2017 Four Continents Ladies FS | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Ladies FS

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Mirai really got lowballed on PCS. 62, when Gabby and Kaetlyn got 64? Coming in as an alternate really did her no judging favors. At least she apparently skated clean....not even a single carrot, and snagged the bronze (should be silver).

Rissa

Record Breaker
From what I heard (I was typing at not paying attention) he said, you don't have to do that many and that the judges don't like them and they are going to make a rule (next year? ) that you can only do 1 next year. I would love to hear some confirmation on that... it will impact things...

Judges don't like them? I wouldn't have guessed... But if they want to put a limit to them, they must indeed be tired of them, huh.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hope Elizabet will ditch Rippons for now. She first need to skate few fully clean Free Programs to gain consistency and confidence. Then she may add one or two Rippons. But man, she looked so disspleased in Kiss & cry. I wonder is she wanted Brian to stop lecture her when she was down or she was just that mad at herself.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Okay, time to leave for lunch. It was nice doing this with you guys and I'm sorry I'll miss it for the men's event. Wishing everyone's faves to have great skates.

russell30

Final Flight
Hoping to catch up with the ladies highlights tonight back in the UK.

It seems Mihara was great, good to see comeback of Mirai but so sad to hear for Kaetlyn - she was my pick..hoping she comes back strong for worlds.

Guys...US have already picked Bell/Chen/Wagner for World Team I don't think they will change there mind and send Mirai - I would like her to go too - but I don't think so...

You are right though they could lose there 3rd spot for Oly's

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Mirai is so happy, she's beside herself. She should probably be sent to Worlds in place of Karen Chen. But will that happen? :unsure:

russell30

Final Flight
Mirai is so happy, she's beside herself. She should probably be sent to Worlds in place of Karen Chen. But will that happen? :unsure:

No She is the US Champion - Karen will get her place - maybe over Bell - but I cannot see that happening unless there is a withdrawal..

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Only in the dreams of the Mirai fans, who once again prove that they are more than happy to strip team selections off other skaters when their skater doesn't have the goods to be selected in the first place...

Eclair

Medalist
poor Zijun, she looked like she had some serious headaches in the warm-up:cry: I hope she's not seriously injured! I'm so sad for her! But this was a good program! She only stepped out of one jump, the rest was clean (one UR on the opening combo). Giving her 55 PCs when Dabin gets 57, Elisabet gets 59, Mai Mihara 62, Bell 58 and Karen 59 is just a travesty.

And to all those people saying that she lacks speed and energy: With her posture, edges, choreography, and SS, she SHOULDN'T need to be super fast and energetic to at least have the same PCS as Dabin, Elisabet and Mai! If Zijun had speed and energy, she should be getting PCS in the category of Osmond.

Zijn had the 5th highest TES and only the 10th!!!! highest PCs.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Brian just say "they don't like the hand over the head all the time, just jump, they are going to rule ONE time over the head"?
I thought I heard that too! Be still my heart. It would be too good to be true! I'd call it the Zayak/tano rule!!!!