2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Do we have a list of participants? I'm assuming the National team Akatieva, Samodelkina, Berestovskaya, Zakharova, et al, but would Zhilina be invited? Sadkova?
I think they’ll try to invite everyone. Zhilina for sure, since she already got assigned a JGP. I would assume Sadkova too, just to see what shape she’s in. I believe getting invited to test skates doesn’t mean you’ll 100% get an assignment, while not being at test skates might still result in getting a jgp.

Amei

Record Breaker
Came across this, Anna Shcherbakova did an interview with a magazine - the full interview is here:

Some of the interesting parts where she talks about competing and nutrition (I pulled out the nutrition because so many people love to troll about Eteri's methods and Shcherbakova's size)
There is huge competition in Russian figure skating, especially in women's singles. To show results, you need to be psychologically stable, do everything so that emotions do not affect your skates. Such confidence came to me last season. Despite the struggle at the rink, the skaters support each other outside the rink. Each one understands the price of victories.
At competitions we are our own make-up artists, we come up with images on our own. Through trial and error, I learned how to do the makeup that I like. Most often it is standard, but I can add a couple of color accents depending on the program. I also do my hairstyles. For girls, collecting for competitions is more difficult than for boys. It is necessary to allocate time to prepare the image, in my case - two hours. I got used to getting ready calmly, not in a hurry.
I don't go on diets, I just try to eat healthy and balanced. It is important for me to maintain a certain weight in order to be in shape, to perform jumps. In training, I spend a lot of calories, my appetite wakes up. Some athletes refuse to eat before a performance, but I, on the contrary, feel better when I have lunch.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
As junior test skates are in few days, does anyone know if they will be streamed on youtube? im starting to get worried that there will be no stream this year:frown:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Junior test skates schedule:

Ice Dance:
3 august. RD: 16:00
4 august. FD: 14:00

Singles:
4 august. Junior men. SP: 16:00
5 august. Junior men. FS: 14:00
5 august. Junior ladies. SP: 16:00
6 august. Junior ladies. FS: 14:00

Pairs:
10 august. SP: 15:00
11 august. FS: 15:00

Junior ladies groups:

Last edited:

Novalis

Record Breaker
BTW with this schedule I might not be able to watch the ladies live anyway, even if it would be streamed :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Of course if there will be a footage I'll watch it, but the SP only in the evening and the FS the next day (most probably I'll be off from friday afternoon till saturday afternoon).