Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1082 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

micks

Rinkside
I like the pantomime, I think Averbukh’s programs were beautiful and worked very well for her. I prefer those programs over Libertango, actually. I don’t get why people hate the pantomime so much. And I think the 9/11 program worked, the voices weren’t a problem for me. But I guess it’s all a matter of opinion.
I think Zhenya and her fans pay too much attention to h*ters and their words. This is the problem.

Watch

Final Flight
Aver gave some sort of a Q&A today (not sure on the details) and all but confirmed that he's choreographing a competitive program for Zhenya this season and that we'll know more soon. Nothing new really, but just another bit of cofirmation from him.

Placebo11

On the Ice
I like the pantomime, I think Averbukh’s programs were beautiful and worked very well for her. I prefer those programs over Libertango, actually. I don’t get why people hate the pantomime so much. And I think the 9/11 program worked, the voices weren’t a problem for me. But I guess it’s all a matter of opinion.

I agree.

Wheelz

On the Ice
Looking at Erid Radford’s Instagram stories, it seems like Zhenya is having fun with her Canadian cast mates. So happy for her.

asingingwife

Rinkside
Me too. It was unique to her! I think as we saw how Experience evolved it may still be a part of her programs just in a slightly more subtle way. Looking forward to the new programs!

And Zhenya, it would be so cool to see Orange colored Sky during Stars on Ice. [emoji41]

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I never understood people hating on the pantomime. It was unique to her and she was really, really good at it. As Eteri once said, she's an actress. Her ability to emote in that way made her stand out. Maybe people could say it was redundant since it appeared in every program? Now since we've seen her do programs without it, I wouldn't mind it coming back.

Also, while we're talking about her programs with Aver. I must say, while it was completely tasteless and I acknowledge that, the 9/11 program is my favorite she's ever done. I feel like I should be ashamed to admit that, but it was just really well choreographed and she put a lot of emotion into it. It's unfortunate that some of the audio was completely tasteless.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never understood people hating on the pantomime. It was unique to her and she was really, really good at it. As Eteri once said, she's an actress. Her ability to emote in that way made her stand out. Maybe people could say it was redundant since it appeared in every program? Now since we've seen her do programs without it, I wouldn't mind it coming back.

Also, while we're talking about her programs with Aver. I must say, while it was completely tasteless and I acknowledge that, the 9/11 program is my favorite she's ever done. I feel like I should be ashamed to admit that, but it was just really well choreographed and she put a lot of emotion into it. It's unfortunate that some of the audio was completely tasteless.

I think it's a great program. I wish we could watch the program without the voiceovers.
And Evgenia is a great actress and that is why her skating shows such great emotion.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

One of the issues with the 9/11 program is that I remember at least one incidence where she smiled/laughed in the middle of the program when she made a small mistake. Which you just cannot do with a program about an absolutely devastating terrorist attack, because it shows she didn't really feel the seriousness of it.

I don't think she really felt with the program (and she has said later that she didn't really like it, she only liked that she won with it) - she still made it work because she's a very good actress, but I don't think she personally connected to it that much.

On the pantomiming, I think sometimes it really worked and sometimes it was a bit over the top/occasionally felt not genuine. I liked how she did it in experience - it had a bit more subtlety to it. Which just shows her artistic growth.

But that Muse song doesn't really suit a lot of miming imo, because it's not a story piece. And it shouldn't be I don't think - it should be about emotion. Basically everything Averbukh did for her had an intricate storyline, so I'm not sure what it will look like.

DeeDee18

On the Ice

I'm slightly concerned that he said Zhenya's coach is Boitano... a Freudian slip or what?? :palmf:
& then the whole "we need to support in times of difficulty as is in times of success", like he wasn't very accepting this whole season smh. :palmf:

I really hope Zhenya knows what she is getting into, cause idk if it's gonna be the same as before. loyalties will be tested...

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
One of the issues with the 9/11 program is that I remember at least one incidence where she smiled/laughed in the middle of the program when she made a small mistake. Which you just cannot do with a program about an absolutely devastating terrorist attack, because it shows she didn't really feel the seriousness of it.

I don't think she really felt with the program (and she has said later that she didn't really like it, she only liked that she won with it) - she still made it work because she's a very good actress, but I don't think she personally connected to it that much.

Not that you were blaming her or that I'm defending her or anything, :laugh:, but I can definitely understand her. I'm older than her, and even I was almost 5 when the attacks happened. Moreover, not being from the US, and from a completely different country, you can bet I don't feel the same as someone from the US who's my age. But yeah, I might not feel it, but I understand that it's an incredibly offensive program.

Watch

Final Flight
I'm slightly concerned that he said Zhenya's coach is Boitano... a Freudian slip or what?? :palmf:
& then the whole "we need to support in times of difficulty as is in times of success", like he wasn't very accepting this whole season smh. :palmf:

I really hope Zhenya knows what she is getting into, cause idk if it's gonna be the same as before. loyalties will be tested...

Why concerned? I thought it was pretty funny that he got his Brians confused. Boitano doesn't coach and it's obvious he meant to say Orser 😄

skatingfan200

Medalist

I think she knows it.

Here is the translation
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4_5cpxXsAUAQhS.png

skatingfan200

Medalist

Come on, it´s the Zhenya style to deal with a small mistake. She smiled also for example when she had a mistake by Anna K.
It has nothing to do with understanding the seriousness of it, at least for me.

I´m too lazy to search for the exact quote but I think she didn´t said I like it only because I won with it. I agree with @bubblecherry, 9/11 choreo was good.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Not that you were blaming her or that I'm defending her or anything, :laugh:, but I can definitely understand her. I'm older than her, and even I was almost 5 when the attacks happened. Moreover, not being from the US, and from a completely different country, you can bet I don't feel the same as someone from the US who's my age. But yeah, I might not feel it, but I understand that it's an incredibly offensive program.

Offensive? She was making a tribute to all those who died and a those who suffered for the ones who died. She made a program that explored human pain. And it was not disrespectful. Haven’t you ever laughed because you were nervous? I have this serious problem that I start smiling when I hear something tragic, it’s involuntary and I’m actually feeling sad inside, but my body expresses otherwise.

seanxlz

Rinkside
About 9/11 drama, controversies, etc.. I think her program was not offensive at all. It's just an aesthetically splendid, mini version of the whole movie "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close", which means it was intended to spread positivity. The phone call at the end of the program was iconic, it reminded me of Yulia's Schindler's List head turning. Just watch the movie for once and you will understand.