2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Short Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I find that they kind of keep their young teams G/S, Wein and the Greens loking a little to childish for the junior field... (Novak and Kiliakov)
Even if you are young, to be in the top Junior rank team internationally, you need to show maturity... like Alicia Fabri, she's just 13 but sure doesn't look like it on the ice!

They have to compete in the big field of good dancers at US nationals, where looking young and dressing like it, is a positive (room to grow; up and coming)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Kirill Aleshin looks like he's allergic to a GYM, he needs some muscle... I'm sorry :shock2:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Best pattern yet (I haven't seen first 3 teams), strong performance :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN RUS
SD Blues: "At Last," performed by Michael Bolton, Swing: "My Baby" by JYP
FD "O mar e tu" by George Dalaras

She a couple noticeable missteps; not quite as strong as he; Ted disagrees.
Different number of turns in the twizzles
Good lift.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I could almost believe Misha Ge's brother is an ice dancer competing for Hungary. Just kidding. :biggrin:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
No, quite opposite, I find him interesting :) And thanks for the link.

I'm still waiting for the WISA page to be updated for the season, lol.

But yeah, for a measure of how successful their young teams are, at the last US Championships they had two medals in each of Junior (Gold/Silver), Novice (Gold/Silver), Intermediate (Gold/Pewter - 4th), and Juvenile (Silver/Bronze).

Also, wow I didn't realize the WISA team was coaching the Austrians.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last to skate:

Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV RUS
SD Blues: Your Heart Is As Black As Night by Melody Gardot; Swing: That Man by Caro Emerald; choreo by Elena Borisova
FD Romeo and Juliet (soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Elena Borisova

I liked their blues
Lift kind of weak in concept,
They did it badly
she slipped off and then they repeated it. :eek:

third.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I'm not sure why tech panel counted their second lift :eek:
But they looked more interesting than Skoptsova/Aleshin, that's for sure :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes. I guess they must have not called the first lift a lift, and then they counted the second version:eek:

I thought the second would be an illegal element, rather than counted, and the first would be level 0 or something, since it was not held long enough.

I have to check what this season's rules say about when is a bad quality lift a lift.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I'm not sure why tech panel counted their second lift :eek:
But they looked more interesting than Skoptsova/Aleshin, that's for sure :)

Oh, no! They didn't count it, that's their score without an element! Wow, they could've been VERY close to McNamara/Carpenter :eek:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes. I guess they must have not called the first lift a lift, and then they counted the second version:eek:

I thought the second would be an illegal element, rather than counted, and the first would be level 0 or something, since it was not held long enough.

Protocols are up. They got no credit for the lift.

ETA: And now I see why everyone thought they did. Wow. Missing credit for an element and still in medal contention.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker

I have to check what this season's rules say about when is a bad quality lift a lift.

No, the second lift wasn't counted, and it shoudn't be: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpslo2016/jgpslo2016_JuniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf They scored almost the same as Skoptsova/Aleshin without a lift :dbana: