2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 335 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don’t think what Sasha has achieved, in terms of number of quads she learned, will ever be something „normal“ - meaning something all ladies one day will be able to repeat. Sasha was, is and will be exceptional in that, imo. But if there’s a lady I think can repeat that and land/learn just as many quads, it’s Veronika.

brakes

On the Ice
Any translations available?
Two excerpts on "sports.ru" through google translate:

- You already have huge, colossal successes, but do you have a global goal?

- Yes, I believe that my path in sports is just beginning, and I do not have everything that I want to implement. I want to learn new elements, develop. Improve the programs in general to make them more interesting and learn new elements.

For example, I am currently working on a triple axel. This jump is harder for me than quadruples. For me, it will be a victory over myself if I can make this jump in training and then insert it into the competitive program.

Also, of course, global goals - the Olympics, for example. This is the most important start for any athlete. Of course, I would very much like to qualify for the Olympics, to show the maximum of my capabilities there.

I have never been to the World Cup, since the previous one was canceled due to coronavirus. Therefore, of course, this remains an unfulfilled goal that I will strive for.

- Who supports you the most in such ambitious goals - subscribers, fans, or maybe someone close?

- Of course, these are close people. I come home and know that there are people there who support me in everything. Of course, it's hard for me too. Something doesn't work out, I get upset. And it is very important that my family is very supportive of me in what I do.

The coaches at the rink, of course, also give a lot, teach new things, also always support, help to tune in to the competition.

And fans, from social media, I feel a lot of support. At competitions, when you finish the program, you have a lot of emotions, you look at the stands and see posters with your name: people come, cheer for you, throw toys on the ice.

Children who run and say, "I want to be like you." And you feel such a rush, charge, immense motivation to do something further. The fact that in the most difficult moments helps not to stop, to move on, - said Shcherbakova live for Nike.

Two-time Russian champion Anna Shcherbakova told who she would like to see as her partner if she decided to try herself in pair skating.

“I think it would be cool if there was an opportunity to perform in a pair with some cool singles. For example, with Nathan Chen, who now, one might say, is moving the history of figure skating forward.

On the other hand, I am amazed at the girls who go to pair skating because I am very afraid. Personally, I have no idea how you can make support, for example. I am very scared even when I look at the guys from the side.

I always turn my back when some support starts, when they are lifted up. I am much calmer when on the ice I am responsible for myself, I know exactly what I am doing, and I don’t depend on anyone, ”Shcherbakova said in a live broadcast for Nike.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker

Uh

Losing Super Sasha and Princess Aliona are devastating losses for TT and EG. But losing Veronika may be the greatest loss of all. She already has it all and does the toughest jumps possible like they are nothing. Nobody knows what the future holds for her but the sky's the limit.

Congratulations to Sambo-70 on their 50th anniversary. But it's embarrassing that such a momentous occasion and anniversary was marred by the controversy of their not inviting the reigning and defending Olympic and World Champion to their celebration. If it was the 10th anniversary or the 20th or the 30th I could see missing it but the 50th Anniversary you have to invite one of your greats. They didn't.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Yes, as much as I LOVE Talalaykina, there is no way she could have been third with those URs, and with only a 6 triple program.
We mustn't forget that the judges also were kind of harsh with Khromykh. Her 4S attempt was downgraded to a 3S, which also meant that she had a 3T invalid at the end of the program because of the Zayak rule. She lost a HUGE amount of points because of that.

Edit: Come to think of it. That is bad strategy from the Eteri camp. Maybe they had a plan B but Maiia forgot about it? Fact remains, if she doesn't make the 4S she needs to change the rest of the program to avoid the Zayak rule. Maiia didn't do that. As it turned out she did two 3Lzs, 3S and 3Ts. I hope they learned the lesson.
thats not the way the Zayak rule works,

If she rotated 1/4 above a 3S it'd have been called a 4S<<, and unless she did another 4S attempt she'd be unaffected by doing the 4S attempt in terms of Zayak.

eliana

On the Ice
Uh

Losing Super Sasha and Princess Aliona are devastating losses for TT and EG. But losing Veronika may be the greatest loss of all. She already has it all and does the toughest jumps possible like they are nothing. Nobody knows what the future holds for her but the sky's the limit.

Congratulations to Sambo-70 on their 50th anniversary. But it's embarrassing that such a momentous occasion and anniversary was marred by the controversy of their not inviting the reigning and defending Olympic and World Champion to their celebration. If it was the 10th anniversary or the 20th or the 30th I could see missing it but the 50th Anniversary you have to invite one of your greats. They didn't.
I don't think it was intentional, just a bad organization

brakes

On the Ice
I don't think it was intentional, just a bad organization
I think they would've to choose who's gonna raise the flag and imagine what the fans of other would say, if they saw their idol standing aside, just watching.

Fried

Final Flight
I think they would've to choose who's gonna raise the flag and imagine what the fans of other would say, if they saw their idol standing aside, just watching.
Maybe someone will post a short message chat soon and the truth will emerge. Laishev lured Alina with a nice, large flag, but she only replied "Thank you very much, but I'd rather stay with ice age." 😇

silveruskate

On the Ice
Well then there are some people from the dreamland here and generally on the internet. I ignored the message that “Sasha couldn’t learn 4Lo because Rozanov was away”, from another dreamland user, because she never said that, and I have translated what she said before. It’s just another example, where Rozanov is given the credit due to wishful thinking. There were many more in this thread before.
I'm sure there are. I am just saying that if this is something bothering you I really think it shouldn't. A few posters on goldenskate and one or two sensationalist articles is a big deal out of nothing I would say. Rozanov is given credit for 4Lo training by that one poster (isn't like Sasha has even landed it yet). It is not like we can control what every single person thinks 1984-style in the end. :wink:

Dudakov was and has always been the one accompanying senior skaters to competitions and is a part of the TT coaching trio. The only reason why he doesn't have as much attention is because of a lower media presence...I'm assuming he likes it this way. It was reported that Rozanov partially left because he wanted higher status and more recognition himself! Doubt this would be the case if everywhere it was said that he is teaching Dudakov. In the scenario you described, maybe we're all wrong and it is actually Sergei Dudakov that left because he isn't getting the attention he deserves!

The one place which I think is unfair and could be hurtful is the Hot Sergei business. I'm thinking that Dudakov has a good thick skin though, and he has a charm about him as well.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Yes, as much as I LOVE Talalaykina, there is no way she could have been third with those URs, and with only a 6 triple program.
We mustn't forget that the judges also were kind of harsh with Khromykh. Her 4S attempt was downgraded to a 3S, which also meant that she had a 3T invalid at the end of the program because of the Zayak rule. She lost a HUGE amount of points because of that.

Edit: Come to think of it. That is bad strategy from the Eteri camp. Maybe they had a plan B but Maiia forgot about it? Fact remains, if she doesn't make the 4S she needs to change the rest of the program to avoid the Zayak rule. Maiia didn't do that. As it turned out she did two 3Lzs, 3S and 3Ts. I hope they learned the lesson.

thats not the way the Zayak rule works,

If she rotated 1/4 above a 3S it'd have been called a 4S<<, and unless she did another 4S attempt she'd be unaffected by doing the 4S attempt in terms of Zayak.
The problem is that they called her first jump as 3S (and not as 4S<<), and to be fair i don't know the exact reason for that call when for me it was an obvious quad attempt. Probably on a replay it looked more as a barely rotated triple, but still :shrug: Because she had another 3S, and two 3Lz and two 3F, her second 3F as the last repeated jump is invalidated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.