2015 Skate America Ladies FS Oct 24 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ladies FS Oct 24

zamboni step

Final Flight
So you is like the low key version of GG or something. So much talent but is nvr able to put it all together.

I would argue that she's a more interesting skater when she's on, even if Gracie is the better skater overall.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah's not last anymore. Feel bad for So-Youn - not sure what was going on there with her spins. Hope she's okay.

Eislauf

On the Ice
I agree about Mariah FS not being memorable at all... The music is kind of heavy, maybe too sophisticated for her

Agree. And imho, her edgy-looking costume seems mismatched with both the music as well as her own classical, elegant, balletic style. If you have to explain the concept of your costume, sorry, it's not working. I found her costume so distracting that I couldn't pay as much attention to her actual skating.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So Youn had a really off day huh... she looked kind of not there the entire time, glad she got 2 3Lzs out and that pesky 3Lo but huge shame about the single jumps and that 3S.

Yeah her practice reports wasn't good. Was a bit worried. Oh well, dust it off and do better next time.

I love Haruka's costume and those colours.

nieves

On the Ice
Oh my, I was thinking exact the same thing. It is a program for Yuna-like skaters!

She needs to attack it a little more and be more theatrical in her facial expressions. So much potential though, I hope she can get it together for the next showing.

Icey

Record Breaker
I kept thinking of Michelle's RV building up to the wonderful/ dramatic ending.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Whoa, Park's LP is FANTASTIC in terms of music choice and choreography, but it needs someone better to skate it too. This is the kind of program that gets you to the top of the podium in the right hands. I kept thinking that this would've been a perfect program for Yuna Kim to skate to.

I agree about her program! I really enjoyed it and she looked absolutely stunning. But not her day. :(

clippers8200

On the Ice
Does anyone know why So Youn switched her 3S and her 2A?

From her practice, it looks like she was trying to change to a 3Lz, 2A-3T, 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 2A-3T-2T, and then do a single 3S at the end into her flying camel...I have no idea why - her 3S/3T has generally been more consistent than her 2A/3T...

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Yeah her practice reports wasn't good. Was a bit worried. Oh well, dust it off and do better next time.

I love Haruka's costume and those colours.

I like Haruka's costume too but I can't get into her facial expressions and I'm not a fan of this choreography

MIM

Medalist
SY really needs to work on her spin. Sigh.... Hope she does clean programs at the next event.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Haruka also looks gorgeous- this might be one of my favorite costumes of all time.

She fought really hard for all the jumps, really too bad about the mistakes.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haruka IMAI (JPN)

Music: Piano Concerto by Saint-Preux

Aqua blue dress, sparkly flower one-shoulder

2A+3T
3F+2T+2Lo
3Lz - hangs on
LSp
StSq
2A+3T - scratchy, looked at least 3T<
3F - fall, maybe <
1Lo
3S - skid landing, hangs on
ChSq
FCSp
CCoSp3p

Good start, but messy 2nd half

FS: 50.54+52.59-1.00 = 102.13, 158.65, 4/4

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Oh So Youn... It is hard being your fan :drama: That first 2A was so huge and had so much speed on exit, you could easily put a quad behind it! But still <3 you.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I love piano music, but this is just the same single tune over and over again. Ugh. And Haruka Imai's skating isn't helping.