FREE Online Event! The Inside Edge: Skating Champions from Japan & the U.S. on June 29 at 8PM EDT/June 30 at 9AM JST | Golden Skate

FREE Online Event! The Inside Edge: Skating Champions from Japan & the U.S. on June 29 at 8PM EDT/June 30 at 9AM JST

LadyMissG

Rinkside
I'm producing this event for Japan Society - please come! It's free with advance registration and you can submit questions during the event to the skaters. Thanks everyone for your support! Satoko Miyahara has just been added to the panel. :love2:
Lisa

JAPAN SOCIETY
Tuesday, June 29, 8 PM EDT
Wednesday, June 30, 9AM JST
| Calculate your local time

Champion figure skaters from Japan and the U.S. speak out about training and competing, the athletic mindset and resiliency in overcoming challenges, superfans and the extreme popularity of the sport in Japan, and life after competitive skating. Participants include two-time Olympian, 2018 Olympic bronze medalist and 2008 U.S. National Champion Mirai Nagasu; 2007 and 2011 World Champion, 2011 Four Continents Champion, 2004 World Junior Champion and three-time Japanese National Champion Miki Ando; and two-time Olympian, 1994 World Champion, 1990 Junior World Champion and two-time Japanese National Champion Yuka Sato. Moderated by two-time Olympic and World medalist and 1993 U.S. National Champion Nancy Kerrigan. Viewers will be able to ask direct questions during this interactive online program.

This program is part of our Passing the Torch series, a celebration of the upcoming Tokyo Summer Games.

Program Details: This is a free event, with advance registration required. Suggested donations are welcome to support our innovative programs. This program will be conducted online via Zoom. Registrants will receive the viewing link by email in advance of the event.

More information and registration link:

Blueshirt

Rinkside
Hello, LadyMissG, thank you very much for this.
My and wife I greatly enjoyed an art exhibit at the Japan Society a few years ago and look forward to returning someday.
Will these events be recorded to watch later? I intend to watch this one live, but I won't be available tomorrow for the Shibutanis, I'm afraid.
I passed this along to my colleagues at a Japanese publication, though I suspect they will be more interested in the baseball discussion.

LadyMissG

Rinkside
Hello, LadyMissG, thank you very much for this.
My and wife I greatly enjoyed an art exhibit at the Japan Society a few years ago and look forward to returning someday.
Will these events be recorded to watch later? I intend to watch this one live, but I won't be available tomorrow for the Shibutanis, I'm afraid.
I passed this along to my colleagues at a Japanese publication, though I suspect they will be more interested in the baseball discussion.
Hi, You're so welcome! Thanks so much for passing this on to your colleagues! We may still be adding more panelists to the baseball discussion. That's great that you were able to visit Japan Society! We are recording all three events and will post them to our YouTube channel later. We may need to edit out some of the video clips we'll be showing due to copyright restrictions that YouTube has but essentially we'll be posting the majority of each program, so subscribe to our channel so you'll get notifications when we post them. https://www.youtube.com/user/JapanSocietyNYC Enjoy the events! Lisa

LadyMissG

Rinkside
I'm producing this event for Japan Society - please come! It's free with advance registration and you can submit questions during the event to the skaters. Thanks everyone for your support! Satoko Miyahara has just been added to the panel. :love2:
Lisa

JAPAN SOCIETY
Tuesday, June 29, 8 PM EDT
Wednesday, June 30, 9AM JST
| Calculate your local time

Champion figure skaters from Japan and the U.S. speak out about training and competing, the athletic mindset and resiliency in overcoming challenges, superfans and the extreme popularity of the sport in Japan, and life after competitive skating. Participants include two-time Olympian, 2018 Olympic bronze medalist and 2008 U.S. National Champion Mirai Nagasu; 2007 and 2011 World Champion, 2011 Four Continents Champion, 2004 World Junior Champion and three-time Japanese National Champion Miki Ando; and two-time Olympian, 1994 World Champion, 1990 Junior World Champion and two-time Japanese National Champion Yuka Sato. Moderated by two-time Olympic and World medalist and 1993 U.S. National Champion Nancy Kerrigan. Viewers will be able to ask direct questions during this interactive online program.

This program is part of our Passing the Torch series, a celebration of the upcoming Tokyo Summer Games.

Program Details: This is a free event, with advance registration required. Suggested donations are welcome to support our innovative programs. This program will be conducted online via Zoom. Registrants will receive the viewing link by email in advance of the event.

More information and registration link:

当プログラムは、通訳付き日英両語でお届けいたします。Simultaneous interpretation in Japanese will be available via the Zoom Japanese channel. Please update your Zoom software so you can take advantage! Hope to see you all there! :)

Blueshirt

Rinkside
Hello, LadyMissG. My wife and I enjoyed the program. Thanks again for letting us know about it.
It was great to hear all of the skaters. I'm looking forward to Satoko's competitions this season, and seeing Yuka and Nancy brought back a lot of memories as a fan. (Well, seeing all of them did).

LadyMissG

Rinkside
Hello, LadyMissG. My wife and I enjoyed the program. Thanks again for letting us know about it.
It was great to hear all of the skaters. I'm looking forward to Satoko's competitions this season, and seeing Yuka and Nancy brought back a lot of memories as a fan. (Well, seeing all of them did).
Hi! I'm so glad you both enjoyed the program. I thought everyone was very candid and I could not seem to get them to end on time, everyone was so excited to continue chatting. We posted the video on YouTube, FYI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnUv8DMv9_I&t=600s
Thank you again for tuning in!
Best,
Lisa