Johnny Weir's teleconference | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's teleconference

futureidol

On the Ice
Johnny Weir's teleconference is now up on IN. :yes:

Wow he wants that 4th US title so bad!!! I've never heard him so hungry and confident.

Also Rachael Flatt, Jeremy Abbott, Davis & White, Alissa Czisny, and more to come.

link

taylorfax

On the Ice
Just do it! Tell Evan (and Jeremy), "See you on ice!" That's all he needs to say.:laugh:
For those unfamiliar with the concept, journalists will ask the athletes questions and the athletes will answer. You are not required to read or listen. But that's how these things usually work.

psycho

On the Ice
For those unfamiliar with the concept, journalists will ask the athletes questions and the athletes will answer. You are not required to read or listen. But that's how these things usually work.

Yeah, if during the scheduled press conference Weir suddenly announced that he decided to "just do it", and answered every question with a prolonged silence and occasional coughing, that would go over so well!:rofl:

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Always fun to listen to his teleconference.! :love:

:laugh: Exactly ! Thank you !

Seems like someone has unstoppable curiosity to hear from him even though they are saying “ I don’t want to hear from Johnny .“
I feel if they dont want to hear from Weir, then,they should
"just don"t do it " ! :biggrin:

futureidol

On the Ice
I never see anyone else bitching when another skater does an interview. Only Johnny. He always gets to fuzzy end of the lollipop (guess what my favorite movie is) no matter what. There are a handful of other skaters that did teleconferences, but I don't see anyone up-in-arms about them.

pippa

Rinkside
All of the top contenders for US Nationals are required to do these teleconferences, which are set up by USFS. They all answer whatever questions they are asked by journalists, as they are required to do by their federation.

Only Johnny gets treated like he is doing something wrong by taking part in the same required teleconference that all the other US skaters take part in. If he did as jennylovskt says he should and refused to say anything because he just wants to "do it", she and the other Johnny bashers would call him rude and arrogant for not answering the journalists' questions.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Thanx for the link, I m listening now, he sounds fine to me:)
And I finally heard Hersh 's voice:laugh: Off the radar? Didnt like his question, one more of the same old:sheesh:

He will wear fur?:party2:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is anyone else having trouble hearing the teleconference? I clicked on the links on icenetwork but the video screen won't load and I hear nothing.

jennylovskt

Medalist

:laugh: Exactly ! Thank you !

Seems like someone has unstoppable curiosity to hear from him even though they are saying “ I don’t want to hear from Johnny .“
I feel if they dont want to hear from Weir, then,they should
"just don"t do it " ! :biggrin:

Looks like that there is something that I need to clear up. Thanks for pointing it out that it was a required teleconference for all skaters. I didn't know that. I am hopelessly lack of that "unstoppable curiosity" on him. I haven't heard his teleconference yet, and I don't have much desire to hear it.

If he could beat Evan, that'll be great! I will cheer for him and wish him good luck!

To the rest of the posts regarding me, I really don't care!:cool: