2022 World Championships: Free Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 World Championships: Free Dance

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They are both former ice dancers, so...
So? Does not mean they are objective. Polish ones are good, they explained mistake sin Smart/Diaz program very well, not just pointed it out, so I doubt it's lack of good eye. Sometimes people see what they want to see.

discodisco

On the Ice
I really like Piper and Paul, and I like Paul's glitter seam (so sue me),

But the music kills it for me:(, I can't feel it. But for their sake, I hope it's the score they want.
Carol Lane should be fired for their music choices this year. RD was silly and screamed 'mediocre', and FD music was totally wrong. No real shifts in dynamics, speed, intensity, etc. The best part is when the drums come in, but it's still not enough. Basically, the program was forgettable. Pity that this wasn't as good as Vincent (one of my favourite dances of all time) or even Both Sides Now. This aimed for the same aesthetic and effect... but it was elevatoresque in its forgetability, unfortunately. They really should have gone back to the drawing board on this one. Feedback from almost all circles was negative from the beginning - other than people who say "I just love anything Piper and Paul do". Well... that's the first sign of danger. If you only like it b/c it's the skater, then the program itself isn't good enough...

discodisco

On the Ice
British commentators said Paul was too nervous and shaky
I agree. Right on the first spin something was wrong. There was a huge pause at the change of direction part, almost as if they were ahead of the music or missed a rotation, and were waiting for a musical cue... anyway, from then on, they didn't 'sell' the program at all.