2016 World Junior Short Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 World Junior Short Dance

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Poor Alla, she must feel terrible right now....

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So looks like a gold/silver race between Parsons/Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter, and a race to the bronze between 6 teams wow

The Finn

Record Breaker
DANCE TECH TEAM

Referee Halina GORDON POLTORAK POL
Tech Controller Hal MARRON USA

The overscoring of US teams was so beyond ridiculous that I had to see who was the tech controller, and I really wasn't surprised that there was a American tech controller.

Sackie

Medalist
SD Judging Panel
1.Dubrowko POL
2. Ceccattini ITA
3. Faig GER
4. Rettstatt USA
5. Kosina CZE
6. Hurth FRA
7. Zaydman ISR
8. Abasova RUS
9. Gorojdanov BLR
I guess it's all fair that the Tech Controller is from the USA and the Asst Tech Spec is from RUS and there is a judge from both the RUS and USA! Makes sense to me. And the top 7 places are USA, RUS and 1 FRA team.

humbaba

Final Flight
So far this JWC has been been a very well skated and exciting competition. I'm hoping the Ladies continue the trend tomorrow. Those fans who turn up their noses at the junior comps don't know what they're missing. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
The overscoring of US teams was so beyond ridiculous that I had to see who was the tech controller, and I really wasn't surprised that there was a American tech controller.

When people write stuff like this I wish they would point out exactly where they believe the "overscoring" occurred. It would make me take their complaints much more seriously.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Great TES- I wonder if they can go into the lead :jaw:

On another note has Rachel gotten even taller? I know these two have always been super close in height but it was even more noticeable to me today for some reason.

Don't know if Rachel grew but she's definitely taller than the 5'3" listed in her bio. Lorraine is listed as almost 5'7" and is only an inch or two taller than Rachel. Both WISA teams are actually quite close in height but they manage it really well. So thrilled that the Parsons are leading! Hope they can skate their FD to it's full potential, it's a great program and I was sad after what happened at JGPF.

Nice to see two French teams do well!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Poor Loboda/Drozd. I really didn't expect that. They have a large chance of fighting back in the FD, though. I think they would have been third anyway even without the fall.

And did Popova/Vlasenko change their short dance just before Worlds, or already before Russian Junior Nationals? In any case, it did not pay off for them. Again, it is so like Betina - the twizzles were going so well, and then she had to hurry out of them like that with all of her usual overeagerness. Not to mention other things that I am not expert enough to really notice during the skate, but that surely were there. Still, they too have a fighting chance in the FD to at least get into top 5.

Loved Shpilevaya/Smirnov. Others too, of course.

Finally, what an upset from Parsons! Imagine if McNamara/Carpenter end up not winning - what a surprise! Although nothing should really surprise as in ice dance these days.

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States

You stumbled on our secret, US teams have no talent and can only score well by judges and technical controllers cooking the scores..NOT! I am so sick of people throwing shade like this. If you really feel the sport is so crooked quit watching.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After watching the videos of the SDs of McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons, I thought it was fair that the Parsons were ahead. Though I have a pinch more of a soft spot towards McNamara/Carpenter, the Parsons looked more clean and McNamara/Carpenter looked a little nervous in some of the movements. Plus I just checked the scores and there were a few lost levels in one of the waltz sections. The scores are so close for both of them that either team could win.

TMC

Record Breaker
After watching the videos of the SDs of McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons, I thought it was fair that the Parsons were ahead. Though I have a pinch more of a soft spot towards McNamara/Carpenter, the Parsons looked more clean and McNamara/Carpenter looked a little nervous in some of the movements. Plus I just checked the scores and there were a few lost levels in one of the waltz sections. The scores are so close for both of them that either team could win.

They got the exact same levels for the waltz?

ETA It was the NtStSq that made the difference, it appears, and GOEs.

Last edited: