2007-08 U.S. team envelopes announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2007-08 U.S. team envelopes announced

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I'm irritated Flatt wasn't higher. I want to see more of her. I still think her scores at Nationals were a load of BS.

flying camel

Medalist
So, how do the invitations to the GP's work. Does the host country send out invitations to the skaters they want and the skater picks where they want to go???

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
So, how do the invitations to the GP's work. Do the host countries send out invitations to the skaters they want and the skater picks where they want to go???
I want to know that too and I also want to know how much $ you get for each brackett and can you turn the $ down, if you accept it what does that mean in terms of the USFSA having more control over you, or does that not effect you at all?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I also want to know how much $ you get for each brackett
See this "official" post on the USFS board for last season's envelope funding levels: http://board.usfigureskating.org/forums/post/3005.aspx

Link to info published in USFS' Athlete Funding section:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=214

<< Athlete Support

The U.S. Figure Skating Athlete Support (ASUPP) Fund is one that financially supports the U.S. Team Envelope Athletes by assisting them with their skating expenses. Members are selected by the International Committee Management Subcommittee and will be notified of their nomination. Once members, these athletes will receive support from the ASUPP Fund in the form of three payments during the skating season. Awards change slightly each year due to budgets and amount of new members on the team. >>

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
Thank you :) I've been curious about that for a long time. It seems like such a very small amount of money when you consider how $ the sport is. I'm sure every little bit helps though.

This is all water under the bridge. We are coming into a new season and if Rachael skates JGP, and Ashley skates SGP, we are comparing different championships.

Whoever this Nishino is, she will have US competition. I believe the US Nats winner (forget her name) and Musademba will be in JGP this year. There are no international Novice Championships, are there? This will add to the coming season.

Joe

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Angela Maxwell is the 2007 Novice Champion and Kristine Musademba was the silver medalist. Angela won the Novice event at the same international competition where Rachael won the Junior event.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Angela Maxwell is the 2007 Novice Champion and Kristine Musademba was the silver medalist. Angela won the Novice event at the same international competition where Rachael won the Junior event.
Results link for Challenge Cup in The Hague (March 7-11, 2007): http://www.challenge-cup.com/live-2007/kunstrijden/challengecup/content/uitslagen/index.htm
Maxwell scored 114.95 (won by over 7 points) in her novice international debut, while the 3 U.S. junior ladies swept the podium -- Flatt 146.42, Alexe Gilles 133.62 and Chrissy Hughes 123.74 -- in their junior international debut. All 4 are JGP-eligible.

I would like to see both Maxwell and Musademba get the opportunity to compete on the JGP this fall, but it remains to be seen how many U.S. ladies will receive assignments (last year 9 different ladies competed, with 6 receiving 2 JGPs).

Last edited:

Mysticchic

Rinkside
That's an old picture of Megan. She used that her novice or Jr year. I'll find a recent one and post it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe the German girl is Sarah Hecken. She won her Junior group with a total score of 125 at German Nationals. I don't know how that would translate to an international score, and I don't know how old she is.

gio

Medalist
I believe the German girl is Sarah Hecken. She won her Junior group with a total score of 125 at German Nationals. I don't know how that would translate to an international score, and I don't know how old she is.

Thanks chuckm!
I did a search in google and I found out that she is from 1993, this means she is the same age as Zhang and Nagasu. 125 at Nationals isn't a high score. That would be 115-120 in international score, probably. Not enough compared to Zhang and Nagasu.

www.merc-online.de/Kunstlauf/sportler/hecken.htm

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, Sarah Hecken isn't the same age as Nagasu and Zhang. She was too young to compete in the JGP this past season, as she didn't turn 13 until August. Caroline and Mira are spring babies; Mirai has already turned 14 and Caroline will be 14 next week.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Who is the talented German girl?

Actually there are two german girls that might surprise a few people. Especially those in German who think there aren't any good ladies any more.

The first one is Sarah Hecken. She will turn 14 in August. At the second Nationals - German Trohpy - she won the Junior Ladies, again, just like at Germans in January. I really liked her short programm where for the first time in competition she tried and did a 3Flipp. She also attempted 3T-3T but fell on the second jump. You can download both short and long programm of German Trophy from fsvids. On her homepage www.sarah-hecken.de you can find two vidioes in the download section. we also have a profile on her on the german message board http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=2950

The second girl is Isabel Drescher. She placed second at Nationals and 5th at German Trophy. She just turned 13. And was the only german lady this season to land a 3Lz in competition. She did that at German Tropy where she did that in her long programm. Her profile can be found here http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=2951.

I can't wait for them to get a chance to compete internationally now that they are age eligible! They never had to show everything they can do nationally because they are good enough to do well without all the tripples in their programms and there is no need to go all out to win if you win anyways.
As soon as I hear anything about who get which JGP I will let you know. The newly formed German junior team might be the way back for German ladies to get competitive again as there is a lot more talent than in previous years!

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
< Originally Posted by Joesitz
and she is more beautiful in person. Hope she skates as well as she looks. Joe >

She resembles Grace and Tippi.

Yes, or maybe she resembles Kim Novak (Vertigo) even more...