2016 World Junior Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 World Junior Short Dance

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Italian's costumes are beautiful except for her red gloves, who are a little bit too distarcting.

TMC

Record Breaker
I find the Koreans just absolutely delightful :love:

Also, skating to my favourite opera always gets an automatic +5 points from me!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Very nice lift in the end :) I like these siblings :hap10:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
yeah i really liked the Koreans and their costumes were lovely too.

Those Canadians though I gotta say I am not a fan.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Shpilevaya/Smirnov have amazing potential al- lovely lines, expression, seem to be quite consistent. I think next season they will be one of the frontrunnera since many teams may go senior)

Sackie

Medalist
P/B Next! Expect them to take the lead with around 61 points!

WOW - Didn't expect them to not get a SB here. USA teams usually show up very prepared for these big events and usually score SBs.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
And it looks like the CAN teams will end up in 9, 10 and 11th place. So it looks like at least one of them should stay in the top 10 after the free.

tulosai

Record Breaker
P/B Next! Expect them to take the lead with around 61 points!

WOW - Didn't expect them to not get a SB here. USA teams usually show up very prepared for these big events and usually score SBs.

I don't think this is unique to US teams- many if not most teams post their SB scores late in the season at Worlds or Euros or 4CCs. I personally did not think they'd be able to beat L/LG- they just are not at quite that level yet I don't think. Fortunately there's always next year.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Why did Pogrebinsky look so upset after their dance? I didn't see any mistakes. Anyone else?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm going to be cheering for Popova and Vlasenok! One of my fave junior teams :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I think that was quite enjoyable so far. Lot´s of pairs with good twizzles and speed, nice ice coverage and good balance. Sara and Giona showed lovely how a pair has to look like on ice, an even partnership and even if she is in the spotlight, he kept his cool and presence.

Italian dancers do that so well all the time, the man always presents his lady and she has that fire and joy in every motion of her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Crazy program is crazy and has not grown on me this season, but I do like how clear and crisp every movement this team makes is.

TMC

Record Breaker
I adore this programme - but that lift was over 6 seconds if it was one second I'm sure