2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 3 - Krasnoyarsk | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 3 - Krasnoyarsk

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If any sort of justice exists, Hromyh should not be making the Final. She was 7'th at best here.

It is very difficult to sympathize with pubertadze's (or tamdavaize's, or whatever her name is) skaters. Maia's scores are a farce.
I have a soft spot for Maiia and i hope she will do better at next stage. Yeah her score was inflated (and others' deflated) but like so many other scores during this GP and others. I'm glad she got a chance to qualify for nats.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Protocols of the top skaters
Agaeva: 3F!
Khromykh: 3Lzq, 2F!
Vazhnova: 3Lz+1Eu+3S<, 2A+3T<<, 3Lzq+2Lo
Anisimova: 3Lze

Pretty much reasonable. I like the tech panel of this event.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Such a close result. Maria, on the podium again. These skaters are so close to one another. At least they have each other to compete with, which will make Nationals interesting. I’m a bit sad for Elizaveta Kulikova. But, 3rd and 4th in Russia kind of puts her in the running to make it to the reserve list. Her and Maria should aim for those slots, if not more.

Veronika 👏!! You are a star!! You are in the reserve list and this year, you can even make the National team!! Keep it up girl 👍

Anna!! Wow!! A 2nd and a 1st place at her two events. She will head into Nationals and Russian Cup as a top 6 favourite. She has shown resilience to keep on skating. Love her 😍

Skating91

Medalist
If any sort of justice exists, Hromyh should not be making the Final. She was 7'th at best here.

It is very difficult to sympathize with pubertadze's (or tamdavaize's, or whatever her name is) skaters. Maia's scores are a farce.
Maya's base value was only a few points behind the winner, landed those two big combos at the start. GOE seems reasonable. It fell apart in the second half but it was only a single lutz not one in combination she fell on, then popped a triple flip that become a double. Maybe the PCS could be 66 instead of nearly 69.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Maya's base value was only a few points behind the winner, landed those two big combos at the start. GOE seems reasonable. It fell apart in the second half but it was only a single lutz not one in combination she fell on, then popped a triple flip that become a double. Maybe the PCS could be 66 instead of nearly 69.
Just realize they gave her the second highest PCS of the event. Not ok.

Mathematician

Medalist
From the final. She will be a first or second sub I think.
So then, she isnt a lock for nats? Or is it highly likely that someone withdraws, is that typical?

Its a big shame that she is so close, and with the shocking scoring today.

Skating91

Medalist
Really? That good, you think? I guess our final is going to be gobsmacking then.

@Skating91 Are you becoming more convinced of our scene, yet? With such performances at just a grand prix stage?
What are you talking about? Any of the top 4 would have been good enough for 2nd at a major international event this weekend.

If the winner got dinged for her underrotations in the short and lutz that is a flip then Frolova could have had a chance at victory.

Mathematician

Medalist
What are you talking about? Any of the top 4 would have been good enough for 2nd at a major international event this weekend.

If the winner got dinged for her underrotations in the short and lutz that is a flip then Frolova could have had a chance at victory.
You were complaining a bit ago that our talent is dead, because Akateva and others are injured. But we clearly have so many other stars.

For Nats she is. For the final (Spartakiad) she isn't.
Ohh, I understand now. Thank you.