2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Gracie doesn’t have the minimums, it’s a non issue and likely helps take a lot of pressure off her that the others have.

It get that people don’t want her to go, and I also realize it’s likely moot anyway. But there are competitions where she could still get the minimums if she really wanted them.

rain

Record Breaker
Johnny was making me sick talking about the Russians’ great artistry/performance. Oh really? Who needs artistry when you have quads?
Not sure what he's been watching these last years.

Bring on the FS. Could this be the year Mariah gets her Nats title?
I have my fingers and toes crossed. She's one of my favourites. She always brings a performance.

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
NBC and USFSA have had all of their eggs in the Alyssa Liu basket for years. (remember all the talk of a future Olympic medalist back in 2019 or 2020?) She is a good skater but I don't think it is good to put all of that pressure on very young children.
I think it's somewhat understandable. After Cohen and Kwan there was no skater for a long time to compete for medals at international competitions and Liu is still the best bet for them to become that skater..

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would've had Lindsay 3rd, Isabeau 4th, and Alysa 5th but oh well, it's very close between them so anything can happen tomorrow.

Still heartbroken for Amber though. I hope she can go out there and skate for herself tomorrow, she's got nothing to lose now as sad as it is.
Very close to the way I'd have had it. I'd have placed Lindsay 4th and Alysa 5th.

auser

Record Breaker

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Maybe I should've kept Mariah in first in my predictions after all :biggrin: See you tomorrow when I'll try to keep up with Nashville and Ottawa semi-simultaneously :dbana:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mariah's short is so elemental to me -- straight shot to my soul. A river goddess, telling mere mortals what it would be to have the knowledge of water, earth, sky. She made an incredible decision to switch to that program.

Ziotic

Medalist
It get that people don’t want her to go, and I also realize it’s likely moot anyway. But there are competitions where she could still get the minimums if she really wanted them.
There actually aren’t she’s missed the cutoff for 4CC and Oly. She could get them for worlds!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah's short is so elemental to me -- straight shot to my soul. A river goddess, telling mere mortals what it would be to have the knowledge of water, earth, sky. She made an incredible decision to switch to that program.

TBF, she was told to switch because her previous SP was a disaster. Mariah was not convincing as a nightclubber ETA: and it did not play to her strengths.

I'm glad she, or her team, listened to reason.(y)