thread. What a beautiful way to end this season...Good luck to them and hope they have a happy, healthy Summer.
This one https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsm...741912027675/1239590849509438/?type=3&theater is especially interesting :) Meagan's standing as far as possible from Alina and Evgenia and turning her face away. Mere coincidence or the logical continuation of her kind words on TSL?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What do you mean by "accepting"? It's not like anyone can take away her medal or something.
Has she won Worlds? Yes.
Is Kaetlyn the best female skater in the world currently? No. If she would be, she would won Olympics, or at least any other serious international competitions in the past years. In fact she never even was close.
It's actually somewhat reminds me of Sotnikova's situation, with only difference being that it was Olympics in her case.

Slutskaya and Kwan and Asada have never won the Olympics. And they were regarded as the best at many points. Hughes was a multiple World medalist and won the Olympics but still many would have brushed it off and called Slutskaya or Kwan best in the World.

Asada was well off the podium in 2014 Olympics, and then won 2014 Worlds -- but should we simply say Sotnikova didn't compete and Lipnitskaia/Kostner were off their game, Mao Asada wasn't the best skater in the world at that point she won the title?

These are the world rankings.

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm

Reigning World Champion is atop the World rankings, so yes, as per rankings she is the best in the world. She has this ranking because she's done well at international events, like a bronze in the Olympics and silver at Worlds last year.

I'm also curious as to how you define serious internationals competitions... and how/who you would consider best in the World:
- Medvedeva didn't win the Olympics, so she's not the best female skater in the world according to your post.
- Zagitova winning Olympics makes her best in the World to you -- but then she didn't even medal at Worlds -- so how can she be best in the World?
- you say winning the Olympics makes someone best in the World but then criticize Sotnikova for having only won the Olympics - unless you acknowledge that when Sotnikova won and Hughes won and Arakawa won, they were the best in the World?
- Osmond having the highest World ranking somehow does not make her the best in the World, but when other skaters are ranked #1, are the world rankings suddenly legitimate to you?

One thing is for certain: Osmond is the reigning World champion -- and will be for at least the next 11 months -- and no amount of derision or attempts to trivialize her will change that. :biggrin:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ 'This' and so many more of your insights this season, CanadianSkaterGuy. I think some fans need to reflect even for a moment to absorb what has truly happened the last month, given the realization that the ladies field is much wider and deeper than many had originally thought. So, no Russian lady on a World podium?

I look back at those, even a moderator on here, who marveled after Europeans, at how far superior the Russian ladies were from everyone else in the field. Yes, we have a new non Russian World Champion, complete with a non Russian podium. Reality can bite one where it hurts, sometimes. :reye:

So much for...''the gap'' theory.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I look back at those, even a moderator on here, who marveled after Europeans, at how far ahead the Russian ladies were from everyone else in the field. Yes, we have a new non Russian World Champion! Reality can bite one where it hurts, sometimes. :reye:

While a new non-Russian World Champion is notable, I think it's even more notable that Osmond is the first North-American World Champion in ladies since 2006. When others surely would have thought it would have been American woman, for it to be a Canadian is a pleasant surprise!

I think the vitriol would have been way less were it one of the Japanese skaters winning. It bites a whole lot harder when it's a skater that some people have periodically bashed and ridiculed, saying she has no chance against the Russians, and trying to always steer her out of the equation. Looking forward to many future threads featuring the reigning World Champion Kaetlyn Osmond. :clap:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Ironically, it was Osmond who won with a 12-point gap over the nearest medalist, and a 16-point gap over the nearest Russian. :drama:

True, so the ''Gap Theory'' does exist, but only in reverse to what some were originally thinking on GS. I get it now. ;)

Stephen Hawking, if you are reading this in heaven, I now understand!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
As I said before, most improved female skater this quad, coming back from a potentially career ending injury and re-injury; from not making the World team to standing on the top 2 steps of the podium in consecutive years. In all competitions this season, she medalled with a score well over the 200 mark. She will be unchallenged for the next 5 months, atop the ISU standings until the Challenger and GP series open.

russianfan

Match Penalty
So, the same people who were saying "let's end it on this positive and nice photo" continue the fuss again? Talk about hypocrisy :laugh:

I'm also curious as to how you define serious internationals competitions... and how/who you would consider best in the World:

GPF, Euros/4CC, Olympics, Worlds. That's simple. Alina won 3 of them, Kaetlyn won 1, mostly due to Alina bombing, because of being extremely tired after countless meetings in Russia as well as getting cold and having literally no time to properly recover. Also with Medvedeva completely ignoring this competition, which says quite a lot about its "importance". Even long before this Worlds i said that it doesn't matter at all. More like a good bonus to have in your pocket.

Medvedeva didn't win the Olympics, so she's not the best female skater in the world according to your post.
She was in previous two seasons. Now she's not.

- Zagitova winning Olympics makes her best in the World to you -- but then she didn't even medal at Worlds -- so how can she be best in the World?
Explained in second paragraph. It took complete bombing on her side for someone else to win. Olympics were very demonstrative in this case - all of main contenders were clean, no serious mistakes from anyone. And guess who won? Right, you know the answer.

- you say winning the Olympics makes someone best in the World but then criticize Sotnikova for having only won the Olympics - unless you acknowledge that when Sotnikova won and Hughes won and Arakawa won, they were the best in the World?
I didn't know last two properly (and dont really care to be honest), but Sotnikova definitely wasn't the best in the world at that moment. Most likely it was Yuna. Sotnikova just had surprisingly good competition(and huge home support of course).

- Osmond having the highest World ranking somehow does not make her the best in the World, but when other skaters are ranked #1, are the world rankings suddenly legitimate to you?
I didn't care about those "rankings" before, i don't care about them now, and i won't care about them in any future. But if you're so obsessed with ratings, how about the current one?

Hmm... I wonder if you maintain the same sentiment when it comes to Osmond beating the closest Russian by 15.51 points at Worlds? #TheDifferenceIsNotClose :popcorn:
And what? Or do you really expect girl who completely bombed, to be close in scores? LOL

Now, bye my fellow friends, i don't have so much time to visit this thread every day and anwer to every nonsense or pathethic trolling attempt. Adios!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
GPF, Euros/4CC, Olympics, Worlds. That's simple. Alina won 3 of them, Kaetlyn won 1, mostly due to Alina bombing, because of being extremely tired after countless meetings in Russia as well as getting cold and having literally no time to properly recover. Also with Medvedeva completely ignoring this competition, which says quite a lot about its "importance". Even long before this Worlds i said that it doesn't matter at all. More like a good bonus to have in your pocket.

Adios!

So you call Europeans a win for Zag versus KO....since when did North Americans compete at the Europeans? Also, KO and other top North Americans did not compete in 4CC's this year. I would hardly call these serious comps. when only half the field or alternate skaters show up. Of the remaining comps, I have Kaetlyn with 4 medals 2 Gold and 2 Bronze versus Alina 2 Gold and 1 Silver, for the season, or 4 to 3, advantage Osmond.

Perhaps we can compare once Zag gets a few years under her and can finally be on a world podium, as KO has done the past 2 seasons.

Yes, Adios indeed!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Now, bye my fellow friends, i don't have so much time to visit this thread every day and anwer to every nonsense or pathethic trolling attempt. Adios!

I really hope that you don't just walk into a thread, make certain statements and expect no one to provide rebuttals. Those that have responded to you have substantiated their points, which is characteristic of a fair discussion.