2015 Skate America Ladies FS Oct 24 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ladies FS Oct 24

tulosai

Record Breaker
First things first, Park looks stunning.

I liked this program the first time I saw it but now I'm not sure. The music is really hard to skate to and I think she might be the tiniest bit out of her depth.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
*sniff* that was beautiful and heart breaking at the same time... Ohh So Youn....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
So Youn PARK (KOR)

Music: Red Violin

Red one-shoulder dress, shredded grey skirt

3Lz
2A+2T - meant to be 2-3
3F
StSq
3Lo
3Lz+1T - turnout
2A+3T+2T
LSp
ChSq
3S - fall
FCSp - wonky entry, low camel
CCoSp2p - camel not held, traveling I-spin

Some problems, changed her layout since Finlandia. Spin problems (that camel, ugh!)

FS: 54.38+52.50-1.00 = 105.88, 159.66, 3/3

Last edited:

zamboni step

Final Flight
Ugh...Park started out like fire, and those two spins absolutely ruined any momentum that program carried, it'll be interesting to see how well it translates if she skates it clean though.

Weathergal

Medalist
First things first, Park looks stunning.

I liked this program the first time I saw it but now I'm not sure. The music is really hard to skate to and I think she might be the tiniest bit out of her depth.

Agreed--just don't feel like she's carrying it.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Whoa, Park's LP is FANTASTIC in terms of music choice and choreography, but it needs someone better to skate it too. This is the kind of program that gets you to the top of the podium in the right hands. I kept thinking that this would've been a perfect program for Yuna Kim to skate to.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
So Youn had a really off day huh... she looked kind of not there the entire time, glad she got 2 3Lzs out and that pesky 3Lo but huge shame about the single jumps and that 3S.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
So you is like the low key version of GG or something. So much talent but is nvr able to put it all together.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
SoYoun seemed so off her program, but I was really happy she could pull off the last combination, it was a highlight! And so many spin troubles =( I don't think this music does her any favors. :eek:hwell:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So youn looks slower, and heavier than last season. Her music is not my cup of tea though she is very lovely in person.

JayW

Final Flight
Whoa, Park's LP is FANTASTIC in terms of music choice and choreography, but it needs someone better to skate it too. I kept thinking that this would've been a perfect program for Yuna Kim to skate to.

Oh my, I was thinking exact the same thing. It is a program for Yuna-like skaters!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
With a better SP score this girl can make the podium at Euros depending on Russians mistakes.

Perhaps, but anyway the European women need more competition. Great to see Nicole doing so well in her free skate :)