2021 Worlds: Pairs' Free Skate | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Pairs' Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Anonymous... please take it down a few notches, okay. You are letting yourself get baited.

Are their terrible fans out there? Yes. Are there vile people on twitter? Yes. Most people here are reasonable and polite. Don't engage with those who are trying to upset you. Use the ignore feature. You can always unignore them later if you wish.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
The UR is already fully deducted from S/H's score. And clearly S/H has bigger throws, but it's not reflected in the scores.
Remember S/H only loss less then 2 points in total finally, which actually should be covered by PCS. However, it's all about Russians.
Actually the 3T was only given q even if it looked clear < in the slow mos

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Chill the heck out.
Oh did you miss all the nasty posts here about M/G?

How they have no PCS

How they have no artistry

How they only one because they're from big bad Russia and everyone knows Russia is full of cheating hacks who can't skate.

It INFURIATES me! And I will not calm down! I'm sick of fans bringing up the above points any time a Russian wins. It's time they were called out for their toxicity.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
It's pure entitled greed from their fans and it's gross to watch.

You exaggerate everything that doesn't go your way, then dismiss the people who actually cheer for T/M because the cheers are not loud enough to completely drown out the other side.

There's multiple paths to victory. 5-4 is a win, 6-3 is a win (the Nagano pain!).... but that's not good enough for you, because those pesky 3 fans who cheer for the "opposition" somehow turned into 300 fans in your mind.

T/M has a Olympic silver medal too!

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
On a completely different note, I was not a fan of CBC's camera angle for the pairs event - there were many great throws from all the teams that I couldn't enjoy properly because the angle made it so that the skaters were basically right on top of one another (so you could baaaaarely see height/distance). Did anyone else have this problem?

litenkyckling

Final Flight
It's not a one-off occurrence as others pointed out above. Personally I didn't like the way Sasha chucked Dmitri's ID lanyard at him when she left KnC. Being open with your emotions isn't inherently wrong (Duhamel did that a lot) but blaming other people is not as constructive as, say, being introspective about what you could have done better.

Yes, Moskvina probably knows. She's a patient person and as long as B/K stick with her I'm sure they'll learn in time. But here and now they have some maturing to do.
I don't think she puts the blame on anyone else? I think she takes it out on herself - hence the mental block she's had on throws this season. If I were her I too would be throwing a lanyard at my partner so I could get off camera as quickly as possible and cry or whatever. Idk I think B/K get a lot of hate and it's not fairly placed. We've all been 19 and furious at ourselves, luckily it wasn't on the global stage.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
S/H's TES was a bit overscored all around. I do think the final difference is kinda fair, and could go either way. The fact is that, in the entire competition, M/G were the ONLY pair to do two clean programs.

That alone deserves praise.
Man I just cannot understand how anyone could say S/H were overscored in TES when we had other teams get huge positive GOEs while putting hands down (T/M today) and barely saving landings (B/K yesterday) on throws. M/G's throws are not as good as S/H's either yet were scored pretty much the same. S/H were not overscored anywhere, IMO.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Oh did you miss all the nasty posts here about M/G?

How they have no PCS

How they have no artistry

How they only one because they're from big bad Russia and everyone knows Russia is full of cheating hacks who can't skate.

It INFURIATES me! And I will not calm down! I'm sick of fans bringing up the above points any time a Russian wins. It's time they were called out for their toxicity.
I think you need to breathe though. You're not getting your points across because you're interpreting everything as being negative without realizing (1) that isn't everyone saying that and (2) often it's not nearly as negative as you perceive it to be.

And then because of that you're just getting upset and criticizing people.

People are allowed to have different opinions. :) I think you let people with differing opinions than yours and a few negative comments crowd out the fact that a lot of people are trying to give their honest viewpoints and many people actually agree with you.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree. M/G did a terrific job. Did I enjoy the artistry of their skate as much as S/H? No I did not. Others might feel differently. I still think M/G were, in all likelihood the correct winners.
This. I did enjoy M/G artistry, much more than S/H. In fact, both S/H programs at this Worlds were surprisingly not as perfect as usual in terms of artistry -- To Me. That's the thing about artistry. It's subjective, and it always will be, and that's one of the things that makes figure skating so glorious.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
All this outrage at M/G winning. They where the only pair to skate two clean programs and have the most difficult content. But lets be real had everyone skated clean the final scores would have been
S/H
T/M
B/K
M/G

M/G took the oppertunity when everyone else fell/URd/step out etc. So s/H, T/M, and B/K only have themselfs to blame and will just have to fix their issues until next time.

ChristineChew

Rinkside
Man I just cannot understand how anyone could say S/H were overscored in TES when we had other teams get huge positive GOEs while putting hands down (T/M today) and barely saving landings (B/K yesterday) on throws. M/G's throws are not as good as S/H's either yet were scored pretty much the same. S/H were not overscored anywhere, IMO.
People here may consider side by side jumps as everything in pair skating.

ChristineChew

Rinkside
All this outrage at M/G winning. They where the only pair to skate two clean programs and have the most difficult content. But lets be real had everyone skated clean the final scores would have been
S/H
T/M
B/K
M/G

M/G took the oppertunity when everyone else fell/URd/step out etc. So s/H, T/M, and B/K only have themselfs to blame and will just have to fix their issues until next time.
S/H didn't do bad today, they delivered their program and they leaded the SP. The final gap is tiny but the PCS is so close between them and a Russian junior pair.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I can say. Especially compared to the current World Champions M/G, who skated two clean programs and if it wasn't for errors of others, wouldn't have won. I think that's kind of simple math.

PCS should have been different. I'd have S/H around 75+, but I don't feel like it would be fair for them to win with errors in three jumping passes on the competition. They are better in may categories of the PCS, and certainly have some better elements, but I don't think they were it this time. You can disagree, and that's fine.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
T/M has a Olympic silver medal too!
Team medals don't count don't you know, at least that's what a lot of people will tell you.

And this isn't about T/M at all. This is about S/H fans throwing a collective tantrum and trying to destroy M/G's amazing win today.

I may suck as a fan, but this is a disgusting display.

Maybe step back and think how M/G would feel if they read this tripe. Would you say this too their faces?

Maybe you would.