Golden Skate Lessons | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Golden Skate Lessons

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anyone have new discoveries?

Has anyone noticed that you can now search a thread for two charcter words and get a result.

:bm:

:bmrk:

This means you have a choice of 2 different colored bookmarks to mark a post of yours might want to make easy to find .

Search bm for the blue mark, bmrk for the red.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
With the season over, it is time for me to do a season final update of the Fan Fests I own.

To view them all in a block in Fan Fests,

I click on "Thread Starter" in the column heading "Title / Thread Starter."

The entries are the sorted in increasing alphanumeric sequence (numbers, then letters, so 4everchan will precede actualrealliveanna and adelia) after any stickied threads. The sort arrow indicator which is next to "Title / Thread Starter" points upward.

A second click on "Thread Starter" will re-sort in decreasing order. The sort arrow indicator which is next to "Title / Thread Starter" points downward.

I am thinking of using the bookmarks in my fan fests- red for the start of each year, blue for the end of my last update, and link the "Season" in the OP to the bookmark, especially in longer fan fests.

What do any of you plan for the off season?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With the season over, it is time for me to do a season final update of the Fan Fests I own.

To view them all in a block in Fan Fests,

I click on "Thread Starter" in the column heading "Title / Thread Starter."

The entries are the sorted in increasing alphanumeric sequence (numbers, then letters, so 4everchan will precede actualrealliveanna and adelia) after any stickied threads. The sort arrow indicator which is next to "Title / Thread Starter" points upward.

A second click on "Thread Starter" will re-sort in decreasing order. The sort arrow indicator which is next to "Title / Thread Starter" points downward.

I am thinking of using the bookmarks in my fan fests- red for the start of each year, blue for the end of my last update, and link the "Season" in the OP to the bookmark, especially in longer fan fests.

What do any of you plan for the off season?

I only discovered a few weeks ago that you could order threads in a particular forum / subforum by various parameters.

And it has been invaluable when doing the Fan Fest project I am currently working on! :bow: :bow: :bow:

For example, when making out the new index spreadsheet, sorting the Fan Fests by "date created" made it a lot simpler to find threads that had been started since the original list I was working from was last updated.

Also, when I come to installing the new standardised introductory paragraphs, I am going to group doing them by thread starter, so as to cut down on the number of notifications that I have to send out! ;) :biggrin:

So, needless to say what I will be doing during the off-season! :laugh:

As well as installing the new introductory paragraphs to Fan Fests run by other people, I will, of course, also be doing full updates to my own Fan Fests. I badly neglected updating them during this season, and I now want to get them all nice and sparkling for the upcoming Olympic season.

CaroLiza_fan

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
One thing that I have found very, very useful is the Advanced Editor wysiwyg option in vbulletin:

If you are using Chrome, select anything you want on your computer, and copy it to the clipboard.

Different browsers have different quirks as to how this works.

Go to the advanced edit option. You pick wysiwyg by clicking on the A/A option at the far left on the editor tool bar top line. The icon turns from blue to white background when it is selected. Then paste your clipboard contents.

In general, background colors, table structure, and links all paste as shown. If you have to tweak things, you can go back to code editing in non wysiwyg mode.

The table manipulation tools are, from left to right in the bottom line of the tool bar:
Create a new table
Delete the table where your cursor is located
Change alignment, table size (can be expresed in % or px, as 100% or 500px for example, whether there are table borders shown, full grid shown, or no grid shown

Add a row above the one where your cursor is located
Add a row below the one where your cursor is located
Delete the row where your cursor is located
Add a column above the one where your cursor is located
Add a column below the one where your cursor is located
Delete the column where your cursor is located

Enter a character as a subscript
Enter a character as a superscript
Draw a line across the page at the position where where your cursor is located

At the end of the top row, there is an arrow icon that lets you go back if you make a mistake.

Here's a table where you can try table commands.

Any sorting has to be done in Excel before posting