2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 297 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

kiamma

Rinkside
Next season, not now.

She should put the triple toe on her second flip in the second half of the program. I think that would be smart.

Agreed, that would be a good idea. I also don’t know why Zhenya doesn’t put her axel in the place of her first flip, and do 3F-2T2L in the second half instead. Or combo her gorgeous loop? I get she’s comfortable with the layout, but she’s proven she can do the flip toe combo multiple times, in the second half if needed. Hell, she puts a combo on every jump in practice runs, so it’s not a stamina issue that i can see. That would help her base value too.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I think Medvedeva's program was purposely, and smartly, choreographed so that if she couldn't get the 3F-3T done at the beginning as planned she could always throw it in later on and nothing would be lost. Its a good safety net and as Euros showed it worked wonderfully. I honestly think she should keep the program as it currently is and make no changes, its a beautiful program. Just work on improving and getting the grade of execution as close to what it once was before she got hurt and it will all work out.

Zagitova's victory was a little less then six points and considering how both ladies skated it could have, and probably should have, been much bigger. That says something important of how things stand. It may not be the 2010 style coronation people were predicting a year ago but it still looks like the fate of who wears gold will all depend on how Medvedeva skates. She still has the control over everything so no need to be changing things so close to the Olympics because of this loss.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I'm just ashamed of some people even in this thread.
What is wrong with you guys?
I can't believe my eyes in something you wrote.... just shame....
:disapp:

starla16

Medalist
Medvedevas money jump is her triple loop, but I never understand she doesn't add any combo for it. Maybe its not stable or because her lutz and flip aren't that secure too add up.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Also. I've never believed the Eteri conspiracies, but when Zhenya got second she straight up looked mad at the score. I get it that she likes Evgenia more, but now it seems veeery blatant.
PLEASE, very big PLEASE. since like you can read minds... teach me... please i would love to be able to do it either.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
PLEASE, very big PLEASE. since like you can read minds... teach me... please i would love to be able to do it either.

I’m just saying that’s what it looked to me, that’s all. I’m not claiming to know what’s on her mind, I’m saying that to me it seemed like she was very disappointed and sad that Evgenia came in second. I may be 100% wrong and I’m sure that she’s also happy for Alina, but it seems to me (again - MY impression, not the truth) that she prefers Evgenia.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I’m just saying that’s what it looked to me, that’s all. I’m not claiming to know what’s on her mind, I’m saying that to me it seemed like she was very disappointed and sad that Evgenia came in second. I may be 100% wrong and I’m sure that she’s also happy for Alina, but it seems to me (again - MY impression, not the truth) that she prefers Evgenia.

She was just upset not because Alina won, but because Evgenia lost. I mean, we had JGPF to see it. Sasha lost FP to Alena, and Eteri looked mad and upset (I guess mostly because of fall on 4S and mistake on the 3Lz+3Lo), but with overall result she even smiled, because overall Sasha won. Does it mean she didn't want Alena to win over Sasha? Or she loves Sasha more? Of course not. But this is sport. You can't have two gold medals. Well, we know one crap exception at the Olympics, but about this pathetic garbage I'm not gonna say anything, just ugh. So, it's just as is. And also other two points I already wrote above. But the second point is out, I guess, after increasing Alina's PCS from 70 at GPF to 75 at Euros.

skatingfan200

Medalist

Well, its human that you prefer one person over another. Makes Eteri not a bad person. (which some users in this forum claims)

atsumiri

Record Breaker
For me it's just ridiculous to even read what you wrote here..... :noshake:
It's the same hype that some people tried to bring about Brian, Yuzuru and Javi....

and... btw... She showed ZERO emotions here. But yes. some people know better....

And I don't even know what you guys wanted her to do??? Did you want her to start jumping with a joy when Evgenia's scores appeared? Smile? Start to congrats her? When she lost? Or jump from her seat and run to Alina?
I feel foolish even writing it....

madison

Record Breaker
For me it's just ridiculous to even read what you wrote here..... :noshake:
It's the same hype that some people tried to bring about Brian, Yuzuru and Javi....

and... btw... She showed ZERO emotions here. But yes. some people know better....

And I don't even know what you guys wanted her to do??? Did you want her to start jumping with a joy when Evgenia's scores appeared? Smile? Start to congrats her? When she lost? Or jump from her seat and run to Alina?
I feel foolish even writing it....
It's not ridiculous. It was obvious that Eteri was really mad with Evgenia losing the event. I don't know why people try to deny what was really obvious yesterday.
Now, maybe it's humanly to have preferences, but in a sport where confidence and mental stability play a huge role, this can have a negative impact on both Evgenia and Alina. Beyond the words, people feel, you know.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
It's not ridiculous. It was obvious that Eteri was really mad with Evgenia losing the event. I don't know why people try to deny what was really obvious yesterday.
Or maybe did she said it to you in person???? if yes. WOOW! then I'm jealous. Could you give me her number, please? I would like to talk to her too....

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

I guess madison knows very powerful ancient magic, not to mention her tricks with tarot cards. 🤔 It's dangerous to ask about this!

madison

Record Breaker
Now I'm afraid that Alina will win the OGM and retire :eeking:... I'd rather want her to continue and progress.
Plus I think that Evgenia deserves that OGM more as the dominant lady in the last couple of years.