2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 68 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

sparklestan

On the Ice
I understand why Sofia Akatieva and Adeliya Petrosian are not on the list as they are obviously not intended to meet Sofia Samodelkina. Each of those three will surely get her own two spots without meeting each other to maximize their chances for the JGPF (and possibly full russian JGPF).

On the other hand, a thing, that is rather confusing for me, is that I do not see Daria Sadkova on the list of subs. That can mean she also gets a chance at least at one event to be without the presence of any skater of the strongest trio, but it can also mean they do not count with her, which would be weird as she's the member of the national team.
Maybe with Daria they figured they would send her alongside Sofia A or Adelia to limit the number of coaches traveling? Hopefully she’ll be at least on the sub list for the events that her training mates will be attending.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maybe with Daria they figured they would send her alongside Sofia A or Adelia to limit the number of coaches traveling? Hopefully she’ll be at least on the sub list for the events that her training mates will be attending.
That's also possible. First entry together with Sofia or Daria and the second one if she will deliver well.

Last edited:

Lzbee

Final Flight
Actually, the caption says they're 4T-4T but the rotation is so fast I really can't tell...

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Zakharova! Yes! I was hoping she would get a spot. She earned that spot with her 4th place at Russian Cup. I can wait to see her compete. I’m hoping she can come in 2nd place. It is going to be super competitive getting a 2nd spot in the Junior Circuit for the Russian girls.
We also know that Eteri's skaters just got their programs. Maybe they planned for later spots for them?

Amei

Record Breaker
Never heard any female skater landed a Q-Q combo like 4T-4T. What's the source?

It was off-ice jumping drills, the video was floating around Instagram. I don't remember Frolova ever doing even a single quad on the ice, so somehow I doubt she starts landing a combination quad-quad on ice anytime soon.

katymay

Medalist
Maybe it was just that she was unmanageable? She seemed to be front and center of her own drama and its consequences.
I don't think it was that exactly, I think she just burned out. From her own words, she wanted to quit, but felt bad because her parents had sunk so much into her skating. The Eteri group was just too intense for her I think.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Alright, while no one probably cares, I’ll be away with no internet access for the next 3 and half weeks.

I taught my dad how to use sports.ru so he can write me the news!

Also, if there is any major chaos, controversy or drama, someone please PM me so again, my dad (or someone) can write to me!

Thanks and see you guys soon!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
This account (https://instagram.com/fskatingspb)
claims that tickets for Russian Nationals will go on sale on 26.07 at 10:00.
However, it is not an official SPb federation account, this is the official one - https://www.instagram.com/fskating.spb/
I could not find the source message. Do they say who will sell tickets? Usual suspects are parter.ru and kassir.ru. But I have not found anything about it yet.

I found the source. They say that kassir.ru will sell tickets. There is no information on kassir.ru Well, I will go there on July 26 at 10 a.m. May be it's not a hoax and I manage to buy tickets.

Last edited:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
4T from Anastasia Zinina. The video is signed 'On the preparation to test skates', so Nastya will apparently be there.

Nice!

Didn't Anastasia attempt the 4T in competition a few times last season? Were any of her past attempts < or clean? Or were they all falls or downgraded?

And have we seen any other past practice footage of her landing quads?