2016 JGP Mordovia Mens FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Mens FS

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Andrew a little overscored in my opinon, maybe Matyas deserved more the silver at least for the Free Skate.

I'm surprised to see Petr off the podium.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow.....I honestly didn't expect that high of a score for Andrew to be honest. His artistry was there. But the jumps....very shaky.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Bronze for Matyas! :yahoo:

Can't wait to see more from him. 11th and 14th in 2014, no assignments last year, and now 9th and 3rd. He's moving on up.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, if Samarin could get 73 in PCS... when he wasn't better that Andrew or even Matyas and Petr in that department...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah, I like Andrew a lot, but I'm not sure about that score for those 2 programs. I guess the placements are ok, but honestly Petr was a bit robbed in PCS yesterday at least :eek:hwell:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Yeah, I like Andrew a lot, but I'm not sure about that score for those 2 programs. I guess the placements are ok, but honestly Petr was a bit robbed in PCS yesterday at least :eek:hwell:

he made a mistake, I predict Nugumanova will also placed 4th or 5th
both of "Mishin's" young star pupils have problems either underrotations, the one has no 3Axel, so I think it impacted his PCS score.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Andrew wasn't really overscored anywhere, imo. He's a class above Samarin(and most of the men's field, really in terms of SS) in components, so I think a 67.94 for a technically flawed skate is hardly outrageous. The most generous calls were probably on his lutz, which he did get a ! for, but that's about it.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Andrew wasn't really overscored anywhere, imo. He's a class above Samarin(and most of the men's field, really in terms of SS) in components, so I think a 67.94 for a technically flawed skate is hardly outrageous. The most generous calls were probably on his lutz, which he did get a ! for, but that's about it.

I think the scoring and placements were fair enough, definitely Torgashev deserves higher PCS, his skating skills are above the rest too...

s_parks

Record Breaker
Anyways, pretty impressive considering he's been off with injury and hasn't competed in a year and a half. Hope he can do better on the jumps in Germany.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Even Krasnozhon wore US form in the last season, there is nothing political. :)
considering Krasnozhon is even more of a US patriot than some americans that prog or outfit wasnt at all surprising :laugh:

but honestly Petr was a bit robbed in PCS yesterday at least
ugh I just knew my bean will be off the podium
& Liza will be too tomorrow I predict like 100%
so I guess I should boycott this comp:bed::slink:
no home scoring!:tantrum: where's my #revengeforYokohamaaaaa:drama:

Congrats to Mattyas & Andrew tho! really liked both! Really happy Andrew is back!:agree:

Last edited:

shmay

On the Ice
Andrew's 3A setup is worrisome...and he really needs better programs. But his performance quality has improved since 2014-2015.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Andrew's 3A setup is worrisome...and he really needs better programs. But his performance quality has improved since 2014-2015.

yeah, last week we were talking about Jun Hwan's long set up for 3A (which is a lot better than last season) but Andrew's is a lot worse :slink: but i agree that his performance ability is awesome! such a little diva

and congratulations to my baby panther Matyas :love: i love the program, very detailed and almost all jumps perfectly timed with the music, but i esp love his walk in stsq, and it was great to see them sooooo happy at K&C, Tomas might be the happiest coach i saw at K&C (maybe except Brian :biggrin:), just look at them

Rissa

Record Breaker
I'm so impressed by Samarin. I remember being mehb about him last season but this year he stepped it up. Maybe because I love his music choices. He could have more umph to the heavier parts of Scorpions (Daniel Samohin was killing those parts) but he pulls off the ballads very nicely, so I hope he'll become more comfortable in time.

Andrew Torgashev's version of Bohemian Rhapsody was surprisingly decent. I'm generally not in favor of cutting out Freddie's voice but the lyrics of that song certainly don't fit a 15 yo.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I didn't remember much about Samarin's last season, but didn't feel at all that he skated like Kovtun. However what happened to him during the off-season....He is another version of Kovtun.

I think I'm the only one liking the deepest V-necklined costume of Andrew. :cool: His music is Queen's song, so I think the costume fits well for the program.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yeah, last week we were talking about Jun Hwan's long set up for 3A (which is a lot better than last season) but Andrew's is a lot worse :slink: but i agree that his performance ability is awesome! such a little diva

and congratulations to my baby panther Matyas :love: i love the program, very detailed and almost all jumps perfectly timed with the music, but i esp love his walk in stsq, and it was great to see them sooooo happy at K&C, Tomas might be the happiest coach i saw at K&C (maybe except Brian :biggrin:), just look at them
If Adam Rippon can improve his setup on his 3axel which used to take forever then Andrew at 15 can do the same. No doubt he just got the jump stable in the last few months so its a new jump for him. The fact is the 3axel is the hardest jump for most of the Men to master even harder then a quad. You have former World Champions who barely could do that jump but could do quads.

Last edited:

MasterB

Final Flight
Petr - Nice young skater, has lots of talent, can't wait what he will skate like 3 years from now.

Andrew - Has amazing technique except for that 3 axel. He and Nathan cannot do 3axels to save their lives.

Samarin - no personality but great skate for him.

Matyas - OOOzess personality, take notice world, once he masters the jumps he will be a contender.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
If Adam Rippon can improve his setup on his 3axel which used to take forever then Andrew at 15 can do the same. No doubt he just got the jump stable in the last few months so its a new jump for him. The fact is the 3axel is the hardest jump for most of the Men to master even harder then a quad. You have former World Champions who barely could do that jump but could do quads.

Maybe it's because I'm just an old man who recently retired that I am watching more and more figure skating and really becoming a student. I absolutely agree with this comment! I remember watching Dick Jenkins (most of you are probably too young to even know the name) do a triple axel and thinking to myself "how in the world does he do that". I started skating thanks to him and my career lasted about 1 year when I broke my wrist doing a single axel, enough said:( Seeing these young men these days doing quads like they are nothing and the triple axels is astounding! All of the injuries worry me though as more and more young ladies and young men have hip injuries, ankle injuries and knee injuries at such early ages.