2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
and that's why Max deserves credit for even considering going through these hurdles... then another opportunity came up... he tested it... this is what people do in their careers too.... you got a job... you get another offer... you see what it's like, then you make a decision... you don't leave the previous job, without securing the new job.

This is not the same when you have a relationship of course.. and i think a bunch of fans mix these two up. But i am done here.. focusing on gorgeous CHA's skating now
I have so many things I could argue with in this post but I will not, because 1)I am tired after watching my darling and 2)I do not want to argue with a friend. So let's compromise, I will not show my grudge in the competition threads anymore and you will not chastise me for holding it. Deal?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have so many things I could argue with in this post but I will not, because 1)I am tired after watching my darling and 2)I do not want to argue with a friend. So let's compromise, I will not show my grudge in the competition threads anymore and you will not chastise me for holding it. Deal?
i think it's fair compromise ;)

I am happy with Cha's skate tonight and i hope you are too !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shame, they were so promising! I wonder if they still live in Canada or went back to North Korea.

But hey this is finishing at a decent hour for us Aussies! Worlds is probably going to be a very different story 😅
I think they were just briefly in Canada for training camps but were living in N Korea...

Worlds will be perfect timing for me... i will even be at the rink :) finally... you guys will have to endure MY TIME

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
i think it's fair compromise ;)

I am happy with Cha's skate tonight and i hope you are too !
I just wanted his ankle to be all right, so yes I was content with how the skate went. I am a bit worried that he could've overexerted that ankle but maybe luck will be on our side and his ankle will heal before Worlds. Worlds I actually will care how the skate goes and the placements because I would love to keep having three tickets

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's interesting, Jun's always looked rather small, but he looks quite tall compared to Yuma and Shun.

Maybe I've only ever seen him on podiums with tall guys before :laugh2:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think they were just briefly in Canada for training camps but were living in N Korea...

Worlds will be perfect timing for me... i will even be at the rink :) finally... you guys will have to endure MY TIME
Aww you guys get Skate Canada every year though!

Here Down Under we get a Junior GP sometimes and that's it :(

But I guess Worlds in Canada is easier to watch timewise than when it's in Europe - man, I once had to get up at 4am to watch the pairs skate.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's interesting, Jun's always looked rather small, but he looks quite tall compared to Yuma and Shun.

My darling is 180cm, so he is actually quite tall. I don't know where you've seen him podium before but he was always on the tall side

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just wanted his ankle to be all right, so yes I was content with how the skate went. I am a bit worried that he could've overexerted that ankle but maybe luck will be on our side and his ankle will heal before Worlds. Worlds I actually will care how the skate goes and the placements because I would love to keep having three tickets
I just want to see him skate live and skate well. The last time I saw him, it was in 2018... so I am due. I like his skating so much better now though I already liked him back then.

I think Korea needs the spots considering the talent in juniors. I don't know if 3 is that easy but 2 should be a cup of tea.

Cha does have a bit of time now to rest the ankle. I think the layout may have to stay the same and I am fine with this.

readernick

Medalist
Shun looks disgusted by those flowers. What did they do to him? I think Yuma is like 162 cm and Shun around 163. They are tiny but not as tiny as Shoma at 158 and Jun's been on the podium with Shoma before....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Aww you guys get Skate Canada every year though!
yeah but when it's like 6 hours flight away... i don't go..
Here Down Under we get a Junior GP sometimes and that's it :(

But I guess Worlds in Canada is easier to watch timewise than when it's in Europe - man, I once had to get up at 4am to watch the pairs skate.
worlds in montreal.. first time in like 90 years or so...

we deserve it.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Shun looks disgusted by those flowers. What did they do to him? I think Yuma is like 162 cm and Shun around 163. They are tiny but not as tiny as Shoma at 158 and Jun's been on the podium with Shoma before....
Tiny Shoma (who's actually my height) will always be my favourite thing!

Hmm, now I'm second guessing myself about Jun...maybe I saw him on a podium in his younger years, or he was standing on the ice and the others were still on the podium steps :laugh2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the podium i saw back then
Shoma, Keegan, Jun
:)

I think some may remember him "shorter" because he was already noticed when he was a very young skater.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I just want to see him skate live and skate well. The last time I saw him, it was in 2018... so I am due. I like his skating so much better now though I already liked him back then.

I think Korea needs the spots considering the talent in juniors. I don't know if 3 is that easy but 2 should be a cup of tea.

Cha does have a bit of time now to rest the ankle. I think the layout may have to stay the same and I am fine with this.
He has NWSF (domestic competition) planned in three weeks, fans are speculating that he will decide the layout after testing his condition there. I personally want him to keep using the 1-quad short and 2-quad free but he will decide what's best for him (sigh)

Moon322

Rinkside
Will Yuma finally get the recognition he deserves? So far he has mostly still be seen as a "talent", when really he outshines almost everyone else in figure skating.

He doesn't have a lot of character and personality, does he? I mean, he skates very nicely but he is not a very exciting skater to watch.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He has NWSF (domestic competition) planned next-next week, fans are speculating that he will decide the layout after testing his condition there. I personally want him to keep using the 1-quad short and 2-quad free but he will decide what's best for him (sigh)
are you kidding me ? they are making him do another event ?

I really like the 3lz-3lo combo in the SP. So I prefer the 1 quad short.
For the LP, I prefer the 2 quads layout but if he is daring, I could understand... if he feels he is healthy enough to do it. With so many guys doing 3-4 quads, it's getting necessary. I mean, even my chiddy back then felt like 2 quads was no longer enough.. in 2016... so imagine now .

But to me, as I love his skating, I just care about health and not results.

Holy Headband

On the Ice

He's 178 cm tall! (Or 180, I guess?) Lee Sihyeong and Nikolaj Memola are the only international competitors I can think of who are taller than him... Even if there are a few more, he's still one of the tallest in the field.