2015-16 Grand Prix assignments | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix assignments

samson

Medalist
He's officially scratched from the ISU entry list. Really too bad, he's a GORGEOUS skater

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice

Ekm

On the Ice
Hope he has gotten in front of everything, better to deal with things early rather than push oneself and cause more long term damage.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Damn,, Josh never gets good luck with injuries. And this one must be pretty bad when he's withdrawing from both events. Hopefully he gest well nin time by nationals.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh No!!! Sorry to hear about Josh! :(

Well this may give Max, Adam, Ricki and even Jason a boost. Who is to take Josh's spot? I wonder if Josh may make the US nationals, hope he heal better.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Nooooooo not Josh!!!! I wish him the speediest recovery possible!

I am so happy Hurtado and Diaz got a second GP spot, and also that Agafonova and Ucar got their first GP slot ever!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Uzbekistan has some of the most restrictive visa policies in the world. I got curious, and saw that UZE is tied for 74th out of 94. They only can visit 54 countries visa free. Compare that to US/UK/Sweden/Finland/Germany tied for 1st which can visit 172 out of 218 countries without a visa.

I hope Misha works things out! He earned those GPs!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, no, Misha. And I thought TEB would have been a great fit for you, please let this work out?!?:mad:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Uzbekistan has some of the most restrictive visa policies in the world. I got curious, and saw that UZE is tied for 74th out of 94. They only can visit 54 countries visa free. Compare that to US/UK/Sweden/Finland/Germany tied for 1st which can visit 172 out of 218 countries without a visa.

I hope Misha works things out! He earned those GPs!

But wouldn't it be France that is granting the Visa and has an issue? That is the country he would be entering. How much involvement would UZE have on this.

I was guessing it was snafu with residency and answering the question "where does Misha Ge live?" If France says USA and USA says China and China says UZE... i could see a problem arising.

moriel

Record Breaker
But wouldn't it be France that is granting the Visa and has an issue? That is the country he would be entering. How much involvement would UZE have on this.

I was guessing it was snafu with residency and answering the question "where does Misha Ge live?" If France says USA and USA says China and China says UZE... i could see a problem arising.

I was born in one country (Russia) and live in another (i got the citizenship). I have visa issues quite frequently - any visas seem to take way longer than for people who were born here, pretty much always exceeding the time they say they need to issue a visa. For example, if the a consulate says it takes up to 30 days, it actually takes up to 30 days for the natives, but will most likely take longer for me. I am not sure how and why, but it always happens - and i actually lost a few trips because of that.

So my guess is that Misha may be facing something similar.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I was born in one country (Russia) and live in another (i got the citizenship). I have visa issues quite frequently - any visas seem to take way longer than for people who were born here, pretty much always exceeding the time they say they need to issue a visa. For example, if the a consulate says it takes up to 30 days, it actually takes up to 30 days for the natives, but will most likely take longer for me. I am not sure how and why, but it always happens - and i actually lost a few trips because of that.

So my guess is that Misha may be facing something similar.

Do you mind if I ask on what end the issue usually occurs? Some her are guessing it is an issue with UZE, I was guessing France... Misha was born in Russia and has lived in China and the USA... I can see why he has issues. Anyway, i'd like to make sure the pitchforks are pointed in the correct direction.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Uzbekistan has some of the most restrictive visa policies in the world. I got curious, and saw that UZE is tied for 74th out of 94. They only can visit 54 countries visa free. Compare that to US/UK/Sweden/Finland/Germany tied for 1st which can visit 172 out of 218 countries without a visa. ..

But wouldn't it be France that is granting the Visa and has an issue? That is the country he would be entering. How much involvement would UZE have on this. ..

... Anyway, i'd like to make sure the pitchforks are pointed in the correct direction.

I'm with you, Stitch, re France being the presumable source of Misha's trouble.

(I don't think that Mrs. P was saying that pitchforks should be pointed at Uzbekistan.
I think she meant that citizens of Uzbekistan have some of the most restrictive visa obstacles in the world. Thus the stat of access without a visa to only 54 countries.)

tulosai

Record Breaker
The issue is most likely with France. I find this to be hugely upsetting, but on the other hand we don't know the exact nature of the issue so who knows who and whether pitchforks should be directed at- it's possible (sorry guys) that Misha or his team made some kind of mistake that is what caused the hold up.

Wit that said (and this is purely anecdotal, but I know for a fact other people in my position also had similar issues at least at the time) when I lived in France even with my company's help I had difficulties getting the residency permit because they were very detail oriented but not helpful- like you'd go and they'd be like great, but also bring this thing that is not mentioned on our website, and then you'd go again and they'd say great, but this actually needs to be translated, even though it says it doesn't on our website, and then you'd go again and they'd say oh oops actually that needs to be translated not that- but it was not a big deal for me because I was already in the country when I was doing this, since as an American the initial 3 month work visa was easy to obtain, and I could actually have entered the country with or without that (though not worked). But if the visa process for other countries is like the residency process was for me I can imagine he's having issues.