2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2016 World Championships Pairs Free Skate

sowcow

On the Ice
Did someone find D/R 's coaches tasteless? I mean taking the seats from skaters, really? You can celebrate later, but have some manner for God's sake.

I'm almost sure they did NOT wander over to the 'winners circle' on their own...

More likely they were 'summoned' by you know who: "Come over" ... "It doesn't matter that it's just for the skaters" ... "Yes, it's alright" ... "Come over S.V.P." ... "COME OVER!" ... [camera cuts from sad-faced V-T in the K&C, to the 'winner circle' with D/R and (reluctant) coaches] ... "Let's enjoy this!"

:dumb:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the all medalists.

However, I'm a bit depressed consecutively after the men's event. I'm hardly a fan of VT and St/Kl, but the downfalls of the veterans including Patrick at Worlds just make me sad. I wished to see a nice and fierce competition from my favorites disciplines, much more than seeing my favorites win.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nothing is shocking when the WC is hosted in USA.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all the russian ladies off podium tonight.

PUH-LEASE. V/T botched a lift, a throw (which got a +2 mind you), and a SBS jump, and lost levels. S/K botched both SBS jumping passes (one with a fall).

And they got plenty of PCS help too (one judge gave S/K 9.50, 9.25, 9.5), 9.75, 9.75; one judge gave V/T 9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.25, 9.5).

keasus

On the Ice
Congrats to D/R. Not my favourite team at all, but they performed their elements when they needed to and have won again. Those 3Lutzes gain them marks everytime.

My favourite Canadian team, however, were Lubov and Dylan. If she had done her 3S, they could have been much higher. What a lovely performance from start to finish.

Amen! They have come so far in such a short time. They have so much charisma together. I would love to see them challenge for a top 3 position in the world. I think they have the goods. Skate gods, be good to them, please:bow:

whatif

Medalist
Look I agree the coaches should have stayed out of the skaters' lounge. But you know, D/R had such a crap year, the emotion overwhelmed their judgment.

I actually love Megan's errr feisty opinionating. I hope TSL has them back on for a follow-up interview.

Everything you just described I call tasteless from, tacky programmes to general attitude, some find feisty but that does not mean they do not deserve the win. They will NOT be beatable with that clean tech content no matter how much Maxim coiffe his hair and grow manbuns and mustaches. I hope Tsarina Ksenia brings it on next year with clean 3-3-2 and 4throw. Otherwise we will have to suffer through D/R Adele programs for years.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well... in the end, team China lost their spot by 0,5 a point (which is the score difference between P/Z and D-M/G) :cry:

All in all, it was an interesting and dramatic, if somewhat disappointing, event. Some underperformed, others did well, but one thing this event has made clear for me is that, just like in ice dance (apart from P/C), everyone is really so incredibly close that you can never really tell who will win/podium. And that is a wonderful thing for the sport :yes: Makes me incredibly excited for next season :yay:

:agree:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
It's hard to believe China is down to two pairs next season. I feel bad for the athletes (especially Peng) but not even a little for the Chinese federation.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
And none of the GPF's gold medalists won here. In fact, the winner from pairs and dance didn't even podium...

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 231.99 2 1 video
2 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 224.47 1 2 video
3 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 216.17 4 3 video
4 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS 214.48 5 4 video
5 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 206.27 6 5 video
6 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 205.81 3 7 video
7 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN 199.52 8 6 video
8 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN 190.90 10 8 video
9 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 190.06 7 12 video
10 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 185.83 9 10 video
11 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 183.81 11 13 video
12 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN 182.46 12 9 video
13 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA USA 178.23 14 11 video
14 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 170.73 13 15 video
15 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN 168.65 15 14 video
16 Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA 137.24 16 16 video

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I officially admit that I'm gonna cry if the ladies will be off the podium. It will be the worst worlds for Russia, just a nail in the coffin. Lackluster much :(

whatif

Medalist
I'm almost sure they did NOT wander over to the 'winners circle' on their own...

More likely they were 'summoned' by you know who: "Come over" ... "It doesn't matter that it's just for the skaters" ... "Yes, it's alright" ... "Come over S.V.P." ... "COME OVER!" ... [camera cuts from sad-faced V-T in the K&C, to the 'winner circle' with D/R and (reluctant) coaches] ... "Let's enjoy this!"

:dumb:

OMG, you are killing me. https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xlskK9pbp68Mco/giphy.gif

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Nothing is shocking when the WC is hosted in USA.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all the russian ladies off podium tonight.

Has nothing to do with the USA, sorry. There is absolutely no way you can say Russians were robbed in any of the competitions here so far. They just didn't have it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
PUH-LEASE. V/T botched a lift, a throw (which got a +2 mind you), and a SBS jump, and lost levels. S/K botched both SBS jumping passes (one with a fall).

And they got plenty of PCS help too (one judge gave S/K 9.50, 9.25, 9.5), 9.75, 9.75; one judge gave V/T 9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 9.25, 9.5).

Okay fair enough, here in the Free Skate they didn't deserve a medal but there are some underscored mark for some russian athletes (in the SP the pairs too) and there is that super weird way of judging so different from the rest of the season and the previous years, where home advantage means everything.

But i'm not angry about it: this phenomenon starts here at WC in USA and it will finish here.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Everything you just described I call tasteless from, tacky programmes to general attitude, some find feisty but that does not mean they do not deserve the win. They will NOT be beatable with that clean tech content no matter how much Maxim coiffe his hair and grow manbuns and mustaches. I hope Tsarina Ksenia brings it on next year with clean 3-3-2 and 4throw. Otherwise we will have to suffer through D/R Adele programs for years.

I don't find D/R's LP tacky at all. They have zero romantic chemistry, so they need to find programs that work around that. The Adele song is a very good fit for them. And Julie Marcotte is a fine choreographer who does what talented choreographers always do: play up the strengths, hide/minimize the weaknesses. D/R are never going to be a graceful team. They are never going to be loveydoveys. They've found a style and type of music that works for them. Nothing tasteless about that.

You want tasteless/ How about every time Maxim opens his mouth as a commentator? You don't like your opponents, fine. But at least have some respect for them. Trashtalking is for the playing field, NOT the commentator's mic.