2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Right, so now we've abandoned Kamila Valieva in favor of Tanith comparing SP scores throughout the season.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm not a crazy Gracie fan but she was underscored by about 10 points!
10 points? LOL she did not deserve 77-78 points.

I think she was a bit hosed on PCS (31 is fine for that skate internationally but Nationals should have been around 33, with the veteran bonus), but not egregiously underscored. Sub-70 is correct, especially with that loop underrotated/q at best.

I also disagree with people being like "But she's Gracie Gold!" C'mon. Skaters should be judged based on their performance on the day, not their performances back in the day. It's not fair to disadvantage skaters who haven't even had 8 years as elite skaters to be put below someone who was an Olympian 8 years ago and hasn't maintained it.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Gracie could be 3rd after this SP competition I believe it, only Alysa Liu could skate better in the last group.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Who is this singer that everyone is complaining about? They're not being shown on my stream!

elliana

On the Ice
Also why do they resurface when there's only 6 skaters left? Does anyone think Amber would've skated better if she was first to go on the fresh ice?