2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Woah okay so it seems like I missed Zhenya's performance. From the comments, I don't know if I want to go and watch it, but at the same time I really want to see how much her style's changed. Wakaba's turn right now, she's rocking it!

She finished with TES comparable to the first skater, who popped and was a disaster. Med — 3Lz! (probably e, camera wasn’t helpful to audience), 2A okay, fell on 3F and no combo. 25 or 26 TES? Yeah, not coming back from that.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
A solid performance from Wakaba with very strong jumping passes! Powerful 2A to open, a well-performed 3Lz+3T, and a 3F that was just a bit forward (3F perhaps was <). Spins were fairly centered and could be faster, and the step sequence could be a bit more difficult. I think this program is fun and has a lot of vitality, though I don't think the choreography really shows off her powerful edging and has places that make her look slower than she really is.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I feel like I jinxed Zhenya by watching her

What on earth happened

I have never seen her do a jump like this

Omg

6th how please someone tell me

7th probably it's too sad I want to sleep and forget about Skate Canada and wake up on Sunday morning to see her happy
skate gods, is the GPF really too much to ask for??

Fluture

Record Breaker
Great for Wakaba!! She‘s one of my faves so thanks for her at least delivering.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other then the jumps everything Wakaba did in this performance was superior to Liza.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I can’t stop listening to this song since ACI. Thank you Wakaba!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Replay suggests possible UR on the -3T.

EDIT: and probably 3F as well.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Completely missed Wakaba's skate because still so upset about Evgenia's fall. I hope she realizes this program is lovely, and I definitely see the improvements in skating skills. I loved how she didn't give up on the performance after the fall.

ranjake

Final Flight
Woah okay so it seems like I missed Zhenya's performance. From the comments, I don't know if I want to go and watch it, but at the same time I really want to see how much her style's changed. Wakaba's turn right now, she's rocking it!

I LOVED the performance- I think she's grown as a skater- the best skating all-around, except for the blasted combo :(

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
The podium and GPF is so realistic for Zhenya btw ... Apart from Liza the other scores are not too far from Zhenya to catch in the free

Fluture

Record Breaker
How is she going to come back from that??? :( She was so good in practice why just why... i was fine with her being 2nd after seeing Liza throwing down her 3A (kudos to that btw) but now she‘s 7th??? Can she even podium??? Make the GPF??? What i cant believe it this is so unfair why world

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm glad I have a wedding to be at tomorrow so I don't need to worry about this comp. Fingers crossed for an open bar.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, this is a real shame.

I vastly prefer this more adult woman Medvedeva to the little girl version who pretended to answer the telephone.

Evgenia somewhat reminded me here of Adelina’s short comeback season in 2015-16. Her maturity and performance abilities grew leaps and bounds from her previous season, which was the Sochi Olympic season, of course. I suppose we can give some credit to her stint on Russian Dancing With The Stars for that.

As for Zhenya, I think she will be okay. I’ll continue to keep the faith. :cheer: She’s made so many enormous life changes in the past year, not just in relation to her skating, per say; and they are changes that I’m willing to bet none of us have ever had to face all at once. It makes me sad to see people write her off already.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Rough to see Evgenia have that error - it sounded like she was doing so well in practice. I'm glad to see Wakaba have a clean skate though.