2016 Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies FS

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
It'll be the first time in five years Ashley won't be at GPF. :sad21:

By my calculation, Ashley is still 4th in the GPF points; she wins the tiebreak with Mihara & Tukt. After next week, she's in if Anna does well again and Miyahara or is 4th or worse. Sotskova 5th or worse. So, go Mirai or Karen!

Last edited:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
By my calculation, Ashley is still 4th in the GPF points; she wins the tiebreak with Mihara & Tukt. After next week, she's in if Anna does well again and either Miyahara or Sotskova is 4th or worse. So, go Mirai or Karen!

Wakaba 2nd beats Ashley, though. You're also assuming Wakaba is 3rd or lower.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
best jumping of the day... disappointed with the program though... not much content in there.

Tastes differ. The program has some distinctive character and Liza cleanly executed many jumps in great qualities sans two wobbly landings while her competitors floored all over the place which severely disconnected the overall flows and choreography as well.

Last edited:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Why ask if you already seem to know why she's juniorish to me? I mean a green dress...that practically screams kid. *s*

Oh so, a senior has to be: scared, depressed, all in black, skating to a disaster movie music, not allowed to enjoy the skating

Okay then :whack:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wakaba 2nd beats Ashley, though.

Here's a simple scenario where Ashley would still be in:
Podium of Anna P. Maria S. and Mirai/Alaine/Karen

Anna and Maria would secure spots. The podium above means Wakaba/Satoko are in 4th, which would give the 20 points but lose the tiebreaker to Ashley.

MIM

Medalist
Mai took the bronze at Skate Am. She did great on both of her programs there. I hope she has a great future. She seems like a cute kid!
I know... she is a breath if fresh air and did amazingly well for someone just out of junior.
I was referring that she made couple mistakes on jumps on the second half at the sc. i wished she had cleaned that up here, but .... oh well... there is always next time,,,

omg i am super grumpy. i need to sleep!!

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Weren't you one of many complaining about how everyone seems to unfairly have a conspiracy about Canadian over scoring at home?

Grow up. :rolleye:

Okay mom! What I meant if you had asked, was we have a technical panel that actually makes calls, as per their job description. Assume much, gravy?

Last edited:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

Anna and Maria would secure spots. The podium above means Wakaba/Satoko are in 4th, which would give the 20 points but lose the tiebreaker to Ashley.

Nice way to put it.
I don't see it happening, especially for Satoko and also because it's in Japan.
:laugh2:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

That would involve some supreme intervention where Satoko lost all her jumps by next week. :laugh:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
By my calculation, Ashley is still 4th in the GPF points; she wins the tiebreak with Mihara & Tukt. After next week, she's in if Anna does well again and Miyahara or is 4th or worse. Sotskova 5th or worse. So, go Mirai or Karen!

Oh, well, thank you for doing these calculations. It is always good to do the math, or sit down and figure it out logically after the first emotion is spent. :) And I agree, go Mirai and/or Karen! :cool:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Okay mom! What I mean if you had asked, was we have a technical panel that actually makes calls, as per their job description. Assume much, gravy?

I agree! We could've used one of those in Mississauga. ;)

*Disclaimer: this is a joke. But it is annoying when you just randomly accuse competitions of being fixed, right?

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I didn't say it was likely. But it's not impossible.

Oh, I wasn't saying you thought that! :) I was just pointing out what it would take.

Thanks for the analysis though. :agree:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh so, a senior has to be: scared, depressed, all in black, skating to a disaster movie music, not allowed to enjoy the skating

Okay then :whack:

I was being sarcastic. I think she doesn't emote and doesn't interpret her music. She skates like a junior which is not surprising as this is her first senior season. It's not her fault, she can only advance. For me personally she's juniorish, the whole package. No matter the music or the dress, she doesn't interpret and just skates her program, going through the motions. She could've impressed me if she had added another combo after her mistake. But I think she's still too stiff for that quick thinking. Which is something Radionova did at the same age already.

matcha

Medalist
Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010 36m

I work too hard to skate like that. I also will take this for what it is and move on. See you all at Nationals 👊🏻

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Chen has wonderful musicality and is a very mature performer. Most impressive American lady after Mariah Bell IMO.