2016 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Ladies SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Na Hyun do a triple loop + triple loop?

I thought someone said recently on a GS thread that this combination isn't normally skated any more because it is associated with hip injury or chronic hip problems. Can anyone inform me better or correct me about this? (I'm obsessed by small girls causing injury to themselves, as I'm sure you can tell, and I've always heard that 3Lo+3Lo was what caused Tara Lipinsky's early retirement.)

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Oh I see. Shows how much I [don't] know. :laugh:

edit: No, FAR from the first time. But I don't usually watch uninterrupted live streams, and the ones I watched usually cutaway to commercials during these downtime. First time seeing hole-fillers. :p

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay. Two Australian ladies down, and I'm still here, even if Katie's plummeting TES and Kailani's combination tried to give me heart attacks. Come on Brooklee!

Perdita

Final Flight
Japanese TV now playing Kaetlyn! Ah... Kaetlyn's 2A is defenetly one of my most favourite jumps in the current field. Such a shame :(

I actually am not a fan of Edith Piaff's La Vie en Rose either... I personally like Yves Montand's version.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Okay. Two Australian ladies down, and I'm still here, even if Katie's plummeting TES and Kailani's combination tried to give me heart attacks. Come on Brooklee!

i love Broklees originality! and her music choices ar always the best!

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
soo apparently they really love Christina Aguilera over there in Taiwan... :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The cameraman went looking for the kangaroo, but Team Australia must have it backstage ready for Brooklee so instead he got a row of very srsbns Australian skaters :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck Veronik, hopefully she will land her hugeee 3-3 ; Karen and So Youn , please skate clean, btw i really love So Youn's new dress, design of the side pattern? looks so awesome :luv17:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I'm excited for Da Bin Choi but sort of dreading "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now"...

me too :hopelessness: i really dislike the singer,everything about the program screams " junior" to me, such a shame cause she is amazing

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think I picked the right time to restart my computer.

When I left it was a rocked up version of that awful song that people seem to want to turn into our National Anthem, "Danny Boy".

And when I came back, it was "All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun". Now, that is an improvement!

Is Karen Chen's family originally from Taiwan? It's just she got a VERY big cheer when she was introduced at the start of the warm-up.

There again, Da-Bin got just as big a cheer!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
11 Veronik MALLET (CAN)

Music: Waltz No. 7 by Frederic Chopin

Dust pink dress, white sparkly bust/straps

3T+3T - twofoot, looked +3T<
3Lo - turnout
FSSp
LSp2
2A
StSq
CCoSp3p

Mistakes on 2 jumping passes. Nice skater, needs bit more oomph

SP: 27.11+24.77 = 51.88, 4/11

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Veronik - great choice of music for her. She expresses the various tempos of the Chopin very beautifully.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kangaroo spotting: someone on Team Brooklee has it. You could see it in the background of Veronik's last spin as Brooklee got ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Go Brooklee! :yay:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
me too :hopelessness: i really dislike the singer,everything about the program screams " junior" to me, such a shame cause she is amazing

Exactly, but at least she looks happy skating to it. It's better to see her selling it like Radionova rather then going stone-faced throughout a program.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Lol I just found out Madonna just had her tour concert at this arena