Tatsuki Machida | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
He said that and other things like "I never speak to Daisuke Takahashi unless he speaks to me first" :laugh: That is the real Tatsuki, who always had a low opinion of himself, who never thought he was good enough to win over others. Unfortunately after years and years of skating with that mindset, those kind of thoughts are still bothering him ("I let bad thoughts control me", he was quoted as saying at TEB) and that is why we still don't know what's going to happen at the GPF.

And to think that I have read posts describing him as arrogant, full of himself, etc.! If those posters only knew!

ioanna

Record Breaker
And to think that I have read posts describing him as arrogant, full of himself, etc.! If those posters only knew!

Yes, I've also seen enough posts describing him that way. I guess his "I will crush Yuzuru" comment got a little out of hand as he only intended it to be a joke (as far as I remember both Tatsuki and Yuzuru were laughing about it in that post-Worlds interview) but the media picked up on it and turned it against him. In fact Tatsuki was so bothered because of it that at the beginning of this season he insisted to mention the fact that he did not intend to make it sound the way it did and even apologized.

He was also quoted as saying "last season I pretended to be a tough competitor when in fact I am not". By saying such things about himself it's clear he is nowhere near the arrogant person some people perceive him to be. But what intrigued me the most were the words he added right after that quote: "I feel like I can give a much better performance when I'm creating a concept in my programs, skating for something in particular, or skating for someone." As we already know, his SP this year is based on love. If we think about the details he revealed in the interview with J.C. Berlot, we can only conclude the fact that this season he is skating for someone. ;)

ioanna

Record Breaker
I found this video again recently. It's the Team Japan finale number of Medalist On Ice 2007 and they are all skating on Symphony no 9 in the second half of the video. I realized it's the same cut Tatsuki used for his ChSq this season. :)
http://youtu.be/3vBsFthh0kQ

ioanna

Record Breaker
I found this fanvideo earlier today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuMHkFqAHz0

It's made by a Japanese fan and she named it "cute Macchi" :laugh: It's an interesting contrast to the stoic, solemn Tatsuki we see most of the time and shows the fact that he can be a fun(ny) person if he wants to. I certainly had fun with some of the moments featured here. :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow great video, nice to see different side of him, i wish he would show this side more often :yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

It's made by a Japanese fan and she named it "cute Macchi" :laugh: It's an interesting contrast to the stoic, solemn Tatsuki we see most of the time and shows the fact that he can be a fun(ny) person if he wants to. I certainly had fun with some of the moments featured here. :)

Thanks for sharing ionap. :) As both a Tatsuki and TJ fan, had a great time watching the video showing moments that I had previously seen only in still photos. In fact, I also checked out the uploader's other videos, and they were great too.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
He was also quoted as saying "last season I pretended to be a tough competitor when in fact I am not". By saying such things about himself it's clear he is nowhere near the arrogant person some people perceive him to be. But what intrigued me the most were the words he added right after that quote: "I feel like I can give a much better performance when I'm creating a concept in my programs, skating for something in particular, or skating for someone." As we already know, his SP this year is based on love. If we think about the details he revealed in the interview with J.C. Berlot, we can only conclude the fact that this season he is skating for someone. ;)

Tatsuki in love!?! Now I can't stop wondering with whom. Ionap, see what you have done!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Tatsuki in love!?! Now I can't stop wondering with whom. Ionap, see what you have done!

Just putting the pieces of the puzzle together :biggrin: A lot of people noticed the (sad) love he is portraying in the program looks very authentic and after Skate America he actually admitted he is sharing his personal experience with the viewers. Tatsuki is definitely a very talented performer and I think he's capable of bringing various concepts to life. But there is something about Fantasy For Violin & Orchestra that seems much more than that. It is most likely the first time he is portraying genuine, real feelings and I definitely felt that even before he confirmed my suspicions. ;)

iceberg

On the Ice
I found this video again recently. It's the Team Japan finale number of Medalist On Ice 2007 and they are all skating on Symphony no 9 in the second half of the video. I realized it's the same cut Tatsuki used for his ChSq this season. :)
http://youtu.be/3vBsFthh0kQ

OMG thank you so much for sharing ioanap! i love classical music and i have to say i have to put Symphony no.9 on top.. i just love it so much and its so nice to see Mao skating to it. Thanks to Tatsuki for giving life to this music on ice.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Just putting the pieces of the puzzle together :biggrin: A lot of people noticed the (sad) love he is portraying in the program looks very authentic and after Skate America he actually admitted he is sharing his personal experience with the viewers. Tatsuki is definitely a very talented performer and I think he's capable of bringing various concepts to life. But there is something about Fantasy For Violin & Orchestra that seems much more than that. It is most likely the first time he is portraying genuine, real feelings and I definitely felt that even before he confirmed my suspicions. ;)

So skating (art) follows life in Tatsuki's case. I hope though that, unlike that in "Ladies in Lavender," Tatsuki's love story will somehow, someday have a happy ending and he can have his personal "Ode to Joy."

ioanna

Record Breaker
OMG thank you so much for sharing ioanap! i love classical music and i have to say i have to put Symphony no.9 on top.. i just love it so much and its so nice to see Mao skating to it. Thanks to Tatsuki for giving life to this music on ice.

You're welcome :) This finale is by far my favorite TJ group number. Ironically, Tatsuki was not there to skate with them but he's skating his own Symphony now.

iceberg

On the Ice

omg this is so cute!! and his okay hand sign to Yuzuru , so sweet and cute!!!!!!!!!! :love:

ioanna

Record Breaker
So skating (art) follows life in Tatsuki's case.
I would say so. Just like he is Phillip Mills' muse, it seems like he has a muse of his own and his bringing this program to life reminds me of an artist (maybe a poet, maybe a painter) dedicating his work to a loved one.

The concept of the program suggests his experience with love was/is not a happy one so like you, I can only hope he can reach a happy ending one day.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I would say so. Just like he is Phillip Mills' muse, it seems like he has a muse of his own and his bringing this program to life reminds me of an artist (maybe a poet, maybe a painter) dedicating his work to a loved one.

The concept of the program suggests his experience with love was/is not a happy one so like you, I can only hope he can reach a happy ending one day.

And I wonder too if the beloved feels adverted to. ;)

ioanna

Record Breaker
And I wonder too if the beloved feels adverted to. ;)

The words he used in the interview with J.C. Berlot made me think he has not shared his feelings with the loved one. He said he holds his love story "in his heart" so I would guess his muse wouldn't have any way to know. While it's a saddening life situation, on the other hand it makes this program what it is, and he is able to portray this concept in such an authentic way. Some of the most beautiful pieces of art are based on this kind of feelings and there's no doubt by the end of the season this program will become at least as memorable as East Of Eden.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
The words he used in the interview with J.C. Berlot made me think he has not shared his feelings with the loved one. He said he holds his love story "in his heart" so I would guess his muse wouldn't have any way to know. While it's a saddening life situation, on the other hand it makes this program what it is, and he is able to portray this concept in such an authentic way. Some of the most beautiful pieces of art are based on this kind of feelings and there's no doubt by the end of the season this program will become at least as memorable as East Of Eden.

Sad indeed and well-said, ionap.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I posted a bunch of photos of Tatsuki from Trophee Eric Bompard --> HERE

He is a great subject to photograph - so many "dramatic" poses! :-D

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I posted a bunch of photos of Tatsuki from Trophee Eric Bompard --> HERE

He is a great subject to photograph - so many "dramatic" poses! :-D

Indeed. Thank you for the information. Those photos are pleasant to watch!