2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens FS

Andrea82

Medalist
German Federation also fixed some required scores to be achieved to be included in the team. They are much more plausible than Swedish requirements though. For ex, for German men it is 208.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
German Federation also fixed some required scores to be achieved to be included in the team. They are much more plausible than Swedish requirements though. For ex, for German men it is 208.

208 is reasonable since that is what was needed to qualify today

sam123

On the Ice
I'm really really sad for MCM. Its just.......if only ALL of them can go to Pyeongchang. But alas, some things cannot be changed. This gets me more fired up and making me root for smaller feds athletes even more.
Don't give up boy! You can aim for Beijing now 😭😭😭

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am so happy for Julian. He made my day when I saw he kept the "it's a men's wold". It's an eclectic program that always makes me happy!

s_parks

Record Breaker
260... :slink: And I thought the korean fed was being ridiculous with the criteria(they still are).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Congrats to Jorik and all who qualified.

The Majorov thing has me steamed. Like really steamed. Can we start some kind of petition? Why would they not send him? No he won't win a medal but if that's all people care about what has the Olympics turned into?

Didn't the Swiss not send Lucinda Ruh even though she qualified?

Sabrina

Record Breaker

The Majorov thing has me steamed. Like really steamed. Can we start some kind of petition? Why would they not send him? No he won't win a medal but if that's all people care about what has the Olympics turned into?

So did Canada with Emanuel Sandhu

Kara

Final Flight
I AM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED FOR JUNEHYOUNG AND JULIAN!!! Have to watch everything after dousing myself in coffee, but phew!! Glad I just went to sleep or else my nerves would have killed me though I now have to be nervous for ice dance.:dbana: Is there any place people can write to the Swedish Olympic committee too because it would be a crime to not let Majorov go to the Olympics when he's rightfully earned a spot.:gaah:

Norwayskater

Rinkside
It was Denmark in 1994 (Anisette Torp-Lind)
Norway was in that predicament for Sochi, and after a looong debate, they finally agreed to send Anne Line Gjersem :)

Norway didn`t send Jan Erik Digernes to the 1994 Olympics, even though they could have. This because he didn`t place high enough at europeans.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so happy for Julian! It's been more than four years since the first time I saw him skate, but I still remember the shocked look on his face when I approached him afterwards and told him how much I had enjoyed his programs. Like he couldn't believe that in a competition with so many other skaters I had liked him. I wonder if I still have that photo somewhere.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Some countries, including Canada (and I am not sure if it's still the case here for Canadians) have very strict Olympic standards... and decide not to send athletes who won't be part of at least, let's say, the top 8-15 ..... so in some disciplines, an athlete can obtain a qualification from their international sports federation and be left home by their national olympic committee..

Canada still practices this method for at least one discipline that I follow : swimming.... the Olympic standards are very high.

In many ways, considering how much money a country will spend on an athlete to get to the games, it does make sense. However, I find that 260 points for a man in figure skating from a small federation skating wise, is a mistake.... I have no problem with a Canadian swimmer not reaching their standard... other swimmers will go and shine, even maybe medal and the sport will still be in the media and incite young swimmers to join teams...

However, considering Sweden... that's sad... considering their status on the world scene, they should definitely give their athletes if qualified, a chance to skate... Even a top 20 would be a very great achievement and may bring interest back in Sweden for the sport. I can understand them leaving athletes at home in skiing, both cross-country and alpine if they don't meet requirements, but they should be more flexible in sports like figure skating...