2016 JGP Mordovia Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Mens SP

oleada

Record Breaker
Big mistakes from Edrian Paul....1Lz and then added a 2T< to his 3Lo which is supposed to be the solo jump. He scored well considering.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh, Andrew.....problems on the both spins. He is adapting to his grown body obviously.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Andrew lost points on spin? I mean beside jumps.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Samarin has quite a buffer and will have to mess up badly to lose gold, but who gets silver & bronze will be very interesting...some really close scores.

I love Andrew's skating but much like Petr, it's just not his day today...

s_parks

Record Breaker
Gah, not the day for my favorites, and not really an amazing sp in general, but there's still the fs. It's samarin's to win, but I wouldn't put it past him to blow a 7-8 pt lead, unfortunately.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got around to watching the videos of Eric and Andrew. Eric seems to have good potential. He's only 15? For some reason I thought he was older. Andrew's StSq, WOW! Rarely do I see a StSq that shows a TON TON TON TON of passion. I mean sure there are others that are passionate, but not a lot show that high of energy. Stood out. I say that score is good considering he's been out for a year with injury. And good fight on the landings of the jumps.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that'll be a powerful program from Andrew once it's really solid.

That StSq, OMG. Like it shone SO much.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Judge #8 didn't like Petr very much. :dev2:

btw, he was skating with a broken hand, so it's understandable that he is struggling a bit. Why are my favorite Russian boys all getting injured? :drama:

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So Matyas's 12.2 addition FS points came from:

- PCS (3.27)
- TES Base Score (3.2)
-- Did a 3T instead of 2T in his combo
-- Did a Level 4 step sequence instead of Level 3, which compensated for the FCSp dropping from 4 to 3 (StSq4 is 0.2 more than FCSp4)
- No fall on his 3Lo (1)
- Positive overall GOE (4.05) vs. slightly negative last time, which was definitely affected by the fall.

So, the biggest effects were landing his jumps successfully.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
watched Andrew, this kid has grown into a handsome young man! his edges go on forever with just one little push. and his 3A kinda reminds me of Ashley's 2A. Silly mistakes on spin. not very sure footed. but welcome back lad!