2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Danny T

Medalist
Wow, quite clean for Viveca, and in front of the home crowd too! Happy for her. :agree:

She looked very focused and a bit stone-faced, but if that focus lands the jump then quite great for early season. Can always perform more when the elements are secured.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Her eyeshadow is distracting, wish they'd use a softer shade. Pity about the fall, she was going nicely until then.

frida80

Record Breaker
She needs more time to get it clean, buts a much better fit than the Lion King FS. Her dresss is gorgeous, but doesn't suit this music.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Her eyeshadow is distracting, wish they'd use a softer shade. Pity about the fall, she was going nicely until then.

Agree, it reminds me of that 00's ballroom tournament trend of big white eyelid in pearl for ladies:palmf:, looks ageing and dated on such beautiful lady Pooja is. A bronze shimmer would look great!

Danny T

Medalist
Quite a shame the Lz fall took a lot out of her. However, she is a great performer - that didn't feel like 4 minutes at all.

Agreed that the eyeliner is a bit distracting.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Pooja Kalyan (USA)

Godo 3F+3T, 3T a little stuck and looks <. Strong 3T and a fairly good spin to follow. Nicely landed 2A. Ouch, a heavy fall on the 3Lz (yep, <). Average speed on the combo spin. Not a lot of speed but okay 3F, wobbly landing. Alright 2A+2T+2Lo (2Lo looks < on pre-rotation). Wild swing on the 3S as well, looks <. Footwork sequence could have more stretch through the arms but it was carefully done. Wonderful layback right to the accent of the music.

Fairly good jumps today, but not a lot of speed going into some of the jumps in the back half. I think she could work on projection and expression. There are times when she's right on the music and then other times the energy dips and is not sustained well. But she's great to have in our group of American ladies. Some more speed would be good for her since she has great power in her legs as her short program showed.

Total: 156.05, FS: 97.63, TES 47.88, PCS 50.75, -1 Deduction

pearly

Record Breaker
I thought everyone recognized summertime. It feels like at least half the ladies have skated to it.

I caught it at some point today, but I think someone skated to it earlier. I don't think I caught it during Pooja's skate. My attention to most skating this weekend is like my commentary this weekend - superficial.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not the best day for jumps for her, but I very much enjoyed her attack and expressiveness. She's damn good with her arms, did she do ballet or another kind of dance?