2014 Japan Open | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014 Japan Open

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

unico

Final Flight
Did somebody catch Wagner's program?? I missed it, but maybe the twitter report was wrong?

I didn't know that both Murakami's programs are set to POTO :eek:

@sunny_stars OMG it's totally half dress half tuxedo. With the mask placed at her lower back AND her chest. O.K.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Trewyn

Medalist
Lots of two-footed jumps in Ashley's skate. 2A-3T was very under rotated and I think the fall on the salchow was also caused by the free leg touching the ice. The program appears to be a good vehicle for her but she doesn't look like she's completely competition shape yet. I thought she fixed a lot her two-foot issues the past couple years, so I really hope this was just due to not being in shape yet. The judges definitely weren't cutting her any slack. And she will need that triple-triple to stay relevant.
ETA: She looked really upset. I really feel bad for her. I do feel she was lowballed; wonder what the protocols say. Not *all* of those triples were underrotated. The judges looks so ready to drop her it really, really scares me as a fan.

Ruffles78

On the Ice
Woah, Mirai's program was awesome. I'm not even gonna worry about the score this early, I guess she was short on some stuff. I thought most of the jumps looked pretty good. The program was attacked, and she skated with real gusto. That's very pleasing to see. :)

I dunno about Ashley's program. I like Moulin Rouge, but some of the music cuts are a little screechy. I agree with her being behind Mirai, but I think the scores for both of them were pretty low...especially Mirai's.

I don't think I've ever seen Patrick Chan so intense. I thought he was gonna land into the barrier on that quad triple. I wish he was back this season! It's wonderful that he'll have a whole year to develop that program, though.

Javier's program is enjoyable and has comedic overtones without being goofy. This fits him better than last years long.

Barb

Record Breaker
I love Ashley´s program and her dress is a dream :love:
Satoko and Elena are totally ready, and Satoko got better her presentation :clap:
I love Mirai´s program but she was a little cold today
Patrick was fabulous
Ana P. :eek:hwell:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Love the performance of Radionova!! She is a unique star on the ice and will be sweeping the gold medals this quad unless an injury happens to her. Unique performer in the current ladies field!!

I actually really liked Anna's program. I think she has made development on the presentation side this year. What she lacks is more contact with crowd, a little flirting.

Both Russian ladies are very beautiful queens. Nice to see them in good form :)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Listen, Moulin Rouge is ALL about the melodrama and tackiness. That's the charm. To nail it, she needs to get that across. Face pulling, ESPECIALLY at that part where she stops during the footwork (I would die if she give me an "O" face.) Also during "One Day (I'll Fly Away)" it's just crying out for her to hold out a spread eagle or a spiral. Pulling a Scotvold and holding an edge while looking sexy TOTALLY fits in that section too. Also, that ending is just needs a death.

I'd like a softer opening, honestly, because it would contrast and BUILD with the second half of the program.

In short, BRING THE DRAMA DIVA WAGNER. We know you have it, and this is a vehicle for you to do it!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Javi did 4T, 3S-3T, 3A(hand down), 4S(fall),3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lo, 3Lz-2T, 3S. He popped the 4S in 4S-3T into 3S, then repeated 3S three times(3S-3T, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3S), and then last 3S was not counted.
Javi... I don't get it why his team use the SAME layout that costed him the Olympic bronze???:bang:

PChiddy killed it! But the costume has nothing to do with the music IMO. But it's alright, as long as he skates like that. :love:

Barb

Record Breaker
Javi did 4T, 3S-3T, 3A(hand down), 4S(fall),3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lo, 3Lz-2T, 3S. He popped the 4S in 4S-3T into 3S, then repeated 3S three times(3S-3T, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3S), and then last 3S was not counted.
Javi... I don't get it why his team use the SAME layout that costed him the Olympic bronze???:bang:

PChiddy killed it! But the costume has nothing to do with the music IMO. But it's alright, as long as he skates like that. :love:

but it highlight his butt very well, I dont have problem with his costume :eek::