2015 JGP Colorado Springs Mens FS Sep 4 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Mens FS Sep 4

A.H.Black

Final Flight
That's the Nathan I knew was coming. There were some flashes of maturity in there - great hope for the rest of the season. He has been so patient - now it's time.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Nathan cleaned house with that skate. The quads were more effortless than his 3a.
Too bad Sota's triple axels left him this competition :scowl:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Slaythan Cute Cute Cute :love::cheer::dance::cheer2:
Edit: Borrowed this nickname from live chat, which sorta exploded during Nathan's skate.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The last group was surprisingly good. I know Nathan is super hardworking but today he also proved his talent. His shoulders do not look as stiff as last season either.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Daniel get silver and Sota gets bronze! NATHAN GETS GOLD.\

Today was a good day.

Yup!

Sorry I disappeared...I was on live chat, as was CKH, and somebody called Sota Yamamoto Sofa by accident and then we were all coming up with furniture puns. It was so great :laugh2:

Also, Nathan is now both Slaythan and Baethan, apparently. And Daniel Samohin has a HUGE following I didn't know about...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yup!

Sorry I disappeared...I was on live chat, as was CKH, and somebody called Sota Yamamoto Sofa by accident and then we were all coming up with furniture puns. It was so great :laugh2:

Also, Nathan is now both Slaythan and Baethan, apparently. And Daniel Samohin has a HUGE following I didn't know about...

I'm PinkCircleO8 on YouTube.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Protocols are up. Nathan still got level 3s on his spins. Once he gets those levels up, the scores will follow.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, some of the stuff I've posted on my thing might have some vague personal information in it, so I can't really give it out. But, in the event you figured it out, please don't tell anyone. I'd prefer to remain anonymous.

I know who you are. ;)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Nathan Chen=COMPETITOR

Great competition. These guys brought it tonight, especially considering the altitude. Jump-wise, they left the other two JGP events in the dust. Not surprised. The lineup was pretty incredible. Daniel & Yaroslav knew they had nothing to lose after the short. I really think that paid off for us--the viewers--in the long. (Terrific attack in their jumps). Sota's program has wonderful potential. And Nathan . . . it's one thing to put it all on the line when you're coming from behind. Entirely different to do it from the lead. That axle is back. The quad is solid. But it's that competitive mindset I think is very, very dangerous. Awesome.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Good comp!
Congrats to top 3
Esp Daniel!:yay:
aw I wish I was in the same timezone & could express my love to Nam personally:cry:

lovely musc choices
Hobbit & Got got me pumped
Now I wanna know what the 3rd music used in that programm was!

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Nathan was in the league of his own. And Sota was a dissapointment. One thing though. Slow-mo showed a good deal of prerotation in Nathan's 3A. Judges neglected that just leaving him with 0 GOE. In the future that may not work out so that he should focus on that.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
overall it was great event, amazing last group and some surprises!!
WOW NATHAN! he was very focused and determined and sure of himself! he knew he would do it and he did! there wasnt much performance until StSq but he really came alive to me (still room to grow obviously but better than his previous performances at least), his air position is so tight almost like his arms are glued to his body :laugh: i think he should train and perform 3Lz3Lo at least at his SP, i dont know whats wrong with his spins but i am sure they will fix it

i am kinda sad for Sota but he pulled through and landed his 1st 4T!!! i hope he will get gold at next event and qualify for JGPF (that competition has some of my other favourites though, its gonna be really hard for me ): ) :cheer:

i dont enjoy Daniel as much but his performance was great and he stayed in character until the end! (btw i find Michal more charismatic without being over the top and his good looks may affect my opinion :biggrin: ) btw i noticed that one of arms isnt close to him at his air position, would it cause a skater to lean/lose axis? i noticed it for some other skaters as well
one of the biggest surprise for me was Yaroslav, yes he didnt much going on apart from jumps but he is still young and has time
when i was watching James i also thought he looks just like young Nam, glad to hear Nam agrees haha

Mitsuki has great jumps but his programs has no life(it was really obvious when it came to his StSq, i know its not fair to compare juniors with Yuzuru, emotion he brought for that SP was just amazing, but still :hopelessness:), he really needs to work on that, once he gets that its gonna be exciting!

seems like UR calls hurt Si Hyeong, otherwise he would be ahead of Mitsuki and Nicholas (btw as i was watching Nicholas i couldnt help but thinking "why is he skating to La Strada but wearing POTO costume XD but he has got great knee bend at his landings! ")

i enjoy Tomoki but he didnt look like he was enjoying and when you are skating to Charlie Chaplin program you have to sell it (Koshiro's LP still remains as the best CC program of the season for me so far XD )

medal ceremony was fun but while Nathan and Daniel were having fun Sota was just standing there, i hope he will improve his english and join the conversation :laugh:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Nathan was in the league of his own. And Sota was a dissapointment. One thing though. Slow-mo showed a good deal of prerotation in Nathan's 3A. Judges neglected that just leaving him with 0 GOE. In the future that may not work out so that he should focus on that.

Well, I wasn't disappointed. Relieved actually. Considering he's been popping his 3A lately and only recently got his 4T, I'd say he did a pretty good job. Proud of him for attacking those jumps rather than bailing out. :)

Congratulations to Nathan for having two amazing, clean skates.
And great FS by Daniel. He's always exciting to watch.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I was very impressed by Nathan. His jumps are great, but what struck me most of all was his confidence and determination to win. It was as if he were saying , yes, I'm finally free of the injuries that have been hampering me, and I'm going to fly! And kudos to him for holding it together skating last, with the pressure of being the front runner. Great skate, and I liked this choice of music for him.

Layback11

Record Breaker
So, having seen what we've seen so far (here and at Glacier Falls), would you peg Nathan as the favorite for the Junior World title? Or do you think he might medal in seniors, in which case they'd send him to senior worlds, a la Polina in the Olympic season?