2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
She finished with TES comparable to the first skater, who popped and was a disaster. Med — 3Lz! (probably e, camera wasn’t helpful to audience), 2A okay, fell on 3F and no combo. 25 or 26 TES? Yeah, not coming back from that.

Yikes, I hope she's not being too harsh on herself and can turn in around with a killer free skate

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yow. Med in the first group? I can't believe it. But still, she's only six points back from second. I could easily see her making that up, and I don't think it's far fetched that some (even most) of the ladies ahead of her could make errors that clear the way for her. I believe Med is a fighter, and I don't think she's one to melt down. I think she'll come back fighting for the podium tomorrow, and probably will make it.

neusw

On the Ice
How is she going to come back from that??? :( She was so good in practice why just why... i was fine with her being 2nd after seeing Liza throwing down her 3A (kudos to that btw) but now she‘s 7th??? Can she even podium??? Make the GPF??? What i cant believe it this is so unfair why world

No need to freak out, SP placements don't matter and points are very close. She might not catch Liza T, but everyone else in front of her is inconsistent as hell.

frida80

Record Breaker
How is she going to come back from that??? :( She was so good in practice why just why... i was fine with her being 2nd after seeing Liza throwing down her 3A (kudos to that btw) but now she‘s 7th??? Can she even podium??? Make the GPF??? What i cant believe it this is so unfair why world

Anything is possible. I've seen that many times.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia somewhat reminded me here of Adelina’s short comeback season in 2015-16. Her maturity and performance abilities grew leaps and bounds from her previous season, which was the Sochi Olympic season, of course. I suppose we can give some credit to her stint on Russian Dancing With The Stars for that.

As for Zhenya, I think she will be okay. I’ll continue to keep the faith. :cheer: She made so many huge life changes in the past year; changes that I’m willing to bet none of us have ever had to face all at once. It makes me sad to see people write her off already.

I‘m not writing her off, I‘m heartbroken. People will eat her alive after this. I don‘t even want to know what TAT says about this.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Ask Hanyu.

moriel

Record Breaker

She can. Her difference with Liza is 14 points, but with Wakaba, only 6.
What may hurt her is that she is in the first warm up now.

mishulyia

On the Ice
Question about Med’s missed combo — was it placed later only for the potential bonus? You’d think if it were first and missed she would adjust later.

Kissx3

Final Flight
The podium and GPF is so realistic for Zhenya btw ... Apart from Liza the other scores are not too far from Zhenya to catch in the free

Yeah, less than 6 points. If she delivers tomorrow, and personally I'd expect it considering her track record, she'll rocket ahead of 2-6.

MalAssada

Medalist
Trust me, everyone, Wakaba's music gets even worse when you understand the lyrics... it's essentially one sentence repeated over and over. Of all the fantastic Brazilian music, she picked this :palmf:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I‘m not writing her off, I‘m heartbroken. People will eat her alive after this. I don‘t even want to know what TAT says about this.

exactly :(
well now I hope she can just get silver. or even bronze, if she wins IdF. just a gpf, please. otherwise she'll never get to worlds - they'd send Gulyakova or Tarusina or Samodurova :(

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to see Zhenya down so far, but thrilled that the Americans have two skaters in the top 5! So great to see Starr rebound after SA, and I hope she can do that in the LP as well!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The problem with Evgenia is that she also lost levels in spins and steps, so she lost more than 10 points. But the marks are quite close so she may be on the podium tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow!