2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens FS

beki

Medalist
Jorik Hendrixx is a beautiful performer ... except for one thing (for me). He bend way forward at the waist going into jumps. It makes the telegraph of jumps more noticeable, and anyway, why would one do it that way?

I have only noticed men singles skaters doing this, no ladies that I recall right off. If only men have this tendency, why is that????

Ladies do too. Radionova comes to mind.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alex and Tom Dickson have proved a dream team in the past—for me this one doesn't measure up to that.

Yes, I would have preferred if they went with more subtle music; he's a skater of the beautiful nuance, not Big Drama. But he did take second, so good for him.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh come on, Swedish fed, Majorov did great here, please please don't be stupid, and just let him go already!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Julian bearly squeezed in, Michael is out for certain? No other chance?

nimi

Medalist
Not as good as his SP but might be enough for his first ever international medal, right?

(missed some of the middle part because of streaming issues)
YEAH!

According to wikipedia he's won silver in Challenge Cup in 12-13 season (that's an ISU Sr comp, right?) so I guess not his first ever sr int medal but still, double yay!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Jorik on his win! Great stuff, really enjoyed the FS especially.

Congratulations to all the guys who qualified, just brilliant! I wish them all well.

And those who didn't, still congrats for trying their best.

Now Sweden, please, try not to be daft and let Majorov go, thanks.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Julian bearly squeezed in, Michael is out for certain? No other chance?

There is. Majorov needs to score 260 so that Swedish fed lets him go to the Olympics. If they don't, Michael gets the spot.

Just to clarify, I want to see MCM at the Olympics but if Swedish fed doesn't let Alexander in it's heartbreaking.

EDIT: It's apparently the Swedish Olympic Committee that is dumb.

beki

Medalist
Overall, the results speak for themselves. Sorry for the ones who missed out, but congrats to the guys who earned spots!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists and to all the skaters that qualified their countries for a spot at the Olympics!

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
yes SOK (swedish olympic comitee) is known for being stupid and not sending athletes who qualify. But lets hope they send him!
The requirement is you must show top 8 form in CS or GP (wheter it means get top 8 in one comp or get a score that would place you 8th in the olympics is rather unclear)

When SOK denies athletes going they have been known to change treir mind if the outcry is loud enough

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
There is. Majorov needs to score 260 so that Swedish fed lets him go to the Olympics. If they don't, Michael gets the spot.

Just to be clear, it's not the Swedish Fed, they are supporting him. It's the Swedish Olympic Committee that is being stupid. Hopefully the Fed will pull all the strings it has but we have to wait and see.