2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating

Tulipstar

Medalist
ty

Egor Murashov is 3rd in Cup of Austria (186.76)
https://youtu.be/DBT7uPAVC2g

Well done by Egor.

Third in the skating, but first on the dancefloor. Want to know what I'm talking about?
Check out the Instagram story of Nik Folini:

https://www.instagram.com/nik_folini/
I'm pretty sure that's him:laugh:
(I think you can only see Instagram stories on your phone. They disappear after a day, and you can click on the circle on the top left of someone's page to view).

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
This time Plushenko will no longer take anyone's Olympic spot away, but where is the leader now? Russian fans, what are you going to get mad about then? If Kolyada can't really land a single 4lutz in competitions, why not change the strategy & the jump layout? Such risky element may ultimately ruin his health! Just by looking at his depressed face after the SP, can't you see that he has lost much confidence in himself?

gmyers

Record Breaker
This time Plushenko will no longer take anyone's Olympic spot away, but where is the leader now? Russian fans, what are you going to get mad about then? If Kolyada can't really land a single 4lutz in competitions, why not change the strategy & the jump layout? Such risky element may ultimately ruin his health! Just by looking at his depressed face after the SP, can't you see that he has lost much confidence in himself?

He abandoned salchows he needs to do another quad. If he's going to win the Olympics or worlds after Olympics he needs at least two different quads done 4 times!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

That's why the RusFed was right to send Plushenko to the Olympics, the others aren't that great and there isn't a leader now, the door is open to anyone who skates clean with quads.

Kolyada at his best is a great skater but you'll see him skating clean once or twice in a season, and you have to hope that he's going to deliver at the Olympics. I'm not surprised that he skated a bad SP at the ONM, he's a late bloomer and he was inconsistent even with only one quad toe in the short.

The hope are the new kids, for 2018 Olympics it is late (unless Dima or Samarin will skate clean at GP) but for 2022 they can start to build something.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I said it before in the Nepela Trophy thread and I say it again: I really detest the way Voronov is being ignored. Not just by the Fed, but because of their attitude towards him other people (experts, judges, spectators) often seem to follow suit. He's inconsistent, yes, but so is the rest of them with Dima Aliev the least inconsistent one. Sergei certainly should be given more of a chance.
I do like them all and they all have great potential. Don't know why they can't unleash it. Maybe they need to adopt different training methods or change their attitude to training. I totally loved Mikhail's SP the past two seasons, but something is missing about him. He's not the full package, hasn't got the personality on the ice that comes with great skaters.
However, I do like what I see in the junior ranks! I'm sure there will be at least one great Russian male skater in the near future. :agree2:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, then maybe change your previous post. I don’t think Samoylov deserve you to speak this way about him! It is not right to smear his reputation.

While skating in Eteri's group he already did it by himself. He was ruining all her programs. And Eteri teached to do quads even girls, so it's funny to speak about his 'talent' to do quads too. Enough.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
While skating in Eteri's group he already did it by himself. He was ruining all her programs. And Eteri teached to do quads even girls, so it's funny to speak about his 'talent' to do quads too. Enough.

I wonder what he said

russianfan

Match Penalty
the drama! :laugh: i don't care much about boys, but what did he say?

P.S. just give me a link, so i can provide a correct translation

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I wonder what he said

the drama! :laugh: i don't care much about boys, but what did he say?

P.S. just give me a link, so i can provide a correct translation

Don't know don't care. Russian men's skating so hopeless that only some dramas can bring it to the life again. But I'll pass. Really don't care. I just wanted to warn you about him, plushyfan. That's all. And better not to mention this name, at least in the Russian ladies thread. Here - you're welcome. Anyway, I'll be happy for Plushy, if some of his students will win medal at JGP. No matter who it is.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Don't know don't care. Russian men's skating so hopeless that only some dramas can bring it to the life again. But I'll pass. Really don't care. I just wanted to warn you about him, plushyfan. That's all. And better not to mention this name, at least in the Russian ladies thread. Here - you're welcome. Anyway, I'll be happy for Plushy, if some of his students will win medal at JGP. No matter who it is.

well, thats not gonna stop me :laugh:
it's kinda hard to find, since it seems like he's not popular at all, but rumors that i have found already are pretty disgusting... not sure if its true though