2015 NHK Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Short Dance

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hirai/Del Asuncion

Beige shirt with brown pants and suspenders/light blue tank top dress with puffy pastel floral skirt-looks like a party dress

Music: something in French

Fine twizzles, nice speed, they look very happy with that

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am on my nook at a hotel so can't steam. Please keep me up to date with details!

The two Japanese teams have skated credibly, but not spectacularly. Even on video with Russian commentary (which I do not understand) they look quite slow, extensions are OK. The programs look oldfashioned and a little corny to me.

Nonetheless, I think they're both new pairings, so good for them for representing. Everyone must start somewhere.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Hirai/De La Asuncion did not look quite as steady as their compatriots overall but DANG is Marien adorable or what?! :luv17:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Reed/Kuramoto is going to finish above their countrymen after this SD. Not bad for your first GP ever.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Good job Kana and Chris! She has a nice energy out there.

Hirai/de la Asuncion seemed to have trouble with some of their footwork. 43.61... Really low score.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have a stream (the first one posted here), but the quality is pretty bad. When they're skating, their faces look like they're wearing stockings over their heads to blur their features (like old-fashioned bank robbers). It's better in the kiss and cry - they actually look like (attractive) human beings!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm not loving this music cut. That was a really long section in the middle that just repeated over and over and over again.

eta

Medalist
Only one stream would work /if/ I disable ad block - which I won't. So I'll just be reading all your comments.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Some good moments, but there was some rough parts in the pattern. Thank goodness they have worlds minimums already, it would have been terrible to miss it by only a hair here.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks guys! Not being able to watch is sad, but the upside is being with family for the holiday. Go Can-Man