2015 Cup of China Mens SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Mens SP

mrrice

Record Breaker
After looking over the scores, it looks like Misha had a rough SP. Still haven't seen a video but, I hope he recovers and has a strong LP. He's already been through so much this season that I'd at least like to see him happy.

MIM

Medalist
After looking over the scores, it looks like Misha had a rough SP. Still haven't seen a video but, I hope he recovers and has a strong LP. He's already been through so much this season that I'd at least like to see him happy.

He has some issues with jumps here.
But I think he has one of the best choreographies and the best presentation at this competition.
With gorgeous body movements and extension of the arms as usual, I just love his expression. And, it was exciting to see him spin both clock/counter-clock wise.

I am so pleased with his program, and I hope he puts together a great LP tomorrow.

ps. I just took a peek at his fan fest. I am so sorry for him. I was not aware of his TEB situation. Did he get invited to another GP? Or, is this the only GP event he is taking part in?

caitie

Medalist
I really loved Javi's SP. It was nice to see how committed to the choreography he is, he looks like he has been working hard.

mrrice

Record Breaker
He has some issues with jumps here.
But I think he has one of the best choreographies and the best presentation at this competition.
With gorgeous body movements and extension of the arms as usual, I just love his expression. And, it was exciting to see him spin both clock/counter-clock wise.

I am so pleased with his program, and I hope he puts together a great LP tomorrow.

ps. I just took a peek at his fan fest. I am so sorry for him. I was not aware of his TEB situation. Did he get invited to another GP? Or, is this the only GP event he is taking part in?

I don't know if he's been invited to another GP but, I sure hope so. He's such a passionate performer and I LOVE to watch him perform.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
After reading the protocols, I watched only Boyang JIN to be blown away by that incredible 4lutz-3toe combination.
The quad toe late into the program was also very impressive.
Then, of course he does not have the complete package yet, but the boy is only 18 ! Western coaches much needed, though, I agree.

OTOH, it is so frustrating to see Han YAN making mistakes (again!!). If he doesn't deliver this season, I'll give up on him.

ETA: Okay, after reading some comments here, I decided to watch Javier's SP. Upon first viewing, I don't really like it :S

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Well, men's SP video thoughts:

Javi: :love: That was awesome. Also, he's very pretty...

Jin: :cool2: The quads were awesome and he's boring me less, so yay.

Sergei: Unfortunately, my video was spazzing. From the bit I saw, it was nice.

MCM: He's adorable. :love: Shame about the 3a...

And I don't feel like watching anyone else...

mrrice

Record Breaker
How old is Brian Orser?? I just watched a B.ESP version of Javi's short program and he is in the back ground jumping around like a cheerleader. :cheer: I love it!!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
After reading the protocols, I watched only Boyang JIN to be blown away by that incredible 4lutz-3toe combination.
The 4 quad toe late into the program was also very impressive.
Then, of course he does not have the complete package yet, but the boy is only 18 ! Western coaches much needed, though, I agree.

OTOH, it is so frustrating to see Han YAN making mistakes (again!!). If he doesn't deliver this season, I'll give up on him.

But Han is 19, barely older than Boyang. Isn't it a little early to give up on him? He's not quite in Michal/Florent headcase territory yet...

I like his coach after watching that documentary about them, but I do wonder if maybe it's time for him to work with someone else, if his fed would allow it. He definitely needs a new choreographer.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm in love with Javi's SP.
I watched it again and it was even more impressive than the first time. Just watch his arms :drama:
(don't kill me, but his interpretation is Takahashi level right now)

DannyCurry

On the Ice
But Han is 19, barely older than Boyang. Isn't it a little early to give up on him? He's not quite in Michal/Florent headcase territory yet...

I like his coach after watching that documentary about them, but I do wonder if maybe it's time for him to work with someone else, if his fed would allow it. He definitely needs a new choreographer.

I'm just so frustrated, because I think he has great skating skills (especially for a Chinese skater) and can nail some wonderful jumps in practice (and at times in competition), but he's not consistent when he competes, and has yet to learn how to sell a program. I see/used to see great potential in him and I want to see him deliver, but so far I mostly ended up disappointed.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Brian is 53.

Really, I'm glad to hear that because I turned 50 in April and I still jump around like a dork when my students perform. BTW, Who designs Javi's costumes?? He looks Fantastic. :2thumbs:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are the torches and pitchforks going to come out if I didn't really like Javier's SP? :hopelessness:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Are the torches and pitchforks going to come out if I didn't really like Javier's SP? :hopelessness:

No. We already know of your questionable taste when you went bonkers over Max's SP.