2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24

georgia

On the Ice
I watched every practice and every program so far. In my opinion
Pitkeev: has totally awesome jumps. Pure ballet. I think he is the answer to men's skating in Rusia..he did not miss much during practices. His quad is text book perfect.
Machida: Words can't describe the beauty of his skating. It's not just the jumps, but his attitude, his energy, his love for what he is doing. Passionate!
Ten's is the best choreographed program, the best arms/hands.. not his night in the jump area, but he had troubles in practices too.
Jason and Jeremy.. left me with ... nothing! Something in their skating left me empty. Nothing to remember. Not one moment
Chock/Bates are out of this world. Just beautiful on ice with great lines!
Maia/Alex big improvement .. you can tell they get some attention! Nice progress since last year's Nationals, but not there yet!
Have a great Day everyone. On my way to Sears centre and I am loving it!

Alba

Record Breaker
Or maybe the judges didn't like his choice of music. It sounds kinda outdated. Tat should have chosen something more recent for him.

I know you don't like the music of that program. I'm not a fan of vocals myself, but I like his program a lot tbh.
I liked Nguyen SP too.

In the Short Dance thread, Alba has kindly pointed out that it is also on Eurosport 2 International:

Eurosport 2 International Livestream

Given that it's a bigger field than the Ice Dance, it'll be interesting to see how many they show.

They started with Gachinsky.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I can't watch these streams- they give me tons of advertising and viruse links.:mad: Totally hate local Eurosport feed, they replaced figure skating with football, how disgusting.:bang:

shine

Record Breaker
Machida: Words can't describe the beauty of his skating. It's not just the jumps, but his attitude, his energy, his love for what he is doing. Passionate!

I love it. I've always loved him since seeing him for the first time at 2010 4cc - a bundle of musicality and energy, even if rough around the edges. Despite being an underdog and skating in the shadow of all the other great Japanese men for most of his career, he has always been his own skater and performer, with a unique vision and self-belief. And for that I have such soft spot for him. In this particular program, at times he seems so close to overdoing it and, with just a tad more drama, the performance would've had the opposite effect from what it was intended to be. If it was any other skater skating this program I probably would've laughed out loud. But for some reason Tatuski always managed to just be on that edge of the cliff without falling off of it. This program shows that even with all the seemingly over-the-topness, if you skate with enough conviction and self-belief, you can make others believe in it as well. His passion compliments this music so well and the performance was oh so moving.

yangjie

On the Ice
Here's my impression.
Machida : I prefer his las year program actually , I like his jumps , and but don't like his choreography.
His choreography in the beginning seems same as last year .
Abott: so wonderfull . I was if I had watched the ex .
he don't need quad in his SP, just skating is enough .
Pitkeev : today's my favorite !!!! . Oh my god , his jumps are so huge and so solid .
Considering that this is his senior debut and he 'landed' the quad , his future looks great .

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given that it's a bigger field than the Ice Dance, it'll be interesting to see how many they show.

They started with Gachinsky.

The routines from the Men's SP that Eurosport did not show are:

1 Douglas RAZZANO USA
3 Alexei BYCHENKO ISR
4 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL
7 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA
8 Michael Christian MARTINEZ PHI

HOWEVER, these routines can all be viewed on YouTube, and the links are in the Video thread.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
This. And the worst of it is, the Dutch Eurosport feed doesn't even show Dutch soccer, but German. ;-/

I don't think that depends on the Dutch Eurosport. I think it's pretty same for all Eurosport channels.

Eurosport Ita for example do show a lot of darts, snooker etc. which has zero following here.

supsu

On the Ice
Please don't feed trolls and allow them to hijack threads.

I know right. I just ignore the trolls but i get a bit frustrated :disapp: when others answer and start proving them wrong. Just ignore them and move on. :agree:

supsu

On the Ice
Can anyone tell me what's with all the illusions into spins?

Can u tell me what is an illusion? :eek::

All in all, I liked Jeremy's confidence. He seemed relaxed before the program. Hope he can rely on that going forward. I liked also his program and the music. He's skating is so meaningful and for example compared to Jason's sp. Which i would say is fine when u consider how much older Jeremy is. I wonder though is he planning on doing his sp without the quad or is he gonna add it in later on? The program still needs more time obviously considering it is very new.

Jason, I don't have really much to say. I was already feeling excited about his short after Nebelhorn but this time it fell flat. Maybe cause he skated after Jeremy it just felt a bit.. movement after movement, too much quirky, funny and so on. It is an entertaining program but today i wasn't in the mood for it. Interested to see if he can manage to pull of a good long.

Machida, can't help but laugh at the amount of drama he has on ice. Especially after the program. He should be a ballet dancer instead :rofl: But he's earned it. A really good skate and program.

Ten, i like the choreo for his short, but yes, he needs the jumps to make it work. He is a bit Patrick-esque, which works great for me cause i happen to love PChan.

:hb: to the start of GP series! I've been waiting for this a long time. I watched the Russian stream but fell asleep, woke up when they were showing reruns and then watched the highlights again from Finnish tv.

ks777

Record Breaker
THIS!!! Someone else sees it too! Jason has a great personality and star quality, but I feel like his programs and skating style is very commercial and easy.
To me, his skating is like watching a lady skating.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
From our broadcast I saw the skating of the young Canadien, Nam Nguyen for the first time and I was very impressed.

shine

Record Breaker
Machida, can't help but laugh at the amount of drama he has on ice. Especially after the program. He should be a ballet dancer instead :rofl: But he's earned it. A really good skate and program.
Do ballet dancers make you :rofl: ?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A Man skating like a Lady is not a bad thing if he can do the Men things. Hanyu skates like a Lady with Triple Axels and quads, or one may say he skates as a Man with Bielmann, spirals, Ina Bauer, etc. A flexible and strong skater, Man or Lady, skates with the best of both disciplines. There aren't many of them around. Flexibility and jumping prowess don't usually mix.