2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSlay Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Also why do they resurface when there's only 6 skaters left? Does anyone think Amber would've skated better if she was first to go on the fresh ice?
Typically ice is resurfaced after every two groups, and probably not. Unless the ice is really bad, fresh ice doesn't make much of a difference. I don't see any puddles or major divots, and Amber's issues were with timing and other physical issues, not ice breaking on pick-in or hitting a divot.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
You are underestimating Karen. Why does everyone underestimate the best non-Russian skater from last year Worlds.
Because Karen is only reliable for world championship with her multiple 4th place, other than that this girl doesn't deliver in her other competition.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Also why do they resurface when there's only 6 skaters left? Does anyone think Amber would've skated better if she was first to go on the fresh ice?
I mean there are 3 groups, so you can either do it after one group or after 2.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Who is this singer that everyone is complaining about? They're not being shown on my stream!
Can i have your version of the stream? To say she was whiney was an offence to the rest of country music combined. Terrible.

Janice4th

On the Ice
10 points? LOL she did not deserve 77-78 points.

I think she was a bit hosed on PCS (31 is fine for that skate internationally but Nationals should have been around 33, with the veteran bonus), but not egregiously underscored. Sub-70 is correct, especially with that loop underrotated/q at best.

I also disagree with people being like "But she's Gracie Gold!" C'mon. Skaters should be judged based on their performance on the day, not their performances back in the day. It's not fair to disadvantage skaters who haven't even had 8 years as elite skaters to be put below someone who was an Olympian 8 years ago and hasn't maintained it.
I was happy for her. She looks good. Not sure that her interpretation lived up to the music, though.

catjohnsn2

Spectator
OK....this singer (and I use the term loosely) is the worst! I can't understand a single lyric she sang or a single word she said when she was speaking. Sorry Nashville....either the sound engineer is bad or she just doesn't understand that lyrics have to be very clear or we will never know why you're writhing and strumming. The same should be said for skater's music with lyrics....I couldn't understand a single word of the music in Amber's program and I didn't understand a word last year when she did this program. I am not deaf or hearing impaired. It's not that I don't "get" the style. I can't understand the words unless you enunciate. All forms of art require an emotional response to be appreciated. Please learn to sing first, then you can write some cute and pretty songs and slur your way through them, calling it music. I signed up for skating not prelims of America's Got Talent.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
lol they put the old Mariah bell music in this practice, don't know what Mariah bell think now about this music :rofl: