Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Евгения Медведева: «Спасибо» в Париже сказала еще громче, чем в Канаде

Google translate

Evgeny Medvedev: "Thank you" in Paris said even louder than in Canada

Once on board the Paris arena "Bercy" lit evaluation Evgenia Medvedeva after the short program on the French stage of the "Grand Prix", the reporters immediately began to open the "Wikipedia". It was clear that the World Champion scores a record or near-record. Alas, to the greatest in the history of Mao Asada estimate obtained in 2014 at the world championships in Japan (78.66), Medvedeva did not have 0.14 points.

But the Russian skater was this fact did not upset. As I'm sure she would not have come to the excessive enthusiasm, if the record was held.

- Eugene, last season, when you are approaching a world record or beat him, you know this is not nothing. Now after rolling we expect to see these scores?
- As always, I do not expect anything, and record assessment did not remember. When I was told about this, I was again in nothing kerf - laughing Eugene. - So the story is repeated for the third time. But I do not have a goal to strive for world records and for your appreciation. This, of course, one of the components of my business, but the most important is my goal - to go out and show what I can do. That is what I was taught my coaches and choreographers.

- Even more points in the short program, you can dial if instead perform triple loop triple lutz.
- First you need to correct the wrong edge on this jump. We coaches are actively working on it. It turned out to be not such an easy process, a lot of work. The success I already have, little by little, he corrected, and if you look at my junior lutz lutz and current, see the difference. But this is not enough, you need to work more and more.

- It was today at the corner of the rink at the side, not to hear your "thank you" for the invisible photograph at the beginning of the program.
- What is it ?! No, I said "thank you" even louder than "Skate Canada!" Arena, probably most, but on television, I think, could be heard. Since there is gnashing ridge heard the voice of the more should.

- In Paris, feel the romance of the city?
- Honestly? Absolutely not. Absolutely. Even kill - laughing Eugene. - Maybe it's because I have not walked around the city, and I do not know whether at this time. But I hope I can fulfill his childhood dream and see the Eiffel Tower.

- To see or climb it?
- At least take a picture with her!

CeCiLiA

Rinkside
I think that his fall has more to do with the difficulty of making the lutz on the right edge, second call, despite entering the correct edge, changes it at the time of starting the jump

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Hey, sabinfire. Can you explain why SP videos on your channel appear so fast, but FS still not or appear since week? :( It's about NA video coverage? :(

It all depends on when these events are broadcast in NA.

Universal HD usually airs the SP (and Pairs/Ice Dance) the same day of the competition.

The main FS programs are usually tape-delayed by NBC. NBC coverage of Rostelecom Cup and France is delayed by several weeks...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Evgenia is so cute here :love:
But they should hire one more dance coach. Jazz is good, but there's not so much energy.
For example, this kid :love: from Mozer's team. I'd like to Zhenya will work with their dance coach too. :)

Manitou

Medalist
Taking this from Javier's thread: https://www.facebook.com/hieloespan...412707658055/1350694578296524/?type=3&theater

Zhenya will take part of the first ice show produced by Javier in Spain, RevolutiOn Ice. It will take place on the last days of December and will include other world Champions like Duhamel/Radford, Capellini/Lanote, Miki Ando, as well as Hubbell/Donahue, Misha Ge, Kiira Korpi, etc,

I saw it on Javier's FB page and I am already excited. Keep posted US TV broadcast info, so that we cannot miss it!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Today is Evgenia's birthday! :love: She's 17 now. God, time goes so fast... It seems like it was yesterday when Zhenya took her first titles bronze at JGPF 2013/2014 and at JWC 2014. And 2 years later she's best skater in the world at this moment.

I wish you stay health, Zhenya, be strong and calm. Thank you for all what you are doing at the ice. :love::love::love: :thank:

Spiral

Final Flight
Happy birthday to an amazing lady who has it all: impressive technical difficulty, great artistic expression, original programs, unbelievable consistency and all the gold in the world. Wishing her another happy year ahead! :yahoo:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Happy birthday to this very verh sweet girl and amazing competitor! May your 17 y/o bring on even more success! :hb:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Happy birthday, Evgenia! :hb:
May you have many more blessings in your life :)

OniBan

Final Flight
Even if not, it's a solid move in public relationships. We have a lot of coincidences going on here! No skater from any other country and not even the Japanese have those preferences and even if they did, what are the odds they would happily engage in conversations about it in their social media, a lot? That's even rarer. Moreover she is Russian. Russia is a unique and interesting country with amazing people, but the Russian government is suspicious to me. Yulia and Elena showing contempt to their own team mate (!) and no one else, is also suspicious to me and speaks of another coincidence. I am sorry. Seems like too many coincidences to me. :confused:

they're just jealous cuz she's a geek :3

actually, i can actually understand why they would eyeroll her when she talks about her fandom (liking k-pop, anime and stuff). I was deeply into animes and j-rock when I was a teenager, and most kids at school didn't (their preference running towards western music and move stars). They would actually made fun of me for liking what they thought were childish. However, seeing Zhenya and her fandom, I can totally understand her enthusiasm (and no I do not think this is something she is 'told to do'), and why people who are not into the fandom just couldn't see why she would be so into it. The girl's an adorable gawky geek! Which I love.

Also her tweets about Yuri on Ice is my everything XDD