2016 Trophée de France Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Short Dance

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But it's also about whether one loves, likes, tolerates, feels "meh" about or dislikes a certain skater's style. It's funny, because if I were to offer the opinion the B.Esp. guys did here in the forum, I know for sure that I'd be metaphorically pelted with rotten apples, rocks, etc. However, I do agree with it 100%.

Please...I only throw fresh apples at people. But if you say one thing about I/Z you better be prepared to make applesauce :devil:

slider11

Medalist
Even though Piper and Paul skate early, that didn't keep the Shibs from skating first in their SD and winning. The Shibs were at Skate America but I still think G/Ps score should be high presuming they skate well. Word is out that G/Ps programs are good this year.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm hoping for a medal for Elena and Ruslan, but they'll have to beat either H/D or G/P (I know they won't beat P/C), so it's kind of a long shot. I think they'll be able to stay ahead of T/T overall.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I prefer the random draw. Yes, our favorites may get stuck skating first; but they also have a chance to skate after someone more highly ranked at the GPF. Think about last year's GPF a little, and you'll see the plus there. Only three teams in the final group in a competition with only six teams. G&P would have had zero chance of skating in the final group there, and now if they make it, they have one. Mixing up the order means the judges will be working and trying to be on their mental game.

I think this is always a good thing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Even though Piper and Paul skate early, that didn't keep the Shibs from skating first in their SD and winning. The Shibs were at Skate America but I still think G/Ps score should be high presuming they skate well. Word is out that G/Ps programs are good this year.

It's not only that the programs are good, but the fact the Ice Dance federation chose last year's SD to become a new set pattern dance has given them something invaluable: credibility. Unless W/P get their act together, I can easily see G/P passing them this year.

I prefer the random draw.

I think this is always a good thing.

Random draw was always the rule until something like 2009. Dont understand why people complain. They forget so quickly. Remember the Pairs SP draws ? BS skating third at SLC thus keeping them away from a full 6.0 set in artistic ? Nobody complained.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I will be late for this, so good luck to all teams! Slay Piper & Paul! :cheer:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
never too early for some :ghug:

a big :ghug: to my Disco Diane and Disco Reggie (I'd put there a disco ball emoji if there would be any) - skate the sequins out of that SD and charm and entertain us again! :cheer:

:ghug: for a healthy competition

:ghug: for Gabriella and Guillaume, Elena and Ruslan!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm wondering how Gaby and Guillaume's SD has been developed since their outing at Masters.

Mattieu

Medalist
Gabriella and Guillaume, we are all with you, be fabulous as always!! :hap10:
Allez Elena and Ruslan! Knock them dead and grab that 3rd place! :love:

Allez too my little chouchous Lorenza and Pierre, excel yourselves :cheer:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congrats NoNameFace:clap: always like reading your posts:agree:

Gooooo IZ & NN :hap57:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It's not only that the programs are good, but the fact the Ice Dance federation chose last year's SD to become a new set pattern dance has given them something invaluable: credibility.

The ISU chose Kaliszek & Spodyriev's SD to become a new set pattern dance as well. Apparently the process changed and these two teams completed the necessary application process. Do we have a reason to believe that anyone who applied was rejected? (I assume they did, but I also kind of assume that G&P were the highest ranked team to have done so or that the top teams' patterns were determined to be too difficult to adapt for an entire field).

I believe it is far more significant that G&P have stronger programs this season and skated them well in their first two international competitions.

(I assume they did, but I also kind of assume that G&P were the highest ranked team to have done so or that the top teams' patterns were determined to be too difficult to adapt for an entire field).

It wasn't their logic when they choose the Golden Waltz from KP.
Though Midnight Blues was choose despite being not very hard. Who knows.

auser

Record Breaker