2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

tzazu

Medalist
And now it's time to get outta here, before people begin to whine and say trashy things because this one is better, and the other bla bla, and in SC was bla, and in the other was blabla, and my favourite is being sabotage because look his PCs, and so without an end:biggrin::thank:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
so Kolyada got +GOE on his messed quad toe.

what on eartth ?!!?!?!

Uno getting +1.14 on his messed 3a landing :roll9:
and +0.7 on messy quad flip landing

If the ISU wants to save money, get ride of the judges and sit some kids down there with flashy number cards they hold up after every element. Probably about as accurate, way more adorable.

krika

Spectator
Anyway I expect Javi to do well at Worlds next years. Big chance he will surpass Chan's 2 World titles. My advice, Hanyu and Chan should start to worry about Shoma Uno who now has the TES to match and is now earning higher PCS than them for similarly flawed performances

Chan is a 3 times World champion!;)

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
And now it's time to get outta here, before people begin to whine and say trashy things because this one is better, and the other bla bla, and in SC was bla, and in the other was blabla, and my favourite is being sabotage because look his PCs, and so without an end:biggrin::thank:

Wiser words have never been spoken. Or written...or typed, however you want it.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

And micro analyzing the protocol to find one score to argue for pages and judge bashing.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I don't know how likely that is, not much I think, but I'd be thrilled. That gorgeous FS ... mmm.

But if not Jason, then who? It feels a bit like it always does with the guys, dropping like flies, and the last one standing gets it :laugh:

Also, Jason would look good in the GPF :love:

Osmiumnitrate

Rinkside
If the ISU wants to save money, get ride of the judges and sit some kids down there with flashy number cards they hold up after every element. Probably about as accurate, way more adorable.

Probably still better judging than that judge who gave +2 on a messed up Kolyada quad toe.

chloepoco

Medalist

Best post of this thread! So many snarky comments, especially towards Javier and Shoma.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
But if not Jason, then who? It feels a bit like it always does with the guys, dropping like flies, and the last one standing gets it :laugh:
Also, Jason would look good in the GPF :love:

I am trying not to jinx him. You are ruining my mojo :laugh: He has a small chance to qualify. Tiny. Very tiny. We'll prop him up with poles if need be, as long as he ends up up-right.

He would, wouldn't he? Le sigh. :love:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Congrats to the three medalists :yahoo:.

Also, special congrats to Max Aaron, for a short while, I thought he'd end up fourth overall, and that'd have been great for him. Well done Max :).

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I don't know how likely that is, not much I think, but I'd be thrilled. That gorgeous FS ... mmm.

As long as he medals at NHK he should make it. Even if Boyang wins COC a Bronze would still put Jason in over him. And i do think the podium is realistic for Jason at NHK. A silver with a high tie breaker score (his score at SA was higher than Chan's at SC) is not exactly an unlikely candidate for the GPF.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
My advice for you is to take math lessons. Hanyu holds the highest TES ever with 3 quads, while he added this year another 9 points BV to his FS.

Like that matters, he is going to bomb the FS anyway. His last good LP performance was at Worlds 2014 and I wasn't impress by that performance and Machida should have won the title. Its been 4 years since his R&J performance and his fans are still hoping he could replicate that again at Worlds/Olympics. Hanyu and Chan's expected level at these major competitions are their disaster skates at the Olympics and their blatantly overscored programs in WC 2013 for Chan and WC 2016 for Hanyu.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Probably still better judging than that judge who gave +2 on a messed up Kolyada quad toe.

Agree how can you give a +GEO on a messed up jump? Well,sad to say that FS is based on judging and if a judge favor a skater over the other it shows:no:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am trying not to jinx him. You are ruining my mojo :laugh: He has a small chance to qualify. Tiny. Very tiny. We'll prop him up with poles if need be, as long as he ends up up-right.

I like the dark horse status Jason is in now. Gives the potential for surprises.

jan

On the Ice
I think it is quite fine to critique scores especially those that are subjective in nature. A clean skate does not automatically give higher PCS scores. Fernandez lacks the run of the blade and edge quality of Chan. He is much weaker in this area. As well if you are spending much of your program on a flat edge or on two feet then it is easier to complete the elements. Ask Hanyu. He tries extremely difficult footwork but it takes a lot lout of him. Skating with quality is more difficult. So we are right to question Fernandez's scores. It helps keep the integrity of the sport of Figure Skating.

Best post of this thread! So many snarky comments, especially towards Javier and Shoma.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

:laugh: I'll take one of these poles alright! I haven't said out loud before that I think he has a good chance, I only thought it and hoped that wouldn't count for jinxing. But by now... I think he honestly has a shot. And the french would love him! :love:

Osmiumnitrate

Rinkside

Haha this is so funny! But what can we do? Its a forum that allows for open discussion after all! And without all that drama GS wouldn't be as fun to hang out as it has had been.