2015 Skate America Ladies SP Oct 23 | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ladies SP Oct 23

yuki

Final Flight
A Poodle skirt for Lip might be better lol than that paint box number she wore. Was it suppose to be tie died/psychedelic? Maybe a female version of one of Elvis's costumes LOL??????

I don't find that dress as ugly as many here do, but the concept of it baffles me. It should be 50s/early 60s in style. Elvis has nothing to do with the hippie/psychedelic culture.

Kittosuni

Medalist
If Eteri can choose a lovely dress for evgenia why cant she do it for julia?? Unless zueva did it for her. Gracie's dress is very beautiful, very simple.

Layback11

Record Breaker
If Eteri can choose a lovely dress for evgenia why cant she do it for julia?? Unless zueva did it for her. Gracie's dress is very beautiful, very simple.

Absolutely. Evgenia's was gorgeous and very age appropriate, which was a big step up from last year. Gracie's was much better than her last one for this program-I love the simplicity. But Yulia's? Ooouuuch. It was not pretty. :no: it's worse in person...:hopelessness:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I don't find that dress as ugly as many here do, but the concept of it baffles me. It should be 50s/early 60s in style. Elvis has nothing to do with the hippie/psychedelic culture.

I agree with you on that one, but her dress was not the only one with a mismatch to the music. Miyu and Nicole, for example?

Icey

Record Breaker
I loved how one suddenly realized Gracie's dress was lined with bold red. Until then I was thinking too much black.

NaVi

Medalist

The biggest issue is the concept... and not the style.... and by concept, it's not even 50s vs a later timer period... the dress doesn't fit with the "looks like an angel, devil in disquise" dichotomy.

Yulia may have chose it herself(with the likely inspiration being Ekaterina Mitrofonova's dress from last year) ... Eteri has said on a few occasions that she gives more freedom to Yulia than to others and Yulia chose her outfits last year.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

My guess is they wanted people still talking about lipnitskaya while she's going through technical issues this season,
Kinda like when Nicki Minaj has a badly criticised album with mediocre sales and has to make videos
about her *** and stuff to stay in the news

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I would have a designer make a white, angelic looking dress with a scarlet lining / underskirt that she could play with in the 'devil in disguise' bit. Maybe too literal, but I don't get the point of the dress she has.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
There hasn't been any tech boxes in the arena, so we all seem to be in the dark about what's going on till the final scores pop up. I don't mind, I kinda like it that way, else I'd be too directed to watch the actual skater.

yuki

Final Flight
The biggest issue is the concept... and not the style.... and by concept, it's not even 50s vs a later timer period... the dress doesn't fit with the "looks like an angel, devil in disquise" dichotomy.

The program is not really choreographed around that dichotomy either.
Tie dye dress aside, this is the most engaged I've seen Yulia on the ice for quite some time. If she likes it, more power to her.

goldenbear

Rinkside
Did Russia pay U.S. or something? The scoring seems weird...
I agree that Evgenia was the best technically, but she's fresh out of juniors and I honestly don't think she deserved 30+ PCS.
Also, jumping with one arm over her head every damn time gets so annoying...
Maybe I'll get used to her skating, but it seems like an unrefined, darker version of Radionova's.

Satoko seemed nervous at first, but she fought through the program.
And she drastically improved her performance skills (I was surprised at her expressivity).
Honestly, she should have been 2nd (even with 3F<), but it's skate America,
so it's no surprise that Gracie was favored (even with an invalid element).

I don't care about other skaters, but will be interested in seeing if anyone other than the current top 3 will deliver a perfect FS to make to the podium.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I agree that Evgenia was the best today...but it pains me that she can get such high PCS right off the mark (deservedly) but equally deserving Satoko has to scratch and claw her way up the PCS ladder...the slooooow way around. Her jumps are small, but everything else about her skating is so wonderful to me.
Good thing Satoko is a tough cookie. She'll keep going at it until she gets the respect she deserves.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Tursynbaeva was received warmly by the crowd. I think everyone was enamored by her tiny size, and she appeared nervous in the early part of her program, when she made some silly mistakes. :cry: Hope she does better tomorrow!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I think Medvedeva carries herself very nicely in the SP,

I'm not enraged by high 7s for this, She's still 2 whole marks behind Gracie