2015 Cup of China Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Free Dance

LisaM

Medalist
Yeah, in a way, I'm saying it is 'strange'. Judging in ice-dancing is convoluted and that is one reason why it has credibility issues.

For sure, except I thought you were merely commenting on the level 2 issue. Hence my response.

Astrid56

Final Flight
For sure, except I thought you were merely commenting on the level 2 issue. Hence my response.

Well, level 2 is a technical issue and the technique is question in this instance is an important one (at least in dance) - the step sequence, I believe, correct me if I am wrong. In dance where technique is questioned, they turn to overall result or outcome and the essence of the effort/work. That's why the likes of Bob Fosse, Martha Graham thrived. Both defied the traditional concept yet were acknowledged as great. Technique was reclassed to accommodate what obviously was a legendary effort/stride/progress in dancing.

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Well, level 2 is a technical issue and the technique is question in this instance is an important one (at least in dance) - the step sequence, I believe, correct me if I am wrong. In dance where technique is questioned, they turn to overall result or outcome and the essence of the effort/work that's why the likes of Bob Fosse, Martha Graham thrived. Both defied the traditional concept yet where acknowledged as great. Technique was reclassed to accommodate what obviously was a legendary effort/stride/progress in dancing.

I see your point, but in ID I believe these technical issues don't necessary immediately make an impact. C/B are known to have very high technical scores because their coach is a great technician, so generally they get level 3s and level 4s. That's one of the ways they built the PCS, because they are known to be reliable in that respect. That's why I believe that the PCS wasn't immediately dropped by this one instance of level 2. If this keeps happening over the season, then the PCS scores might drop.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
We're still early in the quadrennium & early in the season. It's obvious the senior callers are being tough all the way around, and that's good because it helps separate the top teams from the rest. Leaves things open for technical development over the next two years and for teams who really step it up.

The junior callers seem to have an entirely different philosophy. Interestingly, McNamara & Carpenter pulled in 4 level fours and a level 3 in their debut performance of their short dance at Colorado Springs this season within the junior field. Clearly the caller there wasn't too worried about figuring out who was on top. LOL. (M&C really had no competition there).

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Universal Sports is broadcasting the FD right now. Anyone watching with me?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why is it that I usually enjoy the lower ranked ID teams more than the top ranked teams. Wang and Lui were fun and those lifts were amazing.

Oh no....Je Suis Malade :hpull:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kept waiting for C/B's beginning part to turn into "I can't live...if living is without you". It sounds so similar.
https://youtu.be/bkjR1j47gCc?t=1m19s

They are a perfect example of a top ranked team I enjoy much less than a lower ranked team. What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/L are always high up on my list. Plus she looks like Rory Gilmore. Great programs this year for this team and hopefully good results.

I've had fun chatting with myself over here. :whack:

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
C/L are always high up on my list. Plus she looks like Rory Gilmore. Great programs this year. For this team and hopefully good results.

I've had fun chatting with myself over here. :whack:

Don't worry, I'm reading you :laugh: