Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1347 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
It doesn‘t work for me. :( Says there‘s technical works on the website...
Oh yes, for me as well now. A few minutes before you could see an online shop without any products. They are probably still working on redesigning the website and adding the new stuff :) I am excited

vixen0089

On the Ice
I have an all event ticket but I might have to miss the first day of competition since my exams might be scheduled at that time exactly. But I‘m hoping to catch the rest. Would be great to have a fan meeting!

As for double posts: there is a sort of button right next to the one you have to press to quote a post. It saves the post in question and when you go to write another post, the posts you “saved“ will be there already for you to answer to. You can do that for as many posts as you want to, at least I‘ve not yet encountered a limit myself. :laugh: Sorry for not explaining it better, English‘s not my first language and explanations aren‘t my strong suit at any rate, oops.

You’re so lucky! Unfortunately I have to work and no chance for holidays 🙈 I hope you will really enjoy the whole event. Thank you for explanation, it seems to work, let’s see what happens when I hit “Submit reply” button :D Don’t worry, English is not my mother tongue either. You’re doing great :)

Her website has been changed.
https://medvedevaevgeniya.com
*getting my wallet ready*

It doesn’t work for me either, but I’m so excited! Any guesses what could it be?

skatingfan200

Medalist
It doesn’t work for me either, but I’m so excited! Any guesses what could it be?

From fso

By the way about the merchandise. The company that will do them for Zhenya made merchandises for the World Cup-18 in football, collaborates with Zasport, Vdud and Leningrad.

What are you talking about?

Things with the symbols of Zhenya will soon go on sale, maybe her drawings.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Oh yes, for me as well now. A few minutes before you could see an online shop without any products. They are probably still working on redesigning the website and adding the new stuff :) I am excited

Ooh, can't wait to see what they'll come up with! Hoping for some sort of clothing because during the Ice Dance RD at Rostelecom I catched someone in the crowd whose shirt made me very jealous. :laugh: https://youtu.be/SnVICTx0Ums?t=2842

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
Wow I'm interested to see what her new website will be like! It needed to be updated.

I'm almost surprised it's taken Zhenya this long to create her own branded merchandise, she will sells tonnes of it. If she has her own designs or logo I'm sure it will be classy.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Zhenya made an instagram post about her mom being her hero. So sweet :luv17:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Qnd6oK3m1/?igshid=13fg9mgake7hk

I feel like her mom deserves a lot of credit. Honestly, I cannot imagine how it must feel for a mother to watch her daughter drag herself to practice with a broken foot for months, punishing her body day after day for a dream only to have it fall short in the last possible second. I mean, I‘m just a random fan and I was crushed when I saw Zhenya at the Olympics, skating on that broken leg, doing so brilliantly and yet losing. Can anyone of us really imagine how it must have been like for her mother to see her own child skating a program like this injured, getting the loudest cheers in the arena and a standing ovation only to watch her sob her heart out at the “2“ next to her name minutes later? The roller coaster of emotions, I cannot even imagine. I feel like it wasn‘t only Zhenya who realised something at that point, Evgenia‘s mother seems like a smart woman to me and I bet she watched the whole situation in the Olympic year closely. And then she went and uprooted her whole life to help her daughter follow her dreams. It‘s a huge change to make, moving to Canada when she‘s not even completely confident with her English as far as I know. And yet she did just that, no questions asked, it was for Zhenya after all. I bet when this whole pettiness and unnecessary drama started and words were put in Zhenya‘s mouth after the switch, her mother sat quietly next to her, fuming inside like a blonde version of Molly Weasley: “Not my daughter, you ...!“ :laugh:

Anyway, what I‘m trying to say is that Zhenya‘s mom deserves more credit. Sometimes it‘s just as hard watching somebody go through hardship as living it. Especially if it‘s someone you love and you know there‘s absolutely nothing you can do to change it. I‘m glad Zhenya has such an amazing support system, though and I like that she‘s sharing so many “personal“ moments on her social media. True, like Nam said in his interview, many things stay private and I‘m even more glad about that, skaters should absolutely have their private lives!! But it‘s still refreshing to see pictures like the ones with her fans, her mom or friends, especially nowadays when so many celebrities (even athletes) only post about their achievements and some marketing stuff and nothing else.

And because I‘m already right at it, why not continue lol. I have not yet made my traditional sappy Zhenya-birthday post after all. I know it‘s a bit late but nevertheless:

Today I‘ve rewatched Zhenya‘s Olympic FS. And it was the first time ever that I did not feel a deep, crushing pain watching it. Sure, there was a slight pang at the “what if“ that will likely always be there but now there was a different “what if“ and it stood out more. What if she had won? She‘s said it herself in her interview, she likely would not have been where she is today. So, it‘s truly the first time that I feel like maybe losing was for the best here. It lead her to where she is now and yes, maybe there will be no Olympic Gold in her life but there‘s more to life than just gold medals. After all, what stays with you after all this has ended? The people you meet on the way, the experiences and lessons you learned about yourself or the colour of your medal in your sock drawer?

Of course, every athletes wants to win Gold all the time and Zhenya’s no exception. But in the end, no one is unbeatable. And it’s not the losses that define us but how we deal with them and I think her reaction to every failure or loss she’s had so far tells us absolutely everything we have to know. She literally chose the hardest way there is and keeps on fighting. Now, I feel like she has a different outlook on life and competitions. You win some, but you lose some as well. And with the ever-revolving door that is Russian ladies skating, you likely lose some more. But what I find admirable about Zhenya is that she didn‘t just walk through that door, take her medals and leave but continues to linger around the doorway, on crutches or healthily, refusing to leave. She‘s trying to improve as hard as she can everyday, even though for a Russian ladies skater she‘s already considered “old“. That takes guts. I have no idea if she will succeed but in the end, what matters to me is that there was nothing else she could have done.

And in a way, she has already succeeded. Because she overcame herself and will keep on doing this. After all, if you had told the little, excited girl dancing on top of the Worlds 2016 podium where she would be in a few years, she would have frowned at you, thinking you were crazy. I think even if you had told the same to pre-Olympic Zhenya, she would only have laughed. Now look where she is and how far she‘s come. She didn‘t only make a good move for her skating, it was a move necessary to restore her mental as well as physical health. She‘s got to meet so many people, all of whom were in awe of her immediately. There are interviews by skaters every other week stating how Evgenia‘s inspired them in a way. She’s in a place and with people that will support her through everything. And if two Silver medals (that are absolutely beautiful btw) lead her to this, I think I can finally say that I‘m fine with it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Fh-2TpxVk/?igshid=i9luzdd2o7wq

(Soooo, that‘s it. Now you can all cringe at how sappy this was. :biggrin:)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Wow I'm interested to see what her new website will be like! It needed to be updated.

I'm almost surprised it's taken Zhenya this long to create her own branded merchandise, she will sells tonnes of it. If she has her own designs or logo I'm sure it will be classy.

Given how much she enjoyed designing some of her exhibition dresses this off-season, I‘m very excited to see what she will come up with. Will it be designed by herself? Maybe she will sell some drawings she made too? Either way, I think it‘s a great idea. Can‘t wait for the new website overall.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice

What a lovely post. Zhenya's mom absolutely deserves credit for all the sacrifices she made for her daughter. She too completely uprooted her life so that Zhenya could continue her career and that's so admirable. We are all indebted to her for raising such a special and inspiring athlete.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like her mom deserves a lot of credit. Honestly, I cannot imagine how it must feel for a mother to watch her daughter drag herself to practice with a broken foot for months, punishing her body day after day for a dream only to have it fall short in the last possible second. I mean, I‘m just a random fan and I was crushed when I saw Zhenya at the Olympics, skating on that broken leg, doing so brilliantly and yet losing. Can anyone of us really imagine how it must have been like for her mother to see her own child skating a program like this injured, getting the loudest cheers in the arena and a standing ovation only to watch her sob her heart out at the “2“ next to her name minutes later? The roller coaster of emotions, I cannot even imagine. I feel like it wasn‘t only Zhenya who realised something at that point, Evgenia‘s mother seems like a smart woman to me and I bet she watched the whole situation in the Olympic year closely. And then she went and uprooted her whole life to help her daughter follow her dreams. It‘s a huge change to make, moving to Canada when she‘s not even completely confident with her English as far as I know. And yet she did just that, no questions asked, it was for Zhenya after all. I bet when this whole pettiness and unnecessary drama started and words were put in Zhenya‘s mouth after the switch, her mother sat quietly next to her, fuming inside like a blonde version of Molly Weasley: “Not my daughter, you ...!“ :laugh:

Anyway, what I‘m trying to say is that Zhenya‘s mom deserves more credit. Sometimes it‘s just as hard watching somebody go through hardship as living it. Especially if it‘s someone you love and you know there‘s absolutely nothing you can do to change it. I‘m glad Zhenya has such an amazing support system, though and I like that she‘s sharing so many “personal“ moments on her social media. True, like Nam said in his interview, many things stay private and I‘m even more glad about that, skaters should absolutely have their private lives!! But it‘s still refreshing to see pictures like the ones with her fans, her mom or friends, especially nowadays when so many celebrities (even athletes) only post about their achievements and some marketing stuff and nothing else.

And because I‘m already right at it, why not continue lol. I have not yet made my traditional sappy Zhenya-birthday post after all. I know it‘s a bit late but nevertheless:

Today I‘ve rewatched Zhenya‘s Olympic FS. And it was the first time ever that I did not feel a deep, crushing pain watching it. Sure, there was a slight pang at the “what if“ that will likely always be there but now there was a different “what if“ and it stood out more. What if she had won? She‘s said it herself in her interview, she likely would not have been where she is today. So, it‘s truly the first time that I feel like maybe losing was for the best here. It lead her to where she is now and yes, maybe there will be no Olympic Gold in her life but there‘s more to life than just gold medals. After all, what stays with you after all this has ended? The people you meet on the way, the experiences and lessons you learned about yourself or the colour of your medal in your sock drawer?

Of course, every athletes wants to win Gold all the time and Zhenya’s no exception. But in the end, no one is unbeatable. And it’s not the losses that define us but how we deal with them and I think her reaction to every failure or loss she’s had so far tells us absolutely everything we have to know. She literally chose the hardest way there is and keeps on fighting. Now, I feel like she has a different outlook on life and competitions. You win some, but you lose some as well. And with the ever-revolving door that is Russian ladies skating, you likely lose some more. But what I find admirable about Zhenya is that she didn‘t just walk through that door, take her medals and leave but continues to linger around the doorway, on crutches or healthily, refusing to leave. She‘s trying to improve as hard as she can everyday, even though for a Russian ladies skater she‘s already considered “old“. That takes guts. I have no idea if she will succeed but in the end, what matters to me is that there was nothing else she could have done.

And in a way, she has already succeeded. Because she overcame herself and will keep on doing this. After all, if you had told the little, excited girl dancing on top of the Worlds 2016 podium where she would be in a few years, she would have frowned at you, thinking you were crazy. I think even if you had told the same to pre-Olympic Zhenya, she would only have laughed. Now look where she is and how far she‘s come. She didn‘t only make a good move for her skating, it was a move necessary to restore her mental as well as physical health. She‘s got to meet so many people, all of whom were in awe of her immediately. There are interviews by skaters every other week stating how Evgenia‘s inspired them in a way. She’s in a place and with people that will support her through everything. And if two Silver medals (that are absolutely beautiful btw) lead her to this, I think I can finally say that I‘m fine with it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Fh-2TpxVk/?igshid=i9luzdd2o7wq

(Soooo, that‘s it. Now you can all cringe at how sappy this was. :biggrin:)

Great post! I also want to say that Evgenia 's grandmother is wonderful too. She was the one that went with Zhenya to all the junior competitions. It's wonderful that she has such a great family. :)

silveruskate

On the Ice
I'm thinking about how much Zhenya has spoiled us now, there are videos of:

2A-3Lo, 3S-3Lo, -3T-3Lo, 3Lo-3Lo, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz-3Lo
3F-eu-3F, 3S-eu-3F

She can literally do everything!! Has anyone seen her do an -eu-3S before?

silveruskate

On the Ice
Also wow Fluture. Just thinking about how there would have been no Brian or Tracy, Jason Brown, even things like learning English like she has now was sped up due to surroundings or also doing all of the ice shows in America/Canada.