2016 NHK Trophy Ladies SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One is underrotated and one is downgraded.

Although I learned this week that the < can also mean a cheated take off so it could be a cheated take off-underrotation I guess. I guess if you got all three it would be <<< ?

Why not go for the jugular. 3z <<<!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Is there a traditional Polish christmas food? I have made Stollens but they are German (I might have spelled that wrong).

I miss my very English mother making plum pudding at christmas and setting it ablaze. Christmas isn't any fun without the danger of self immolation.

yes, there are some dishes served just for this one meal, but also more 'popular' ones, like dumplings, definitely looking forward to that feast :love:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
my idea to lighten the mood is to let US users brag a bit what delicious they had on Thanksgiving dinner <salivate>
with pictures!:dance:

I need to wait til New year's celebration to get delicious food:biggrin:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is there a traditional Polish christmas food? I have made Stollens but they are German (I might have spelled that wrong).

I miss my very English mother making plum pudding at christmas and setting it ablaze. Christmas isn't any fun without the danger of self immolation.

We have tradition that there should be 12 kinds of food (food may differ gravely depending on what your family tradition is), I'm not sure what all of them are called in English, but my favourite is this: http://www.mojegotowanie.pl/media/c...38e81c8e0f5f19e39d319eceda0aaab9afa3f333.jpeg :love:

Lol at Wakaba having lower GOE on 2A than Satoko. Had Mirai not lost levels on spins, she might've been ahead of satoko.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We have tradition that there should be 12 kinds of food (food may differ gravely depending on what your family tradition is), I'm not sure what all of them are called in English, but my favourite is this: http://www.mojegotowanie.pl/media/c...38e81c8e0f5f19e39d319eceda0aaab9afa3f333.jpeg :love:

Lol at Wakaba having lower GOE on 2A than Satoko. Had Mirai not lost levels on spins, she might've been ahead of satoko.

Is that some kind of beet soup with dumplings?

I think I want to go and have Polish Christmas. I did do Ukrainian Christmas a few times since my best friend growing up family was from the Ukraine. I even did 2 years of Ukraine dancing with him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kinda after the fact, but what is that shoulder thing? / decoration? supposed to be on Anna's costume? Looks like it might be the critter that chased Sam out by his car!

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I think my general expectations for this event were too big...:slink:

1. Anna Pogorilaya: Nice to see her throw down another clean performance! Still can't quite understand the PCS, but I enjoy her skating and it's great to see her so happy on the ice and in the KnC.
2. Maria Sotskova: Great performance, wonderful jumps, but a little empty? I like Maria and she's super consistency but her presentation is a bit reserved so I always find myself expecting more from her in that aspect.
3. Satoko Miyahara: Despite being a Satoko fan, I have to agree that the score was a bit too high. Either the lutz should've been downgraded or the PCS should've been slightly lower (imo the PCS for the top 3 were all a bit overscored). Also, I always loved Satoko's programs, but honestly this one is still disappointing to me. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to like it by the end of the season.
4. Mirai Nagasu: Great redemption by Mirai! Since she can't get to the final, I'm hoping that she can skate well with lots of freedom tomorrow. Unfortunately the GOEs she's receiving are getting notably lower than before (like the layback and the 3Lo). I wonder how that will affect her in the FS.
5. Wakaba Higuchi: She's really growing on me every time I watch her. The program is nice and the jumps are fantastic. But it's too bad we couldn't see her jumps at their best here, with the mistakes and all. I hope she can have a good skate in front of the home audience tomorrow.
6. Yura Matsuda: Nice skate from Yura, though my stream was acting weird when she was skating so I'll have to watch it again.
7. Karen Chen: This program is also growing on me. It's unique, creative, and it has the potential to provide a great impact if it is clean, imo. It's sad to see that Karen is so talented but her inconsistency keeps bringing her down. If she skates a great FS, she could move up by a lot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we are not sure... either a dead black cat or a dead grouse
Kinda after the fact, but what is that shoulder thing? / decoration supposed to be on Anna's costume? Looks like it might be the critter that chased Sam out by his car!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
beet soup with dumplings????

yes, it's delish, believe me, with right seasoning and rich flavour of dumplings it's one of my faves too, I even sometimes talked my mum to do it outside of Christmas season:love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria

I actually like Satoko's 2A, it's her best jump imo. Mirai would be ahead of Satoko if Satoko would have received the full downgrade on the 3Lz. Although one could argue that Mirai's 3T should have been fully downgraded as well. The only thing I can't understand is why Anna's 3T was considered to be underrotated, I think it was well within that 1/4 rotation.

MIM

Medalist
Satoko
1. Satoko's 3Lz in the second half was (even though pre-rotated a lot) 1/2 short when landing, and border line between < and <<.
2. Her 3Lo2T in the second half has nice exit choreo she just added.
3. Satoko has exceptionally good footwork sq. that gave her lv4 with 1.40 GOE.

Mirai
1. 3T< in her combo
2. 3Lo in the second half could have earned more GOE but only 0.70.
3. Mirai's STSQ was tense, a little slow.... lv3 0.64 GOE
4. Mirai had a higher BV, but it was GOE and PCS she got less than Satoko.

The difference is less than 1 point...