2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Kolyada also needs to work on stamina too. He has to front load more cause of it and it really causes him to leave points on the table. As well as not doing a flip.

This program would have been fine had he not kept his SP.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Comparing Max to Elvis is not an insult Max. Max should only be so lucky to have his career mentioned along with Elvis'. I will say, that Max could catch up to Elvis but, he needs 4 World Titles and 2 Olympic Medals first. Let's focus on the positive. It sure was nice to see Max smile the first thing morning here in Ca. He seems like a genuine person and I will always root for him. This performance will make his plane ride home a much more pleasant experience and it certainly made me happy. Bravo.:cheer2:

I still have hope for Max but I rather doubt at his age he will catch Elvis medal count and Max has one other major hurdle forget winning worlds or an olympic medal - he needs to make the team. He has the American Golden boy Jason Brown, the new hope of the skating world Nathan Chen, Adam Rippon and never lose hope Jeremy Abbott to deal with.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hanyu has many great skates since 2014 and even Chan had some especially 4cc's last year fs.
yes, they have had many great skates in senior A which is a puzzle why some people trash on them saying they don't have great skates.

ks777

Record Breaker
Admittedly I'm not a fan of Fernandez, but his pcs is ridiculous. Yes, he had a great skate and has a lot of quality, but let's not pretend his skating is at Chan/Hanyu's level... come on. But, getting higher pcs for clean skates is nothing new.
how funny people(yuzuru fan) keep putting Yuzuru on par with Chan when it comes to skating skills.

Meoima

Match Penalty
how funny people(yuzuru fan) keep putting Yuzuru on par with Chan when it comes to skating skills.
:scratch2: but many people who watched them live say so... that Hanyu and Chan have different style of SS but they are all great and much >>>>>>> than the rest.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Hanyu is great, awesome but not at Chan's level - that is a gift from God fair or unfair. I am sure he works hard at his SS but Chan was born with that gift too. But the system and perception does not really give him credit for his amazing pcs. I hope this site does not influence the judging; I really hope judges don't read our armchair comments - this is a very "elite" group on this site. Very interesting perspectives but I don't think it is necessarily right or educated but rather us armchair judges opinions.

ks777

Record Breaker
Why are people still yakking about Javi's PCS? It's been years and he is improve a lot in that department. Javi at Worlds 2014 receive the same PCS as the newly minted Olympic Champion. FYI he is now 4-time European Champion and 2-time World Champion and you expect him to score lower than these two serial bombers.

I know right? It's getting ridiculous.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hanyu is great, awesome but not at Chan's level - that is a gift from God fair or unfair. I am sure he works hard at his SS but Chan was born with that gift too. But the system and perception does not really give him credit for his amazing pcs. I hope this site does not influence the judging; I really hope judges don't read our armchair comments - this is a very "elite" group on this site. Very interesting perspectives but I don't think it is necessarily right or educated but rather us armchair judges opinions.
Eh but many people who have seen them live in practice and in competition say otherwise. ;) Remember, in practice Hanyu is faster than Patrick.
In competition Hanyu has more transitions than Patrick.
They just have different skating style, which way you prefer is up to you.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Javi for winning his 3rd Rosetelecom Cup, well done Javi!. Loved his program. :love:

Congrats to Shoma for winning the Silver and Alexei for the Bronze!

I was looking at the protocols and Shoma's 3A-1Lo-3F in the second half of the program
received 17.87 points. Wow that is a huge number.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

People mention Patrick and Yuzuru because they are ahead of the rest of the field but that isn't reflected in the scores. And yes, they are both miles ahead of Shoma and they are quite a bit better than Fernandez.

Not that it matters these days.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I thought the judges were actually a bit more restrained compared to yesterday. I thought both Shoma and Javier would have higher scores (though I would have rose an eyebrow). But still, I enjoyed both of their performances (though I still like Turandot and Guys and Dolls better) and they have displayed good consistency this season, which is bound to give them a PCS Boost. And the placements were right IMO,
Javi's FS is typical Javi, but he sells it right. I think it's still a bit early to say his is being over scored in relation to Patrick/Yuzuru, since he was clean here while the other two made some mistakes in their programs. It might be best to wait until the GPF to form an opinion on the matter. Judging here was a bit crazy overall, I think it was more of a matter of the event, not the skaters who were competing.
Anyways, congrats to Javi, Shoma and Alexei on their medals! And congrats to Shoma for making the GPF :yes:

ks777

Record Breaker
People mention Patrick and Yuzuru because they are ahead of the rest of the field but that isn't reflected in the scores. And yes, they are both miles ahead of Shoma.
maybe because Yuzuru and Patrick haven't skated clean this season, isn't that why they haven't gotten high PCS?? instead of putting other skaters down, why don't you guys look at it that way?

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am sorry I don't agree.
It is not up to you to disagree or not. The truth is that Hanyu and Patrick are the only 2 skaters who could use 2 crossovers and go full speed into quad and go across the rink. Even Carol Lane said about Yuzuru "the skating skills are absolutely incredible," and that was all the way back in 2015.
Judging skating skills might be subjective depends on your preference, but the numbers of crossovers, transitions and all do not lie.